Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Depression / anxiety

Depression / anxiety

Old May 17th 2012, 9:38 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Depression / anxiety

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ahhh that's what I love about you, my friend, always there to make me smile no matter how down I feel So what does Nursey recommend for lifting the black dog off my shoulders this weekend?
A vet
Old May 17th 2012, 9:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
A vet
For me or the black dog?

Old May 17th 2012, 9:51 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
For me or the black dog?

They might do a deal.BOGOF
Old May 17th 2012, 9:54 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They might do a deal.BOGOF

Now I know why they say laughter's the best medicine
Old May 18th 2012, 8:45 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

In my medical opinion-------YER ALL FACKIN BONKERS
So lets get this right.... We're all bonkers and Polly's got a big black dog on her?
Old May 18th 2012, 9:10 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by paulry
So lets get this right.... We're all bonkers and Polly's got a big black dog on her?
She should be happy to have something 'on her',been a long time
Old May 18th 2012, 10:20 am
Home and Happy

She should be happy to have something 'on her',been a long time
Old May 18th 2012, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My sister is depressed. She has been facebooking that she broke down in tears on dad's grave again. She has just found out that she has to have a root canal and crown, and another MRI on her brain as her migraines are back with a vengeance, and they want to check that she hasn't had another stroke. She is on medication (prozac and gabapentin) but it doesn't seem to be working too well. I feel kind of helpless as I'm stuck a long way away and she doesn't e-mail me. I was forced to join facebook partly just to find out what she is doing.

I think life has just got all too much for her.
Old May 18th 2012, 9:47 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
My sister is depressed. She has been facebooking that she broke down in tears on dad's grave again. She has just found out that she has to have a root canal and crown, and another MRI on her brain as her migraines are back with a vengeance, and they want to check that she hasn't had another stroke. She is on medication (prozac and gabapentin) but it doesn't seem to be working too well. I feel kind of helpless as I'm stuck a long way away and she doesn't e-mail me. I was forced to join facebook partly just to find out what she is doing.

I will resite some Buddhist readings and light some insence for her at the temple tomorrow,my heart is heavy for her tonight.
Old May 19th 2012, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I will resite some Buddhist readings and light some insence for her at the temple tomorrow,my heart is heavy for her tonight.
Where will you be moving them to? please dont put them out of my reach again..
Old May 19th 2012, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips

I would guess you can't do too much for her at the moment, except to let her know that you you are still there and care and won't be abandoning her. Being on the other side of the world is not that important. If you were together she could still choose to ignore you and isolate herself. I always found it hardest to function with those closest to me and shunned their attention. I felt I could 'act out the part of being me with people in other social situations. Just maybe your sister is feeling like that.
Old May 19th 2012, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you more interested in the science than the social aspects you might like to look at a few summaries of current neurological research, especially about conditions as disparate as PMT and epilepsy might be related. Other factors such a diet as a teenager affecting oxygenation of the blood supply to the brain and the blood vessels themselves are now being implicated in brain health in later life. So much to discover.

http://www.neurology.ucla.edu/index.jsp?m=4&s=1_2
Old May 30th 2012, 5:26 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Niacin: The Depression Cure

Read the comments attached to the article

Last edited by paulry; May 30th 2012 at 5:30 pm.
Old May 30th 2012, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My sister has an atrocious diet- wonder if she should take some niacin?? Migh get her off the prozac and a lot of the other meds she is on.
Old May 31st 2012, 8:32 am
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

Just slipped back into depression myself. Was feeling overwhelmed at work and gradually slipped back after having my first episode 6 years ago. I found myself unable to sleep or concentrate, make decisions and a constant tense feeling in the stomach. I have been back on the meds for three days so no effects yet. Also have a little time off work. I never thought I would suffer from depression.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.