Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cult TV programmes of old and even older.

Wikiposts

Cult TV programmes of old and even older.

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:09 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cult TV programmes of old and even older.

Originally Posted by rossifumi
The Herbs

The stuff of legends.
oooo yes I used to love the herbs, Sage the Owl was my favourite

I'm a rather feathery owl called sage... durum durum
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

What about Joe 90 sitting inside the big egg beater
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Cult TV programmes of old and even older.

Originally Posted by annqldau
That prison show with Googie Withers I think she was called I used to watch with my Gran...think it was called 'within these walls' and they didn't wobble like some other shows walls.

Soap with the crazy American family was brill my other half's family never watched anything like that so he used to come to our house to have cultured TV.

Bell and Sebastian for kids TV that dog got around... .
Soap thats not old is it?? No wait I've just realised OH NO I am that old it seems like yesterday
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Got most of Space 1999 on dvd, loved it as well as all the other Gerry & Sylvia Anderson productions. Recently got back into watching Captain Scarlet(abliet the new computerised version) on ABC2. Thinking about getting the full original set as well.

Used to hate "The Sweeney" when it was first on over here, but now regularly watch it on UKTV. And who could forget Skippy...
T T T TTTTTTT TTTT Whats that Skippy Timmy fell down the well??
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Any one remember the hair bear bunch?
Mandy
And I say OOOH OOOH Hear come the Bears
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Following on from this reply on songs that get stuck in your who remembers all those old cult TV programmes?

Vivid memories of childhood and Teddy Edwards running through the flowers to meet his pander friend... .

Tony Hancock did it for me,then Do not adjust your set.Batman with Adam West and Burt Ward was brilliant,still smile at the anti bat cardboard cut out pill.One show they were chasing the joker in the bat helicopter along the beach,the shot cut to 2 girls in bikinis throwing a beach ball to each other,then to the heroes striding purposefully along the beach in those brightly coloured costumes.Robin turns to B/man and says "tell me ,why did we have to land the helicopter away from the main beach Batman? Batman replies in that great deadpan voice and look "we don,t want to look conspicuous old chum".Still cracks me up.Then watching any John Wayne movie dubbed into german (after a few holstens),hilarious.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:38 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Did mention it earlier but not in full... Fantasy Island with the little guy don't think it would get off the cutting room floor now.

And the Tomorrow People they gave Dr. Who a run for his money. Wonder if you can still buy those nifty belts they had... .
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:16 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
What about Joe 90 sitting inside the big egg beater
I used to love Joe 90. The music was great too.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow People - I can't forget that old chestnut - time travel as far as I can recall - was the main theme of it - they used to 'jaunt' places by holding on to their belts.

wierd
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Did mention it earlier but not in full... Fantasy Island with the little guy don't think it would get off the cutting room floor now.

And the Tomorrow People they gave Dr. Who a run for his money. Wonder if you can still buy those nifty belts they had... .
wow someone else remembers them ....
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy
I remember that Deb.

It was called Paulus the Wood Gnome and the witch was called Eucalypta.
thanks for that Suzy, I knew someone would remember it
Old Jun 25th 2006, 4:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite used to be the Adventure Game, kids version of the crystal maze. Why Don't You was also another fave.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 6:22 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you was a Saturday morning Classic for sure. And was How a programme on it's own or part of Magpie?

Tomorrow People even have their own fan web site...

http://www.thetomorrowpeople.com/
Old Jun 25th 2006, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you was a Saturday morning Classic for sure. And was How a programme on it's own or part of Magpie?

Tomorrow People even have their own fan web site...

http://www.thetomorrowpeople.com/
loved How and magpie also the Partridge Family - cos I loved David Cassidy!
Old Jun 25th 2006, 6:38 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Definitely remember all of these!!

What about these too:

Paper Play
Play Away
Baba Papa (all change!!!)
Crystal Tips and Alastair
Roobarb and Custard (the real one, not the new fangled one on now)
Issi Noho
Rupert
And who can forget.....

Rent a Ghost!!!!!

I think I watched too much TV as a kid!!!

(PS I'm a 69 vintage myself)

My toes look like Baba papa and family :scared:

My favourite was "white horses" and "Champion the Wonder Horse"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.