British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Currambine Indian (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/currambine-indian-560842/)

Ransi Sep 11th 2008 5:00 am

Currambine Indian

Anyone tried it yet?

northernbird Sep 11th 2008 5:16 am

Re: Currambine Indian

Originally Posted by Ransi (Post 6771271)
Anyone tried it yet?

Smelt good the other night but haven't tried it yet. Go on be a devil and be the first and report back.

Mumfords Sep 11th 2008 6:32 am

as anyone tried the masala indian in clarkson??? just wondering what its like

Ann

Jackier Sep 11th 2008 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Mumfords (Post 6771387)

Ann

Masala's ok, my BIL swears by it, but we prefer the Red Turban in Joondalup (and they deliver to Carramar!)

Mumfords Sep 11th 2008 7:03 am

yes the red turban is very nice

Dorothy Sep 11th 2008 8:03 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 6771289)
Smelt good the other night but haven't tried it yet. Go on be a devil and be the first and report back.

I'll talk the old man into taking me there on the weekend and let you know. We tried to go to Masala one Friday but they couldn't fit us in, so ordered pizza instead.

sj oldfield Sep 11th 2008 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 6771611)
I'll talk the old man into taking me there on the weekend and let you know. We tried to go to Masala one Friday but they couldn't fit us in, so ordered pizza instead.

The best still has to be the one in Beaumaris!!
The Masala is ok, but dont think much of the Red Turban.

nickyjohnt Sep 11th 2008 10:51 am

The Masala is "ok" ,we had take away from there on Sat night. John had the Vindaloo and was expecting something really hot ! My 12 year old even had some so it wasnt quite what he was hoping for !
Lots of meat in the dishes , but something is missing from the flavour, but cant quite put my finger on it. :unsure:
The onion bargees ( sp :confused:) are the best we have had in Perth though !

Havent tried the Currumbine one yet, so will be interested in finding out what its like.

Is the new one in Mindarie keys open yet ? Was nearly ready when last there a couple of weeks ago.

Nicky

sj oldfield Sep 11th 2008 10:58 am

Havent tried the Currumbine one yet, so will be interested in finding out what its like.

Maybe we can try it eh Nicky??? Or are you goingto 'blow' us out!!!!:rofl:

nickyjohnt Sep 11th 2008 11:03 am

Originally Posted by sj oldfield (Post 6771904)

Maybe we can try it eh Nicky??? Or are you goingto 'blow' us out!!!!:rofl:

:D Sounds good to me ! Will sort something out !

Nicky

sj oldfield Sep 11th 2008 11:55 am

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt (Post 6771917)
:D Sounds good to me ! Will sort something out !

Nicky

Will keep you to that!

Ransi Sep 12th 2008 12:29 am

Well, stuck to what I know and had one from Beaumaris...

Not tried Masala, but Red Turban is shite IMO...

Will definitely try from Currambine at the weekend though and report back..:thumbup:

St.Georges Girl Sep 12th 2008 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Mumfords (Post 6771387)

Ann

We have, on a number of occasions and each time we've been very disappointed. Everything tastes the same, it's either too spicy or too bland.

Originally Posted by Jackier (Post 6771399)
Masala's ok, my BIL swears by it, but we prefer the Red Turban in Joondalup (and they deliver to Carramar!)

We've always found the Red Turban dishes to be too greasy.

Originally Posted by sj oldfield (Post 6771867)
The best still has to be the one in Beaumaris!!
The Masala is ok, but dont think much of the Red Turban.

We think The Shehnai in Beaumaris is the nicest for the meat and veg. dishes, but their Onion Bajhias look as though he's stamped on them before serving, the Pilau Rice looks like ashes and the Naan is tough as old boot leather. The choice is so minimal as well. The Kabalason does the best Naan IOP and probably the better Bahjias, but their meat and veg. dishes are full of Tomato or Spinach and look disgusting.

Three Legs Sep 12th 2008 7:41 am

All the said purveyors of curry in this thread are sh!te in my opinion and I've tried them all ...

Fortunately the Maya Masala will up the ante somewhat and the fact that I'm only a stone's throw a way makes it all the better.

Now if only I can get the Indie to reduce the price of their White beer I'd be laughing ...

By the way and on separate topic, kind of ... pub food:

The Boat is absolutely shocking.

philnorris Sep 12th 2008 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Ransi (Post 6774813)
Well, stuck to what I know and had one from Beaumaris...

Not tried Masala, but Red Turban is shite IMO...

I totally agree with you, me and Amanda went there once, I was thinking, shit my Indian food tastes better than this I should open my own restaurant. The rice wasnt very nice, the kema's seemed like the dry tescos own brand ones you get and the we couldnt tell the difference in taste between my curry and amanda's. Both should have had totally seperate tastes and spices but both tasted the same.

Never again.