Wikiposts

dialling code to UK

Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default dialling code to UK

Ok I know it's one of those stupid, stare you in the face answers but I just can't make sense of it.

Can someone please tell me what number to put into my mobile so that I can send a text to a UK mobile.I've tried every combination of zeros and fours but to no avail. :curse::curse:

So, for example, if the number is 07999999999, what do I put in?

Ta
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dialling code to UK

Originally Posted by mooncat
Ok I know it's one of those stupid, stare you in the face answers but I just can't make sense of it.

Can someone please tell me what number to put into my mobile so that I can send a text to a UK mobile.I've tried every combination of zeros and fours but to no avail. :curse::curse:

Ta
+4479999999999

or in old money

either will work

JTL
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:37 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mooncat

Ta
Hi,

00 11 44 79999999999

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're phoning from a mobile go with JTL. If you're phoning from a landline go with Stitch
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I have been having a problem in this department lately. I shall explain.

Accordiing to vodafone i use a different number to phone someone in the UK to the one i use if i want to text them. How mad is that?

They told me that if i text i only need to use +44, but if i ring i should use 00 11
So i need two entries in my phone for every person, one is a number to text them on and the other is for phoning them.

Mental

Jazzys
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:26 am
Just Joined

johnwilkinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jazzys
I have been having a problem in this department lately. I shall explain.

Accordiing to vodafone i use a different number to phone someone in the UK to the one i use if i want to text them. How mad is that?

They told me that if i text i only need to use +44, but if i ring i should use 00 11
So i need two entries in my phone for every person, one is a number to text them on and the other is for phoning them.

Mental

Jazzys
You may need to configure the "international dialing code exit number" for your phone. Every country has a different one....

US is 011
Aus is 0011
Europe is 00

Try asking vodaphone there how to do that

Cheers
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks john, i will. the trouble i'm having is if i send a text message to someone in my phone book it never ever goes but if i reply to one i've been sent it does.

There must be a solution somewhere

Jazzys
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

00 11 44 79999999999

Cheers

Ginny
before you start counting the 9s ive already already counted for you theres 10 yep T E N no need to thank me it was my pleasure

Last edited by mad city fan; Sep 27th 2007 at 9:51 am.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks john, i will. the trouble i'm having is if i send a text message to someone in my phone book it never ever goes but if i reply to one i've been sent it does.

There must be a solution somewhere

Jazzys
Can you save the incoming number and use that in your contacts list? That way it should be correct.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

It doesn't show me the incoming number, it just gives the persons name bacause they are already in my address book.

Oh i'll work it out, don't worry.

jazzys
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:07 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't show me the incoming number, it just gives the persons name bacause they are already in my address book.

Oh i'll work it out, don't worry.

jazzys
its usually texts i use for the uk so I changed all my UK numbers in my contacts to +44 If I want to phone...which is very rare lol I just edit the number adding the 11 before I call that was when I used vodafone.

Now I use Virgin I dont need to do that
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Aye its an arse on though isn't it.

I will probably change mine to +44 cos i will probably only text from my mobile to the UK. I've been using skype for calls.

Jazzys
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Cripes I never knew it was sooooo complicated.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Aye its an arse on though isn't it.

I will probably change mine to +44 cos i will probably only text from my mobile to the UK. I've been using skype for calls.

Jazzys

Can't understand that, cos I'm on Vodafone and I don't have any problem texting or ringing using the same number (using the +44 prefix)

Very strange
Old Sep 27th 2007, 4:33 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Wendy
Can't understand that, cos I'm on Vodafone and I don't have any problem texting or ringing using the same number (using the +44 prefix)

Very strange
that works for me, put in the plus sign and the phone figures out the rest
clever really

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.