Dental implants

Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dental implants

After doing a lot of research and thinking, I'm getting full upper and lower dental reconstructions with an implant system called 'all on four'.

The reason I'm sharing this bit of trivia is solely to help anyone who is thinking about doing the same. With all due respect, it's not an invitation for people to ask why I need this done or to offer other solutions.

It's a costly exercise and there seems to be a lot of 'cowboys' around. I'm only at the beginning of it all, but if anyone who's contemplating this treatment wants to email me through BE, either now or as the time passes, I'll share all the info I get plus let you know how it's working out for me. Needless to say, any conversations I have will be kept entirely confidential.

Can't wait to get me new fangs
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dental implants

Hope it all goes well for you. Costly!! I have only one implant and that was not cheap.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:13 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a mate who did the same thing a couple of years ago. She was very conscious of her teeth & went the bridge on 4 route. She loathes the result. Every mouthful of food forces small particles under the bridgework & because it's fixed it often becomes lodged firmly under there. She carries a high pressure water jetting dental irrigator[about the size of a battery operated toothbrush] everywhere she goes & spends 5 mins in the toilet after every meal trying to remove those particles. Given the choice she would rather have removable false teeth.
She's the only person I know with that type of work so I only have her opinion, I'm guessing many learn to deal with it.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 1:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Hope it all goes well for you. Costly!! I have only one implant and that was not cheap.
Thanks Caroline. You get a discount for bulk
Old Aug 15th 2014, 1:11 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by cresta57
I have a mate who did the same thing a couple of years ago. She was very conscious of her teeth & went the bridge on 4 route. She loathes the result. Every mouthful of food forces small particles under the bridgework & because it's fixed it often becomes lodged firmly under there. She carries a high pressure water jetting dental irrigator[about the size of a battery operated toothbrush] everywhere she goes & spends 5 mins in the toilet after every meal trying to remove those particles. Given the choice she would rather have removable false teeth.
She's the only person I know with that type of work so I only have her opinion, I'm guessing many learn to deal with it.
It certainly doesn't work for everyone, and as I said there seem to be a lot of cowboy types around. I feel for your mate Cresta, it's a hell of a lot to go through and not be happy.

I researched this for a year before making up my mind, I'm the sort of person who researches the hell out of everything The dental surgeon I eventually chose is a teaching surgeon at a major hospital, as well as having a private practice - and I've already told him that he'd better invest in a bullet-proof vest if I'm not happy with the results
Old Aug 15th 2014, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

After 19 root canals and new problems appearing almost every week I had all my teeth extracted and implants inserted in the lower jaw. At the time it was difficult to get implants in the upper but I am aware that at least one system has since been introduced and maybe more. Anyway I've now had mine for almost twenty years and I'm very pleased with them, the upper just sits in place and gives me no problems. It is so good not to have abscesses along with all the aches and pains that go with them. One of our neighbours, a quite elderly lady had hers fitted in 1948, she was part of the trials for then new Nobel system, she still has hers, no problem with the implants but maintenance is needed every 20 years or so. I recently had my lower teeth converted from fixed to removable, they now clip in which I would recommend, much easier to clean especially overnight when I use ALDI denture tablets.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I have one implant and a couple of bridges, all fine. I use Oral B Super Floss to clean under the bridges - very quick and easy. I also go for a proper periodontal clean clean once a year to get the implant checked (surplus to normal dentist's checks).
Old Aug 15th 2014, 10:20 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
After 19 root canals and new problems appearing almost every week I had all my teeth extracted and implants inserted in the lower jaw. At the time it was difficult to get implants in the upper but I am aware that at least one system has since been introduced and maybe more. Anyway I've now had mine for almost twenty years and I'm very pleased with them, the upper just sits in place and gives me no problems. It is so good not to have abscesses along with all the aches and pains that go with them. One of our neighbours, a quite elderly lady had hers fitted in 1948, she was part of the trials for then new Nobel system, she still has hers, no problem with the implants but maintenance is needed every 20 years or so. I recently had my lower teeth converted from fixed to removable, they now clip in which I would recommend, much easier to clean especially overnight when I use ALDI denture tablets.
A nice, encouraging message for people thinking about this sort of treatment Nigel, thanks I agree that the clip on bridges would be easier to clean but something in me won't accept them, I want teef that stay in my mouth (even though the water pen sounds like a pain). I so understand when you say how good you feel to be rid of dental problems - my latest was an abscess that invaded my sinuses and throat - was crook as a dog and ended up in hospital on IV antibiotics. No more, she cried!
Old Aug 15th 2014, 10:22 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by lesleys
I have one implant and a couple of bridges, all fine. I use Oral B Super Floss to clean under the bridges - very quick and easy. I also go for a proper periodontal clean clean once a year to get the implant checked (surplus to normal dentist's checks).
Oh, that sounds really good Lesley! I wonder why the insistence on water pens for people with the all on 4 system? Clearly you do very well without it. Maybe it's something to do with the angle of the implants for the 'whole shebang' job.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
... I want teef that stay in my mouth ...
I like teef but for a Spouse of Scouse shouldn't mouth be replaced by gob? I'm not from Liddypool but did work in the city and live in Chewbrook a few years.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 11:33 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
I like teef but for a Spouse of Scouse shouldn't mouth be replaced by gob? I'm not from Liddypool but did work in the city and live in Chewbrook a few years.
I'm an Aussie Nigel, the spouse is the Scouse. We're going to retire in Liddypool within the next couple of years
Old Aug 18th 2014, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm an Aussie Nigel, the spouse is the Scouse. We're going to retire in Liddypool within the next couple of years
Better get practising the language then...................
Old Aug 18th 2014, 10:08 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Better get practising the language then...................
Hahaaa - how true is that! I've known him for 6 years, and he still comes out with things that mystify me - I think the last one was 'Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs'. My bewilderment wasn't helped by the fact that we have no stairs.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody tried the flexible gums? I only know one person who has had this treatment but it was only for 2 teeth but it is so comfortable she forgets she has them, wondered what it might be like for 5 and how much it would cost.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:40 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by gill556
Has anybody tried the flexible gums? I only know one person who has had this treatment but it was only for 2 teeth but it is so comfortable she forgets she has them, wondered what it might be like for 5 and how much it would cost.
I haven't heard of flexible gums gill - off to Google it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.