Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A decent cup of Tea, How English!!!

A decent cup of Tea, How English!!!

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all
Default A decent cup of Tea, How English!!!

I know I sound like an old fart, but isn't the tea here absolutely pants?

We have a cupboard full of half used boxes, before giving up and going on a british tea bag hunt. We have now tracked down a shop that sells PG Tips Pyramid tea bags! But horror of all horrors when we went to restock on Saturday, they had sold out. We have three bags left for a whole week, I know how sad, but there's nothing like a good cuppa! And Aussie tea is nothing like a good cuppa.

Has anyone found any PG Tips substitutes or any big stockists of PG Tips in Brisbane?

Parched of Ferny Hills!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:26 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A decent cup of Tea, How English!!!

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen

We have a cupboard full of half used boxes, before giving up and going on a british tea bag hunt. We have now tracked down a shop that sells PG Tips Pyramid tea bags! But horror of all horrors when we went to restock on Saturday, they had sold out. We have three bags left for a whole week, I know how sad, but there's nothing like a good cuppa! And Aussie tea is nothing like a good cuppa.

Has anyone found any PG Tips substitutes or any big stockists of PG Tips in Brisbane?

I have no problems with Tetley.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

and Twinings is on sale everywhere- one of the UK's major exports even though it is only blended there.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

yep, Twinnings english breakfast tea, my fav and you can get it in most large supermarkets

I love my cuppa!!!!!

Jacqui
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:40 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Can't stand tea - but the missus couldn't get by without a decent cuppa - so she was very grateful to discover that they sell nice strong Yorkshire tea in the treat factory just down the road.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Most Coles sell PG from the UK.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:52 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure where you are but try this place:

http://www.theteacentre.com.au/

It was posted a few months ago and is a place on my list waiting to be visited.

They do both strong English Breakfast and a slightly stonger Irish Breakfast.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Thanks for all your suggestions. Most helpful.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:06 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your suggestions. Most helpful.
You're welcome.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
Can't stand tea - but the missus couldn't get by without a decent cuppa - so she was very grateful to discover that they sell nice strong Yorkshire tea in the treat factory just down the road.
WHERE can I get Yorkshire Tea Hutch???? I'm on Tetleys after a week of Liptons (yuck)... Tetleys is ok but not as good as Yorkshire!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Originally Posted by homewardbound
WHERE can I get Yorkshire Tea Hutch???? I'm on Tetleys after a week of Liptons (yuck)... Tetleys is ok but not as good as Yorkshire!
They have Yorkshire Tea (the world's finest tea ;-) here in Perth
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:13 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Tetley's but it has to be the round bags

The other Tetleys tastes like cats piss
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:30 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Tetley's but it has to be the round bags

The other Tetleys tastes like cats piss
We like Dilmah, which we reckon is as strong as Yorkshire Tea. Definitely in the "decent" bracket.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jamiem
They have Yorkshire Tea (the world's finest tea ;-) here in Perth
I just love 'Lancashire Tea'...lovely and strong
But I really love PG Tips which I could once buy in Coles but they don't have it any more ...well not the nearest big Coles near us
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I just love 'Lancashire Tea'...lovely and strong
But I really love PG Tips which I could once buy in Coles but they don't have it any more ...well not the nearest big Coles near us
I actually don't mind Dilmah at all, or Liptons. -But being from Yorkshire I can make fantastic tea out of any tea bag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.