British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Devastated (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/devastated-668544/)

JenJen May 17th 2010 11:38 am

Devastated

I'm not really a religious person but could do with prayers or something at the moment....

Had a great visit with my husbands brother last Friday, in fact was probably the best visit we've had with him... very relaxed and we were worrying we'd have to delay our plans to fly around mid August out to Oz as we really believed he could still be here...

Had the call everyone dreads this morning to say that his body is shutting down and only has a few days left :(
Mr JenJen is gonna try and go into work this afternoon :( cause he'll prob need end of the week off.
Which leaves me to tell the kids later after school.... :(
Gonna try and get them out of school early tomorrow or Wednesday so they can see him at least one last time...

:( :(

I believe he'll soon be in a better place and free from all the pain and distress of the last few months but it doesn't help the fact that he'll be so very missed

RedT May 17th 2010 11:40 am

Re: Devastated

I'm so sorry to read this Jenjen, the only comfort is knowing you got to spend good time with him before the end :(

((hugs))

Tx

moneypenny20 May 17th 2010 11:46 am

I don't think you need prayers but then I'm a non believer. I think you have to remind yourselves again and again how he will no longer be suffering and how lucky you've been to have a great visit and actually spend quality time with him. Celebrate the life and celebrate the fact that you knew him and how many people have loved him.

Hope the end is peaceful.

JenJen May 17th 2010 12:32 pm

I don't believe either Moneypenny but we need something.

Having spoken through a medium to both my grandparents I know he'll still be around us but I've always hated goodbyes no matter form they take.

His little boy won't remember his daddy as he's only 20 months old that in itself is devastating as altho he could be a stubborn sod Mr JenJen's brother has been a real character and part of the heart of the family :wub:

Thank you for all your kind wishes

shears May 17th 2010 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by JenJen (Post 8570388)
I don't believe either Moneypenny but we need something.

Having spoken through a medium to both my grandparents I know he'll still be around us but I've always hated goodbyes no matter form they take.

His little boy won't remember his daddy as he's only 20 months old that in itself is devastating as altho he could be a stubborn sod Mr JenJen's brother has been a real character and part of the heart of the family :wub:

Thank you for all your kind wishes

Aw Jen that's such sad news, our thoughts (and prayers if you want them!) are with you

shears :)

CEM May 17th 2010 12:39 pm

So sorry to hear this JenJen. My thoughts are with you.

Kayelem May 17th 2010 5:17 pm

Such as sad sad post. I am a nurse and have spent time with families when their loved ones have been in their final hours. I don't know if he is in hospital as I only have experience in this setting but I have often found that a calm comes over all involved and it can be made into a special time. I have had families return to the ward after their loved ones have passed away to thank staff for making a sad time a special one. Incase you don't know (excuse me if you do) hearing is the last sense to go so loving words will be heard even if he appears not to be conscious. My thoughts are with you, may he have peace and calm on his final journey.

Kapri May 17th 2010 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by JenJen (Post 8570294)
I'm not really a religious person but could do with prayers or something at the moment....

Had the call everyone dreads this morning to say that his body is shutting down and only has a few days left :(
Mr JenJen is gonna try and go into work this afternoon :( cause he'll prob need end of the week off.

:( :(

I believe he'll soon be in a better place and free from all the pain and distress of the last few months but it doesn't help the fact that he'll be so very missed

So sad Jen, my thoughts are with you xx

Originally Posted by Kayelem (Post 8571093)
Such as sad sad post. I am a nurse and have spent time with families when their loved ones have been in their final hours. I don't know if he is in hospital as I only have experience in this setting but I have often found that a calm comes over all involved and it can be made into a special time. I have had families return to the ward after their loved ones have passed away to thank staff for making a sad time a special one. Incase you don't know (excuse me if you do) hearing is the last sense to go so loving words will be heard even if he appears not to be conscious. My thoughts are with you, may he have peace and calm on his final journey.

What a lovely post, and very true. My Dad died in a hospice with his family around him and it was a sad but special time.

soapy© May 17th 2010 7:47 pm

so sad. our thoughts are with you Jen:(

TiddlyPom May 17th 2010 11:27 pm

Very sad Jen. So sorry for everything your family are going through.

I hope the end is peaceful and dignified.
His little boy will have you guys to tell them what his Dad was like.

Hugs.

Jen1977ni May 17th 2010 11:33 pm

Thinking of all of you Jen, I hope the end is peaceful and that you can take some solace in the fact that he's going to a much better place.

Dreamy May 18th 2010 1:13 am

Originally Posted by JenJen (Post 8570388)

My youngest was the same age when his father died. He doesn't remember the physical being of his father.. but he remembers the essence of him. And he's grown up with tales of his daddy's antics. I'm sure it'll be the same for your nephew. I told my boys that Daddy was the brightest star in the night sky and he was always there, watching over them - no matter where we go we always check to see what the brightest star is and know that he is there with us, even now, 14 years later.

Its important to still talk about him after he's gone - even (especially!) the stubborn soddery bits :)

My thoughts are with all of you x x x

herrchook May 18th 2010 1:17 am

I'll be thinking of you and your family over the coming days. I hope you all find some peace.

Janna and Nick May 18th 2010 3:41 am

Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. Our thoughts are with your whole family at this very difficult time.

:(:wub:

Wjuicypeach May 18th 2010 8:18 am

Oh that is so sad, my heart goes out to you all. Thinking of you at this very difficult time xxx