Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Describe Your Fitness Regime/Plan

Wikiposts

Describe Your Fitness Regime/Plan

Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:16 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Describe Your Fitness Regime/Plan

Originally Posted by sme
I bet you'd look good in leg warmers and a head band .
FWIW I always had a thing about Bruno Martelli
piss take material for lunchtime
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light

At the somewhat ripe old age of 40, I start rugby training this evening

I had left messages all over the shop to find out where they were training but didn't receive a reply. I even psyched myself up and went to the advertised spot last week but after half an hour nobody showed and I was a little pleased tbh. However, the coach called me not 10 minutes ago with new directions and the news that there is a 'social' game this weekend

I knew I should have been using my gym subscription for something. Don't suppose I could get fit by this weekend if I gave up beer and fags today
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:22 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Train 6 days a week for a hard hour of weights.

Interval sprint or cycle work 6 days a week for 30 mins.

Analyze every last bit of food that goes into my mouth and spreadsheet it, eat 6 meals a day, ditch all carbs through the week, carb load weekends, take too many amino acids supplements and generally obsess about your fitness and the way you look.

Get two remedial massages a week to put you back together again and not be able to find clothes that fit properly since your a XL chest and shoulders, S waist and L legs.

Welcome to bodybuilding. If you didn't have many body issues before starting it - you will after
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

"The barney diet"

I can highly recommend my diet/exercise program to each and all.

After going to my doctors for a minor ailment, she stated that after 10 years of seeing me, I had not had a complete medical check over. I am 46 years of age.

I had a full blood test taken, monitored my Heart and blood pressure for a week, weight height etc all taken.

My wife was convinced that I would be on a very strict diet once my final tests had come back to my doctor.

After a two week wait, I was given a full clean bill of health by my doctor.

How do I do it, well, follow my clean living example and you too could have a clean bill of health.

My advise is as follows:

Drink lots of beer on a weekend, eat meat meat and more meat with every meal. The only vegetable to pass my lips is sweetcorn. I have cheese and marmite sandwiches for work every day. I do like the odd glass of wine.

For exercise, I work hard on our small acreage property and walk my dogs every morning before 6am. That is all it takes.

"Clean living Clive" should be my name.

Barney
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Train 6 days a week for a hard hour of weights.

Interval sprint or cycle work 6 days a week for 30 mins.

Analyze every last bit of food that goes into my mouth and spreadsheet it, eat 6 meals a day, ditch all carbs through the week, carb load weekends, take too many amino acids supplements and generally obsess about your fitness and the way you look.

Get two remedial massages a week to put you back together again and not be able to find clothes that fit properly since your a XL chest and shoulders, S waist and L legs.

Welcome to bodybuilding. If you didn't have many body issues before starting it - you will after
Didn't do this chap any harm by the looks of it. If it's good enough for Romeo it's good enough for me...
Attached Thumbnails Describe Your Fitness Regime/Plan-romeo1.jpg  
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:22 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Exercise Routine

If you're over 30, you might want to take it easy at first, then do it faster as you become more proficient.
It may be too strenuous for some.

Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program!

SCROLL DOWN...

NOW SCROLL UP..
That's enough for the first day. Great job.

Have a Chocolate
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in keeping fit by doing normal activities like running to the shops with a rucksack and then running home with all the tins(!) or taking 8kg in my rucksack on the commute to work and running up and down the stairs, and running to the tram stop, but as I've got older I've been forced to structure it more conventionally.

I used to hate gyms but now go to a class twice a week and do Powerbar - with the girls(!) What I like is that the early start 6am - puts off the prima donnas and wankers and we can all focus. The girls are all super fit housewives who take it quite seriously.

I try to run at the weekend to keep up the cardio - or push the girls up and down our hills with Chief. I did have a sort of firefighters course out the back like a 70kg dummy, container pull but that is off the menu for the time being.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I believe in keeping fit by doing normal activities like running to the shops with a rucksack and then running home with all the tins(!) or taking 8kg in my rucksack on the commute to work and running up and down the stairs, and running to the tram stop, but as I've got older I've been forced to structure it more conventionally.

I used to hate gyms but now go to a class twice a week and do Powerbar - with the girls(!) What I like is that the early start 6am - puts off the prima donnas and wankers and we can all focus. The girls are all super fit housewives who take it quite seriously.

I try to run at the weekend to keep up the cardio - or push the girls up and down our hills with Chief. I did have a sort of firefighters course out the back like a 70kg dummy, container pull but that is off the menu for the time being.
So when did you leave the SAS exactly?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

I run for 30 mins 5 days a week (alternate between interval training and jog) , walk the dogs pretty fast for about 50mins 5 days a week and have committed to spending less time on the computer as that's when I pick at food.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148
"The barney diet"

I can highly recommend my diet/exercise program to each and all.

After going to my doctors for a minor ailment, she stated that after 10 years of seeing me, I had not had a complete medical check over. I am 46 years of age.

I had a full blood test taken, monitored my Heart and blood pressure for a week, weight height etc all taken.

My wife was convinced that I would be on a very strict diet once my final tests had come back to my doctor.

After a two week wait, I was given a full clean bill of health by my doctor.

How do I do it, well, follow my clean living example and you too could have a clean bill of health.

My advise is as follows:

Drink lots of beer on a weekend, eat meat meat and more meat with every meal. The only vegetable to pass my lips is sweetcorn. I have cheese and marmite sandwiches for work every day. I do like the odd glass of wine.

For exercise, I work hard on our small acreage property and walk my dogs every morning before 6am. That is all it takes.

"Clean living Clive" should be my name.

Barney

Think i like the sound of this diet best

Nicky
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tictac
So when did you leave the SAS exactly?
They're fit blokes that lot. They train, what, Saturday and Sundays?

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Feb 25th 2008 at 9:00 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:06 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

March of what year

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Off the booze for March,
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:09 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
March of what year
It has to be this year before my body grinds to a indecent halt (what a nice image that leaves) ... having said that I am making the most of the last few days of Feb

Last time I had a 'month off' I got every virus and sniffle under the sun, I swear my body needs a residual amount of alcohol to function properly ...