In Denial-I think!

Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Question In Denial-I think!

Cannot believe that in 2 days the packers will be here to pack & ship our stuff to Sydney. It`s still Christmas,the tree/cards etc are still up but friends are coming today to claim things we`ve conned them into buying or rehoming ,cupboards are still full nothing is packed and we spent the day at the London sales...........what are we doing? Anyone else heading to Sydney this month?Anyone else in the state of denial that I feel we are?
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:53 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: In Denial-I think!

It does sound like your in denial, but what a great start to 2007 its going to be for you, Good Luck in Sydney.

Have a few to celebrate your last new years eve in the cold wet UK.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Our house is being packed up in one week. I have been nagging OH for the last week (at least!) to sort through his clothes and take out what he wants to keep for the next few months - he says 'ok in a minute' and has not done a thing!
Although I haven't done much either.....
Maybe the denial thing is normal?!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:06 pm
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road

Less denial, more sheer terror...
Packers been and gone and flights out next Wednesday. House seems to have developed tardis like qualities - there is so much rubbish lying around on the floor, despite being ruthless with bin bags. No one comes to our house anymore without having spare bits of furniture/ odds and sods being thrust upon 'em but all this stuff doesn't seem to be diminishing!!!!
Still got to clean out oven and fridge prior to rental
...lots of bottles of beer and wine needing to be drunk and a half bottle of baileys

I think everyone who's done this deserves a medal!!!!
Tell me it'll all be over soon......
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

We`re clearing out drinks cupboard tonight to take to the friends we`re spending NYE with. We`ll be the most popular guests!!!!!!! Sadly normally I`d have drained the bottles myself but have not had time to sit down for days............
OH is fab he`s sorted all his clothes -I`m left with mine and 3 childrens to sort- oh and the household as well. Not much!
All day people have been collecting stuff and going away with bags of extra rubbish.Once word gets out we`ll have no more visitors.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:06 pm
Caroline

Originally Posted by Wilgar
We`re clearing out drinks cupboard tonight to take to the friends we`re spending NYE with. We`ll be the most popular guests!!!!!!! Sadly normally I`d have drained the bottles myself but have not had time to sit down for days............
OH is fab he`s sorted all his clothes -I`m left with mine and 3 childrens to sort- oh and the household as well. Not much!
All day people have been collecting stuff and going away with bags of extra rubbish.Once word gets out we`ll have no more visitors.
OH is boarding the loft as I type - we have run out of space to put our cr*p.
I wish Oxfam was open tomorrow.
Don't answer the door! - It's people bearing gifts!!! Perhaps they could bung em all in the loft direct (oh this bizness is making me ungrateful)
No hope of celebration tonite. Just bleedin packing and more...
O why O why did I leave it so late????
Good luck!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: In Denial-I think!

Are you ready for the off tomorrow?You must have cleared all the junk out by now.We`re along way off-but getting there.Have a good last night and a safe trip.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 5:22 pm
Caroline

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Are you ready for the off tomorrow?You must have cleared all the junk out by now.We`re along way off-but getting there.Have a good last night and a safe trip.
Noooooooooo :scared: just finishing!!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: In Denial-I think!

Carry on then!
It would be so much nicer to just shut the door on it all wouldn`t it!

Are you flying tomorrow or just leaving house? We leave house thurs pm but fly following Tuesdayvia japan. Added complication is packing for Japan as it will be v. cold there!.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:16 pm
Caroline

Been here a week and all memories of horrendous packing adventure a distant memory. Mind you if anyone opens the loft, they'll have loads of stuff fall on their heads.
Brisbane is great, but don't believe the Hellmans propaganda. Not a jar to be found anywhere -
Caroline
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Welcome to Oz. Guess yoyu finally finished packing. We arrived yesterday after a week in Japan visiting friends. I`m so glad we had the week between one life and the next as I felt emotionally drained the last few days at home. I still keep thinking of things and wondering if they were packed or what happened to them. Guess that`ll wear off as a whole new set of things to think about arise.
Have yoyu found somewher to live yet?
I`ve had so many e-mails from friends telling me about t6he storms in England -and it feels somewhat decadent sitting on the beach in January.
Good luck with the setting up- d enjoy the sun!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:00 am
Caroline

Hallo!
We have found a nice rental in Greenslopes - arranged from the U.K. so a bit of a risk - but paid off and getting settled - Big party house but very few mates so rattling around a bit!!
done medicare, driving licences, library membership (but no phone/ internet access - have to wait until Wednesday for that)
Enjoying Brisbane - have had 2 weeks here already, but have to start work tomorrow so party may be over...
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:15 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caroline B
Brisbane is great, but don't believe the Hellmans propaganda. Not a jar to be found anywhere -
Caroline
It's not called Hellmans here. It's called "Real Mayonnaise" and you'll find it in Coles for about $4.59 or thereabouts. Tis the real mccoy, they just brand it differently for the Aussie market
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Caroline B
Hallo!
We have found a nice rental in Greenslopes - arranged from the U.K. so a bit of a risk - but paid off and getting settled - Big party house but very few mates so rattling around a bit!!
done medicare, driving licences, library membership (but no phone/ internet access - have to wait until Wednesday for that)
Enjoying Brisbane - have had 2 weeks here already, but have to start work tomorrow so party may be over...
Its all quite exciting. We`re lucky as we can stay at MILs-and she waits on us hand and foot(!) if I let her(!!). However all good things come to an end this w/end as she lives too far away from OHs work so we are g
hoping to have a rental up & running by then. None of our stuff has arrived -so we will be living like refugees for a while. Children are jittery as they are getting sch. uniforms tomorrow and have had cards from friends at their old schools. This has made thenm realise we are not on holiday-this is for real.
What Im most looking forward to his getting my computor set up with broadband.Currently Im using a laptop/dial up.Its sooo slow.............
Did you arrange a job from UK? Hope it all goes well.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:43 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
It's not called Hellmans here. It's called "Real Mayonnaise" and you'll find it in Coles for about $4.59 or thereabouts. Tis the real mccoy, they just brand it differently for the Aussie market
Don't want this to end up another mayonnaise thread ...but you can also get Hellmans Mayonnaise in some Coles ...I've bought it there....imported.

That is the last thing I have to say ...except, to all those sitting there with cupboards full, and packers banging on the door - it is worth it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.