Currambine Indian

Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:00 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Currambine Indian

Anyone tried it yet?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currambine Indian

Originally Posted by Ransi
Anyone tried it yet?
Smelt good the other night but haven't tried it yet. Go on be a devil and be the first and report back.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

as anyone tried the masala indian in clarkson??? just wondering what its like

Ann
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mumfords

Ann
Masala's ok, my BIL swears by it, but we prefer the Red Turban in Joondalup (and they deliver to Carramar!)
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

yes the red turban is very nice
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Smelt good the other night but haven't tried it yet. Go on be a devil and be the first and report back.
I'll talk the old man into taking me there on the weekend and let you know. We tried to go to Masala one Friday but they couldn't fit us in, so ordered pizza instead.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'll talk the old man into taking me there on the weekend and let you know. We tried to go to Masala one Friday but they couldn't fit us in, so ordered pizza instead.
The best still has to be the one in Beaumaris!!
The Masala is ok, but dont think much of the Red Turban.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

The Masala is "ok" ,we had take away from there on Sat night. John had the Vindaloo and was expecting something really hot ! My 12 year old even had some so it wasnt quite what he was hoping for !
Lots of meat in the dishes , but something is missing from the flavour, but cant quite put my finger on it.
The onion bargees ( sp ) are the best we have had in Perth though !

Havent tried the Currumbine one yet, so will be interested in finding out what its like.

Is the new one in Mindarie keys open yet ? Was nearly ready when last there a couple of weeks ago.

Nicky
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Havent tried the Currumbine one yet, so will be interested in finding out what its like.

Maybe we can try it eh Nicky??? Or are you goingto 'blow' us out!!!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

Maybe we can try it eh Nicky??? Or are you goingto 'blow' us out!!!!
Sounds good to me ! Will sort something out !

Nicky
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Sounds good to me ! Will sort something out !

Nicky

Will keep you to that!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:29 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Well, stuck to what I know and had one from Beaumaris...

Not tried Masala, but Red Turban is shite IMO...

Will definitely try from Currambine at the weekend though and report back..
Old Sep 12th 2008, 5:22 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mumfords

Ann
We have, on a number of occasions and each time we've been very disappointed. Everything tastes the same, it's either too spicy or too bland.

Originally Posted by Jackier
Masala's ok, my BIL swears by it, but we prefer the Red Turban in Joondalup (and they deliver to Carramar!)
We've always found the Red Turban dishes to be too greasy.

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
The best still has to be the one in Beaumaris!!
The Masala is ok, but dont think much of the Red Turban.
We think The Shehnai in Beaumaris is the nicest for the meat and veg. dishes, but their Onion Bajhias look as though he's stamped on them before serving, the Pilau Rice looks like ashes and the Naan is tough as old boot leather. The choice is so minimal as well. The Kabalason does the best Naan IOP and probably the better Bahjias, but their meat and veg. dishes are full of Tomato or Spinach and look disgusting.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

All the said purveyors of curry in this thread are sh!te in my opinion and I've tried them all ...

Fortunately the Maya Masala will up the ante somewhat and the fact that I'm only a stone's throw a way makes it all the better.

Now if only I can get the Indie to reduce the price of their White beer I'd be laughing ...

By the way and on separate topic, kind of ... pub food:

The Boat is absolutely shocking.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ransi
Well, stuck to what I know and had one from Beaumaris...

Not tried Masala, but Red Turban is shite IMO...

I totally agree with you, me and Amanda went there once, I was thinking, shit my Indian food tastes better than this I should open my own restaurant. The rice wasnt very nice, the kema's seemed like the dry tescos own brand ones you get and the we couldnt tell the difference in taste between my curry and amanda's. Both should have had totally seperate tastes and spices but both tasted the same.

Never again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.