British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Demerit Points while still driving on UK licence (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/demerit-points-while-still-driving-uk-licence-523166/)

The McPhilimeys Mar 20th 2008 11:19 am

Demerit Points while still driving on UK licence

Hi,

Hubby was stopped by police today for his passenger (new workmate he was just giving lift to) for not having seatbelt on..

He has been given traffic infringement notice, $500 fine, but he is still driving on UK licence and has another month till need to get aussie one.

He is going to pay fine, but what are his chances of avoiding the demerit points, double demerit today, so he could get 8 points for doing someone a favour. They have not put any demerit points on the notice, but law is 4 for driver, double today, so 8!

Will they be able to trace the points as notice has UK Licence wrote in the drivers licence number part??

Any help appreciated and hubby very very pissed off at moment...

Jo

EvannTel Mar 20th 2008 11:34 am

Re: Demerit Points while still driving on UK licence

I honestly dont know but when I got nicked years ago driving on UK licence within the 3 month limit, they insisted I got ad Aus licence - so I did - brand new with 3 points on it.

If he sticks to the UK storu I suspect he cant get points as I dnt hink Aus can endorse a UK licence.

biggy Mar 20th 2008 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by The McPhilimeys (Post 6088418)
Hi,

Hubby was stopped by police today for his passenger (new workmate he was just giving lift to) for not having seatbelt on..

He has been given traffic infringement notice, $500 fine, but he is still driving on UK licence and has another month till need to get aussie one.

He is going to pay fine, but what are his chances of avoiding the demerit points, double demerit today, so he could get 8 points for doing someone a favour. They have not put any demerit points on the notice, but law is 4 for driver, double today, so 8!

Will they be able to trace the points as notice has UK Licence wrote in the drivers licence number part??

Any help appreciated and hubby very very pissed off at moment...

Jo

why is it double today....it usualy starts Good Friday to easter Monday...and he shouldnt be held responsible for an adult not wearing his seatbelt...I may be wrong but I would check it out

bridie Mar 20th 2008 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by biggy (Post 6088654)
why is it double today....it usualy starts Good Friday to easter Monday...and he shouldnt be held responsible for an adult not wearing his seatbelt...I may be wrong but I would check it out

started midnight weds here - still doesnt stop the nutters though, had one practically in our boot all the wal home today, numbnut :thumbdown:

biggy Mar 20th 2008 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by bridie (Post 6088701)
started midnight weds here - still doesnt stop the nutters though, had one practically in our boot all the wal home today, numbnut :thumbdown:

ohhhh didnt know that...I did get my first ever breath test today and also got praised for my courteous driving around town which the copper had noticed...didnt beleive I had only been driving since dec.....oh and I picked up my old(19 years) mazda 323 shes a beaut