Wikiposts

Dealing With Stress

Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Dealing With Stress

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
My hair doesnt fall out on its own accord i tend to rip it out..

I dunno how to deal with it cos i cant deal with it..

Never knew it was so easy to be surrounded by loads of people but still feel totally on ya own.

Good luck and if you have any tips let me know.

Nickie
Families born in 3rd world countries would give their right arms to be given a chance to feel the stresses of emmigrating to Australia,

We dont know how lucky we are.....
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:36 am
I'd rather be climbing

mkargo is on a distinguished road

I have eczema which gets worse when I'm stressed so I've ended up with a few coping strategies: lots of fruit and veggies (a good diet always helps - comfort food leaves me feeling worse later), plenty of trips to the climbing wall (a physical challenge helps take my mind off things), and long walks on my own in the hills. I've been known to go awol with a tent for a few days - no route plan, no communication, just see where I end up.

When I get really stressed and angry about something, I switch on the amp, plug in the axe and let rip. :curse: (Only when the neighbours are out though - don't want to pass on the stress to someone else!!!)
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Without boring you with details, I'm finding that I'm increasingly stressed out and anxious most of the time. I've got a few things on my plate but nothing more than most folk I guess but its doing my head in worrying so much and its starting to giove me health problems, not least my hair falling out! I know from most of the posts on here that there are people that have 100 times more to manahe so how do you deal with the stress!!!
Put on your trainers, look at your watch and open the front door, keep walking for half an hour and then turn and walk back home. Tell me you don't feel less stressed after that!

Keep your chin up, we all find it hard, good luck.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:08 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

I go in fits and starts. I'm quite wound up at the mo as well.

Started cycling again to work, 22 miles each way which I think is helping with thinking time.

I need to chill, not fair on my nearest and dearest.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:15 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe this was the top thread when I logged on!

I have been extremely stressed in my job for a long time now. I have finally decided to do something positive about it and have just written my resignation letter.
It may bring more stress if my house sale falls through and there's still a mortgage to pay but OH has been really supportive and said we'll manage somehow.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jonsparx
Families born in 3rd world countries would give their right arms to be given a chance to feel the stresses of emmigrating to Australia,

We dont know how lucky we are.....
Not everyones stress is associated purely with emigrating to Australia.

Nickie
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
I know from most of the posts on here that there are people that have 100 times more to manahe so how do you deal with the stress!!!
Its not that some people cope with, or manage, stress better, its that they don't get stressed about things in the first place to have to cope it.

They generally accept that there are some things beyond there control which they can have no influence over, and other aspects which they do. There's no point worrying about things (interest rates, exchange rates, house prices etc . . the list is endless for those migrating) you have no control over, because they are beyond your control, and alternately, there's no point worrying about those things you do have control over, because you've got them under control.

Ommmmm.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:46 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Treat yourself to regular deep tissue massages - preferably with the masseuse coming to your home and doing it there then you don't have to get up and drive anywhere afterwards.

Works a treat for me. Don't hit the booze, it'll make things worse, regardless of the number of alcoholics there appear to be on this forum.
Oi!!!! i resemble that remark

Nev