Currambine Indian

Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Currambine Indian

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
We have, on a number of occasions and each time we've been very disappointed. Everything tastes the same, it's either too spicy or too bland.

We've always found the Red Turban dishes to be too greasy.

We think The Shehnai in Beaumaris is the nicest for the meat and veg. dishes, but their Onion Bajhias look as though he's stamped on them before serving, the Pilau Rice looks like ashes and the Naan is tough as old boot leather. The choice is so minimal as well. The Kabalason does the best Naan IOP and probably the better Bahjias, but their meat and veg. dishes are full of Tomato or Spinach and look disgusting.
You had better stick to fish and chips mate!!!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:04 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
You had better stick to fish and chips mate!!!!
Oh good God no, the chips are dreadful here. I make my own Indian food and do a lot better than any we've tasted most of the time too. I have a fool safe recipe for Onion Bhajia's if anyone is interested.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:07 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good God no, the chips are dreadful here. I make my own Indian food and do a lot better than any we've tasted most of the time too. I have a fool safe recipe for Onion Bhajia's if anyone is interested.
I make my own madras, it's much nicer than any we've had here.
My OH made some bhajias and somosa a few weeks ago, they were really good.
Wouldn't mind your recipe though to give them a try
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:15 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
All the said purveyors of curry in this thread are sh!te in my opinion and I've tried them all ...

Fortunately the Maya Masala will up the ante somewhat and the fact that I'm only a stone's throw a way makes it all the better.

Now if only I can get the Indie to reduce the price of their White beer I'd be laughing ...

By the way and on separate topic, kind of ... pub food:

The Boat is absolutely shocking.
I agree The Boat is shocking, but have you seriously tried all the Indian/Pakistani restaurants in WA?

Originally Posted by philnorris
I totally agree with you, me and Amanda went there once, I was thinking, shit my Indian food tastes better than this I should open my own restaurant. The rice wasnt very nice, the kema's seemed like the dry tescos own brand ones you get and the we couldnt tell the difference in taste between my curry and amanda's. Both should have had totally seperate tastes and spices but both tasted the same.

Never again.
The bloke that owns the Masala also owns the Koh-i-noor in Hepburn Heights and that was as bad, if not worse than the Masala!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Sounds good to me!!
Table for 4 please for next saturday at 8pm!!!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:05 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I agree The Boat is shocking, but have you seriously tried all the Indian/Pakistani restaurants in WA?

The bloke that owns the Masala also owns the Koh-i-noor in Hepburn Heights and that was as bad, if not worse than the Masala!
They do the best naans though... and daal is good from there... cant live on daal and bread though can I..
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:07 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up a menu earlier from the Currambine shop.... not much choice and v.expensive, so had a big box chicken treat for 8.95 instead, Im stuffed and I couldn't eat it all...
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:34 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Ransi
Picked up a menu earlier from the Currambine shop.... not much choice and v.expensive, so had a big box chicken treat for 8.95 instead, Im stuffed and I couldn't eat it all...
My son, his girlfriend and her parents had a take away on Friday night and weren't impressed. They said it was very expensive and the Butter Chicken was disgusting.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

My son, his girlfriend and her parents had a take away on Friday night and weren't impressed. They said it was very expensive and the Butter Chicken was disgusting.
So it looks like its back to Beaumaris then!!