Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Death at Sainsburys is this true

Death at Sainsburys is this true

Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death at Sainsburys is this true

Originally Posted by bcworld
The victim died shortly later, the other guy was completely let off, of both murder & manslaughter because the judge said it was an accident (in other word he didn't intend to kill hm)!
Yes, they have/had a very stupid law in QLD that if you killed someone accidentally, then its not your fault.

As in: I only punched him in the head full force to make a point, but he died

Therefore not guilty of anything above assault.

But its happened too many times now that they're changing the laws.

The one I remember recently is the guy beating his girlfriend to death with a wheel spanner. And he claimed it was provoked by her because she was sleeping around, and he didn't mean to kill her, and so... not guilty of murder or manslaughter

There was uproar about that one.

JTL
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:54 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Yes, they have/had a very stupid law in QLD that if you killed someone accidentally, then its not your fault.

As in: I only punched him in the head full force to make a point, but he died

Therefore not guilty of anything above assault.

But its happened too many times now that they're changing the laws.

The one I remember recently is the guy beating his girlfriend to death with a wheel spanner. And he claimed it was provoked by her because she was sleeping around, and he didn't mean to kill her, and so... not guilty of murder or manslaughter

There was uproar about that one.

JTL
I thought manslaughter WAS killing by accident?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 2:22 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
The plod picked up the murderer suspects girlfriend and charged her with murder as well:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ers-death.html
I'm glad abou this.
She is just as responsible if she called her violent partner in to deal with a situation knowing what he was like.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 2:24 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
I thought manslaughter WAS killing by accident?
Yes - It's when the intent to kill isn't there but actions result in a persons death.

I would have thought this was applicable in the brisbane case. You don't punch someone by accident do you?

Edit : just read JTL's post. Is this law the same throughout Australia? It's unbelievable
Old Jun 14th 2008, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

David Hookes got killed like this, after being out drinking with the Aussie Cricket team. There was an altercation outside a nightclub and bouncers followed him down the road. One punch he hit his head on the pavement and that was that. The perpetrator was found not guilty of Manslaughter.

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of this incident here.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...562902848.html

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 14th 2008 at 8:55 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:04 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Assegai
Death at Sainsburys is this true???

Man in the pub feeling very downharted, The barman asks whats wrong?

" Its my wife I think she's having an affair ". So the barman asks well what are you going to do about it?

" I would love to kill the bitch, but I wouldnt want to do the time, if I got caught "

So the barman suggests he talk to Artie, a rough looking musclehead with tattos and piercings. After explaining his problem with Artie, the solution is found, Artie will kill his wife and because Artie hates women so much, he agrees to do the job for just one pound.

So the arangement is made, Artie will kill the mans wife next Saturday morning at Sainsburys, when she is doing the weekly shop.

So Saturday arrives and the man rings Artie to make sure he's in place and to tell Artie, that his wife is 35yrs, 5ft 6",blonde hair, and is wearing a light blue tracksuit.

So Artie gets into position is some bushes in Sainsbury's Carpark and waits, soon after he see's a woman leaving the store pushing a trolley, and she matches the description given. So without delay he creeps up behind her, drags her into the bushes and strangles her to death.

Just as he thought the job was done he sees another woman, wearing a similar tracksuit and with similar hair, age, etc. Fearing he has killed the wrong woman, Artie grabs this woman to, and she meets the same fate as the first.

Sadly for Artie he doesnt make it to far before being caught by the police, and arrested for double murder.

So as you can imagine, the two killings hit all the local and national papers next morning with all the front pages covered with the gruesom details, one paper simply had the following headline.

" Artie Chokes, Two for a Pound at Sainsburys "
There's a time and a place for cheap gags! Prat!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:34 pm
Banned

Assegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
There's a time and a place for cheap gags! Prat!
Oh lighten up, it was a clean and funny joke.

My post was a lot more entertaining than the other boring crap that's been posted on here like copy and paste sh*t from the newspapers zzzzzzzzz and people asking when is manslaughter not manslaughter zzzzzzz? When it's committed by a woman . Does that appeal more to your sense of humour...or haven't you got one?

What was the point of this thread anyway? Some poor bloke came a cropper in Sainsburys. Sadly senseless killings happen every day of the week in the UK but for most of us life goes on.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:55 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Yes - It's when the intent to kill isn't there but actions result in a persons death.

I would have thought this was applicable in the brisbane case. You don't punch someone by accident do you?

Edit : just read JTL's post. Is this law the same throughout Australia? It's unbelievable
Sadly manslaughter is the new murder. People get routinely let off for "one punch" deaths here virtually daily because "the person was killed by hitting their head on the floor, not the punch".

There was a bloke in Perth who only got 10 years last week for beating a toddler to death.

When I was a youth, if you accidentally killed someone in a fight, it was murder.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:47 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Cut backs on police services ect has helped Britain go further down the toilet,thats why i left its a $hithole that panders to the filth it lets in.

Will the last one out please switch off the light.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido
Cut backs on police services ect has helped Britain go further down the toilet,thats why i left its a $hithole that panders to the filth it lets in.

So how do you explain these things when they happen in Australia.....is it the same reasons?
Old Jun 15th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
So how do you explain these things when they happen in Australia.....is it the same reasons?
Exactly. It's obviously that much of a problem in Qld they have a "One Punch Can Kill" campaign that's been running for the past few months:
http://www.onepunchcankill.com.au/home.html
Old Jun 15th 2008, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Sadly manslaughter is the new murder. People get routinely let off for "one punch" deaths here virtually daily because "the person was killed by hitting their head on the floor, not the punch".

There was a bloke in Perth who only got 10 years last week for beating a toddler to death.

When I was a youth, if you accidentally killed someone in a fight, it was murder.
I've remembered the law they are changing in QLD. Its the 'Heat of passion' defence. Up until last year you could kill someone, and claim it was done in the heat of passion e.g. if you walked in on your wife having sex with another man, you could kill him, and it wouldn't be murder.

But waaay too many people were getting off murder charges with like 5 year sentences for manslaughter, and the final straw was that guy who beat his girlfriend to death with a spanner because she was taunting him about affairs she had had. He claimed 'heat of passion' and got a manslughter conviction of less than 10 years. For beating a young girl to death!

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Jun 15th 2008 at 2:12 am.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 7:20 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Assegai
Oh lighten up, it was a clean and funny joke.

My post was a lot more entertaining than the other boring crap that's been posted on here like copy and paste sh*t from the newspapers zzzzzzzzz and people asking when is manslaughter not manslaughter zzzzzzz? When it's committed by a woman . Does that appeal more to your sense of humour...or haven't you got one?

What was the point of this thread anyway? Some poor bloke came a cropper in Sainsburys. Sadly senseless killings happen every day of the week in the UK but for most of us life goes on.
You're full of shit mate and, according to my Karma, a bit of a cock as well!
Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:21 am
Banned

Assegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
You're full of shit mate and, according to my Karma, a bit of a cock as well!
shit...karma...never trust anyone's judgement who believes in that spiritualist, new-age nonsense.

Last edited by Assegai; Jun 15th 2008 at 11:25 am.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:41 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I've remembered the law they are changing in QLD. Its the 'Heat of passion' defence.
Also known as the provocation defence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.