De Facto Break up

Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De Facto Break up

You need to speak to an agent. Technically your visa is at risk as soon as the relationship breaks down.PR can be granted anyway in a few circumstances such as domestic violence, but you need professional advice asap.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Andy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Yep
Think that is the way, but is anyone aware of other ways that I my be able to stay?

Cheers
A
Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:48 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy 72
Think that is the way, but is anyone aware of other ways that I my be able to stay?

Cheers
A

Tell immigration that she beat you up......

ZX....
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Andy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Tell immigration that she beat you up......

ZX....
Dont think so!! Please anyone have any real answers!!

Cheers peps here is hoping.

What if we split and she still sponsors me is there an interview for PR anyone aware of the process.??

Last edited by Andy 72; Jul 1st 2006 at 2:55 am.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:53 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Just give her what she needs for as long as necessary and then shack up with her sister once PR comes through.
Even better, her mum, that'll really see her off! Jobs a fish.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Dont think so!! Please anyone have any real answers!!

Cheers peps here is hoping.

What if we split and she still sponsors me is there an interview for PR any aware of the process.??
If you split up you must notify DIMA of the change in circumstance. Otherwise you are in the country illegally. If you split and she still sponsors you, then you will both be lying on your permanent resident visa application. If it is later discovered, you could, and probably would, have your visa cancelled and be deported. She could be in legal trouble for lying for you. She is signing a statutory declaration to the effect that your relationship it genuine and ongoing.
See a MARA registered agent and discuss your options. Once your relationship breaks down, you really don't have a lot of options.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 3:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dotnron
If you split up you must notify DIMA of the change in circumstance. Otherwise you are in the country illegally. If you split and she still sponsors you, then you will both be lying on your permanent resident visa application. If it is later discovered, you could, and probably would, have your visa cancelled and be deported. She could be in legal trouble for lying for you. She is signing a statutory declaration to the effect that your relationship it genuine and ongoing.
See a MARA registered agent and discuss your options. Once your relationship breaks down, you really don't have a lot of options.
Plan B then!! SORT OUT OUR RELATIONSHIP!
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:30 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah aussie's werent stupid when the de facto visa was setup

My advice ..............

Find another aussie sheila to sponsor you
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rapitts
yeah aussie's werent stupid when the de facto visa was setup

My advice ..............

Find another aussie sheila to sponsor you

I can not do that if Iam already in a De Facto with one already!! If it was that easy.

IS ANYONE AWARE OF WHAT THE NORMALLY PROCEDURE IS RE INTERVIEWS AND ALL THE TECH STUFF!! DO THEY SOMETIMES AWARD PR WITHOUT INTERVIEW? HOW MANY INTERVIEWS...... BLUR BLUR BLUR AGAIN ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 7:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I can not do that if Iam already in a De Facto with one already!! If it was that easy.

IS ANYONE AWARE OF WHAT THE NORMALLY PROCEDURE IS RE INTERVIEWS AND ALL THE TECH STUFF!! DO THEY SOMETIMES AWARD PR WITHOUT INTERVIEW? HOW MANY INTERVIEWS...... BLUR BLUR BLUR AGAIN ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!
They may award PR without an interview, but not always. You have to make a legal statement to say that you are in an ongoing relationship, and you need Stat Decs from friends/family as well. Are you going to ask them to lie as well??? You also need bills etc as proof of the relationship.
As dotnron has already said, if DIMA discover you are lying, they can deport you, even AFTER the grant of PR. They can also charge your partner, and anyone else who lied, with an offence under the Immigration Act.

Oh, and DIMA read this website too.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully they're reading it now
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:31 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Oh, and DIMA read this website too.

Really? Blimey, no wonder the visas take so long!

GET OFF THE INTERNET DIMIA AND GET THE VISA'S PROCESSED!

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:41 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

It definately looks like your next phone call should be to a MARA registered migration agent to find out what your legal options are. Don't try and do anything illegal - you sound like a nice guy who's perfectly able of making it without resorting to lying and cheating.

Could your employer not sponsor you? You might you're eligible for skilled independant but that you might have to come home for a while whilst it's processed. This might not be such a bad thing really - you could propably do with family and friends' support at home if your relationship ends.

I really hope it works out for you, residency wise, and relationship wise (whatever the outcome).

Keep us posted, it will be interesting to read what you're advised.

Gill
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: De Facto Break up

Originally Posted by herrchook
It definately looks like your next phone call should be to a MARA registered migration agent to find out what your legal options are. Don't try and do anything illegal - you sound like a nice guy who's perfectly able of making it without resorting to lying and cheating.

Could your employer not sponsor you? You might you're eligible for skilled independant but that you might have to come home for a while whilst it's processed. This might not be such a bad thing really - you could propably do with family and friends' support at home if your relationship ends.

I really hope it works out for you, residency wise, and relationship wise (whatever the outcome).

Keep us posted, it will be interesting to read what you're advised.

Gill

Thanks for all the advise!! As I said probably best to sort out our diefferences and start enjoying life and each other. Watch this space.. It has been good talking to you all, SO great some not so great comments...

Cheers guys and lets not forget the girls.. I will invite you all to the wedding.

Only a few of you hand negative things to say but I repect you also for that, You are entitled to your views.
Cheers
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:12 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, new to this site and looking for help. I am English and my Girlfriend is Australian, we have been living together in Australia on a De facto Visa for the past 13 months. Our relationship is very rocky and I fear that it is coming to an end. I am in full time employment and have been for 9 months as a contractor. My question to anyone is, if we break up is there anyway that I can stay in Australia for good. I love my work and so much about this place. I fear that as I am hear on a De Facto Visa, on splitting I will have to return to the U.K. I am aware that my residency application will be looked at towards the end of 2006. Is there anything I can do??

Please help? Is it worth seeking Legal advise.

Many thanks for any advise

Andy..
Is her mother smart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.