Wikiposts

Decorating

Old Dec 19th 2013, 9:31 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decorating

The Christmas kind...trees that is.

I have just had the fairies in to rearrange the tree that ROMFT and Little Miss decorated last week after looking at it all week and twitching because it was just NOT right. It is now evenly decorated with a single decoration on a single branch No doubling up should be allowed in my book. And strictly no tinsel (although I have allowed it on the kid's tree in the dining room)

ROMFT has had a complete change of heart. From being a complete bah humbug scrooge, he even suggested a 3rd tree the other week And he has done most of the present buying this year

I am quite surprised at how low key the decorations seem to be this year in our area, although we've not made it to Lobethal yet.

Any lovely decs in your area?
Old Dec 19th 2013, 9:39 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decorating

Originally Posted by rasen78

I have just had the fairies in to rearrange the tree that ROMFT and Little Miss decorated last week after looking at it all week and twitching because it was just NOT right. It is now evenly decorated with a single decoration on a single branch No doubling up should be allowed in my book. And strictly no tinsel (although I have allowed it on the kid's tree in the dining room)

ROMFT has had a complete change of heart. From being a complete bah humbug scrooge, he even suggested a 3rd tree the other week And he has done most of the present buying this year

I am quite surprised at how low key the decorations seem to be this year in our area, although we've not made it to Lobethal yet.

There's the odd nice house out our way - and one street has decorated the trees lining the road

We only have the one tree - decorated by the young spark with help from his big sis and nephew. We also decorated the front door and post box but no garden decs
Old Dec 19th 2013, 9:51 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

It is now evenly decorated with a single decoration on a single branch No doubling up should be allowed in my book. And strictly no tinsel

I was kind of forced into putting up a tree, despite not actually being here at Christmas, by the houses I drove past when dark; picked out in lights on the roofs, walls, solar panels, trees, everywhere. Not all of them, but enough.

Decoration is an artistic endeavour. Put the decorations where you think they belong - and plenty of tinsel. A tree without tinsel is like a fat woman is jogging pants - in theory it's allowed, but nobody wants to look at it.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 12:39 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
A tree without tinsel is like a fat woman is jogging pants - in theory it's allowed, but nobody wants to look at it.
my tree doesn't have any tinsel and it's very tastefully and beautifully decorated, just lots of baubles and lots of lights.

I hate tinsel the whole house would be covered in it when I was a kid it'd be wrapped around the fireplace pictures, mirrors, the stairs, windows, doors and hung from the ceiling along with those dangly bell things!
Old Dec 20th 2013, 9:08 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
I was kind of forced into putting up a tree, despite not actually being here at Christmas, by the houses I drove past when dark; picked out in lights on the roofs, walls, solar panels, trees, everywhere. Not all of them, but enough.

Decoration is an artistic endeavour. Put the decorations where you think they belong - and plenty of tinsel. A tree without tinsel is like a fat woman is jogging pants - in theory it's allowed, but nobody wants to look at it.
My tree is now tastefully decorated with gentle twinkling lights and a plethora of tasteful baubles and decorations. Tinsel is the devil's work, creating mess and static which leads to a grumpy, frizzy and highly charged Rasen. Not a good look
Old Dec 20th 2013, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

My tree is now tastefully decorated with gentle twinkling lights and a plethora of tasteful baubles and decorations. Tinsel is the devil's work, creating mess and static which leads to a grumpy, frizzy and highly charged Rasen. Not a good look
now you mention it, tinsel is rubbish...
I need a new set of lights the one set working is not enough..
Old Dec 20th 2013, 10:29 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

What the... ? Tinsel rules... loads of it. Our tree has very little visible green because of the tinsel and lights (3 sets, one tree) and baubles... most about ten cm from each other... it is a Griswalds delight (but not as tall!)
Old Dec 20th 2013, 10:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Tinsel and lametta. Loads of it & more.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't even got any decorations out, as I've been on holiday, and now have too much work to do washing, cleaning, cooking etc... I sent OH out shopping today while I did 5 loads of washing.

Might get DD to do the tree tomorrow, as she hasn't got any studying excuses....or should I get her to do her room? Bet the jetlag kicks in!
Old Dec 20th 2013, 10:12 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

Originally Posted by BEVS
Tinsel and lametta. Loads of it & more.
OMG are you trying to KILL me? Static city for me
Old Dec 21st 2013, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Too many cats for anything other than LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of tinsel...and a few plastic baubles....

Spent way too long lusting after the half price vilroy and Boche decs this arvo in David jones.... Just not practical this year
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:45 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

tinsel tree is the best!

we have loads of brightly lit houses in our street, sadly our rental has no outside electrical socket and I don't think I could sleep if we had an open window for the cables. So no outside twinkly lights for us just the solar lights on the door wreath.