Devastated

Old May 17th 2010, 11:38 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Devastated

I'm not really a religious person but could do with prayers or something at the moment....

Had a great visit with my husbands brother last Friday, in fact was probably the best visit we've had with him... very relaxed and we were worrying we'd have to delay our plans to fly around mid August out to Oz as we really believed he could still be here...

Had the call everyone dreads this morning to say that his body is shutting down and only has a few days left
Mr JenJen is gonna try and go into work this afternoon cause he'll prob need end of the week off.
Which leaves me to tell the kids later after school....
Gonna try and get them out of school early tomorrow or Wednesday so they can see him at least one last time...

I believe he'll soon be in a better place and free from all the pain and distress of the last few months but it doesn't help the fact that he'll be so very missed
Old May 17th 2010, 11:40 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Devastated

I'm so sorry to read this Jenjen, the only comfort is knowing you got to spend good time with him before the end

((hugs))

Tx
Old May 17th 2010, 11:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you need prayers but then I'm a non believer. I think you have to remind yourselves again and again how he will no longer be suffering and how lucky you've been to have a great visit and actually spend quality time with him. Celebrate the life and celebrate the fact that you knew him and how many people have loved him.

Hope the end is peaceful.
Old May 17th 2010, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't believe either Moneypenny but we need something.

Having spoken through a medium to both my grandparents I know he'll still be around us but I've always hated goodbyes no matter form they take.

His little boy won't remember his daddy as he's only 20 months old that in itself is devastating as altho he could be a stubborn sod Mr JenJen's brother has been a real character and part of the heart of the family

Thank you for all your kind wishes
Old May 17th 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
I don't believe either Moneypenny but we need something.

Having spoken through a medium to both my grandparents I know he'll still be around us but I've always hated goodbyes no matter form they take.

His little boy won't remember his daddy as he's only 20 months old that in itself is devastating as altho he could be a stubborn sod Mr JenJen's brother has been a real character and part of the heart of the family

Thank you for all your kind wishes
Aw Jen that's such sad news, our thoughts (and prayers if you want them!) are with you

shears
Old May 17th 2010, 12:39 pm
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

So sorry to hear this JenJen. My thoughts are with you.
Old May 17th 2010, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Such as sad sad post. I am a nurse and have spent time with families when their loved ones have been in their final hours. I don't know if he is in hospital as I only have experience in this setting but I have often found that a calm comes over all involved and it can be made into a special time. I have had families return to the ward after their loved ones have passed away to thank staff for making a sad time a special one. Incase you don't know (excuse me if you do) hearing is the last sense to go so loving words will be heard even if he appears not to be conscious. My thoughts are with you, may he have peace and calm on his final journey.
Old May 17th 2010, 6:44 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really a religious person but could do with prayers or something at the moment....

Had the call everyone dreads this morning to say that his body is shutting down and only has a few days left
Mr JenJen is gonna try and go into work this afternoon cause he'll prob need end of the week off.

I believe he'll soon be in a better place and free from all the pain and distress of the last few months but it doesn't help the fact that he'll be so very missed

So sad Jen, my thoughts are with you xx

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Such as sad sad post. I am a nurse and have spent time with families when their loved ones have been in their final hours. I don't know if he is in hospital as I only have experience in this setting but I have often found that a calm comes over all involved and it can be made into a special time. I have had families return to the ward after their loved ones have passed away to thank staff for making a sad time a special one. Incase you don't know (excuse me if you do) hearing is the last sense to go so loving words will be heard even if he appears not to be conscious. My thoughts are with you, may he have peace and calm on his final journey.
What a lovely post, and very true. My Dad died in a hospice with his family around him and it was a sad but special time.
Old May 17th 2010, 7:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

so sad. our thoughts are with you Jen
Old May 17th 2010, 11:27 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sad Jen. So sorry for everything your family are going through.

I hope the end is peaceful and dignified.
His little boy will have you guys to tell them what his Dad was like.

Hugs.
Old May 17th 2010, 11:33 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of all of you Jen, I hope the end is peaceful and that you can take some solace in the fact that he's going to a much better place.

Last edited by Jen1977ni; May 17th 2010 at 11:44 pm.
Old May 18th 2010, 1:13 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest was the same age when his father died. He doesn't remember the physical being of his father.. but he remembers the essence of him. And he's grown up with tales of his daddy's antics. I'm sure it'll be the same for your nephew. I told my boys that Daddy was the brightest star in the night sky and he was always there, watching over them - no matter where we go we always check to see what the brightest star is and know that he is there with us, even now, 14 years later.

Its important to still talk about him after he's gone - even (especially!) the stubborn soddery bits

My thoughts are with all of you x x x
Old May 18th 2010, 1:17 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be thinking of you and your family over the coming days. I hope you all find some peace.
Old May 18th 2010, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. Our thoughts are with your whole family at this very difficult time.

Old May 18th 2010, 8:18 am
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

Oh that is so sad, my heart goes out to you all. Thinking of you at this very difficult time xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.