Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dangerous Australian Animals

Wikiposts

Dangerous Australian Animals

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:55 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dangerous Australian Animals

I started off this thread, with the intent of listing all the dangerous australian animals....after 15mins I realised, there are sh*tloads!!!

So, heres a video instead to re-assure folks coming over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE_k4soD2t8

This animal didn't quite make my original list, but I like the description of this clip!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnJUWwSx1kE&NR=1
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:21 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dangerous Australian Animals

Originally Posted by markallwood
I started off this thread, with the intent of listing all the dangerous australian animals....after 15mins I realised, there are sh*tloads!!!

This animal didn't quite make my original list, but I like the description of this clip!
When I saw the thread title I instantly thought of BobbyFTM!!! (on a saturday night in't Frog & Trumpet)!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:47 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Prefer this version:
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:38 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

excellent.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:41 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure I read somewhere the deadliest animal in Oz, is the bloody EMU or Casowary ( cant remember which, i think its the latter )

Kills more ppl than any other

Something to do with its Claw !
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
When I saw the thread title I instantly thought of BobbyFTM!!! (on a saturday night in't Frog & Trumpet)!!!
HMMMMPH! I ' ll have you know i have an unblemished reputation hey !
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:12 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Fabulous video. I've now added it to my blod for all my future overseas visitors to see!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:33 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Im sure I read somewhere the deadliest animal in Oz, is the bloody EMU or Casowary ( cant remember which, i think its the latter )

Cassowary, not only the claws, but also the large bit of bone protuding from its head. It can be razorsharp in some cases.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:15 am
Account Open

Me and the mrs came face to face with a cassowary in the atherton tablelands, about 3yrs ago now. We were walking along a path in a dense forest, and it was walking around in a ditch just metres from us...amazing to see. It was about 5 feet tall. We had just been reading a sign in the carpark, warning people about cassowaries. The sign said "never turn your back and run from a cassowary".

Anyway, 20mins later on our way back, the damned thing was standing in the path, blocking our way out of the forest !! As you can imagine, we were crapping ourselves. The undergrowth was quite thick, so we had to very carefully edge our way around it...All the while, it was facing us, looking ready to attack.

Well, what did my wife and her friend do as soon as they got around it (and whilst i was next to it?!!) - yep, they gradually picked up speed, turned their backs and started running !! They were practically inviting it to give chase. They looked like a pair of bloody matadors. Fortunately for everyone, this cassowary didn't raise an eyebrow, and let me pass.

Then to add more comedy to the day - we were attacked by a bush turkey on our way to the car. It was still chasing us whilst we drove off!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:02 pm

Me and the mrs came face to face with a cassowary in the atherton tablelands, about 3yrs ago now. We were walking along a path in a dense forest, and it was walking around in a ditch just metres from us...amazing to see. It was about 5 feet tall. We had just been reading a sign in the carpark, warning people about cassowaries. The sign said "never turn your back and run from a cassowary".

Anyway, 20mins later on our way back, the damned thing was standing in the path, blocking our way out of the forest !! As you can imagine, we were crapping ourselves. The undergrowth was quite thick, so we had to very carefully edge our way around it...All the while, it was facing us, looking ready to attack.

Well, what did my wife and her friend do as soon as they got around it (and whilst i was next to it?!!) - yep, they gradually picked up speed, turned their backs and started running !! They were practically inviting it to give chase. They looked like a pair of bloody matadors. Fortunately for everyone, this cassowary didn't raise an eyebrow, and let me pass.

Then to add more comedy to the day - we were attacked by a bush turkey on our way to the car. It was still chasing us whilst we drove off!!!
So you probably share our philosophy of Aussie wildlife then:?

1: If it moves - run!!!
2: If it chases you - stop and kick the crap out of it!!!

Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

You can tell they've spent some time in Britain can't you. I try to keep a sense of humour about it but I have my moments of getting SO SICK of people trying to tell me what a horrible dangerous country I come from when they obviously have no idea. They're just jealous I guess that not only do I have sunshine, but neither am I afraid of silly things that will stop me from having fun! Sometimes I feel like they think I come from the Amazon.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:45 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

is that the one that can disembowel you with a claw on the back of it's foot?
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

Yeah looks kinda like an emu but it's got a funny looking lump on it's head like a block of wood. Was watching Stevo (Irwin) play with one on the telly the other day, so aggressive!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:32 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

watch this, its wierd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrBqE...eature=related

cassowary attack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOPVVdg8noc

Last edited by The O'Neills; Jan 25th 2008 at 4:35 am.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
watch this, its wierd

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrBqEslJgQg&feature=related[/url
Awesome clip!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.