Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cult TV programmes of old and even older.

Wikiposts

Cult TV programmes of old and even older.

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cult TV programmes of old and even older.

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Renta ghost loved that, Rupert had an obbsession with him had the books the toys you name it i had it.
Baba pappa.
Just a year younger
Mandy
We used to watch The Double deckers - my all time favourite (wish they had it on dvd)
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Just a year younger
Mandy

To be honest I only made it into 69 by a few days but I can still say I was born in the 60's!!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:53 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Definitely remember all of these!!

What about these too:

Paper Play
Play Away
Baba Papa (all change!!!)
Crystal Tips and Alastair
Roobarb and Custard (the real one, not the new fangled one on now)
Issi Noho
Rupert
And who can forget.....

Rent a Ghost!!!!!

I think I watched too much TV as a kid!!!

(PS I'm a 69 vintage myself)

I use to have the Rupert annuals.

And I loved the Moomins!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
To be honest I only made it into 69 by a few days but I can still say I was born in the 60's!!!!!

You hippy, that was what the 60's were known for , flower power and all that?.
Hubby was born in that year too. He says 69 a good vintage year
Mandy
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
It sounds odd - but there is a man, a robot and a crow ....comentating on really crap films...

They are sitting in a cinema.........like I say, it sounds odd, but really really funny - I've cried laughing while watching some...one of the best is when they were commentating about an awful Russian/Finnish film called Jack Frost.though I was going to wet myself

was that called the Ray something or other Theatre ? I loved it too. Also used to like round the twist
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone remember the one with a girl with a flower on her dress, and when she touched it she could make a wish or have I had too much

Talking about Captain Scarlet, how sad am I, but as a kid I actually used to fancy him my first crush

N
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:55 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Following on from this reply on songs that get stuck in your who remembers all those old cult TV programmes?

Vivid memories of childhood and Teddy Edwards running through the flowers to meet his pander friend... .

before my time
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:06 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Mr ben and Rainbow
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:07 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

The Herbs

"I'm a very friendly Lion called Parsley
I'm supposed to pull this rope and ring the bell
though I try to pull it gently never harshly
I'm afraid that I'm not doing very well"

I'm Dill the dog, I'm a dog called Dill
I'm rather small and furry
and I'm often in a hurry"

"I'm Dill the dog, I'm a dog called Dill
Though my tail I'd love to get
I have never caught it yet"

"I'm Bayleaf the Gardener
I work from early dawn
you'll find me sweeping up the leaves
and tidying the lawn"

Pashana Bedhi

The stuff of legends.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
The Herbs

The stuff of legends.

Blimey doesn't it make you feel old :scared: remember the little chives in school when they all had colds!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:41 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by curly
Blimey doesn't it make you feel old :scared: remember the little chives in school when they all had colds!!!!
ahem...yes I do.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:46 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Mystery Science Theatre 3000 ........absolutely hilarious
Absolute cracker
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tales of the Riverbank, was another one on 'Watch with Mother,' mind you I was never keen on it except when he got in his little boat
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Cult TV programmes of old and even older.

Originally Posted by annqldau
Following on from this reply on songs that get stuck in your who remembers all those old cult TV programmes?

Vivid memories of childhood and Teddy Edwards running through the flowers to meet his pander friend... .

Old TV Shows? MMMM!! Lemme see, Oh yes!!

Ghost Squad
77 Sunset Strip
No Hiding Place
Rawhide
Gunlaw
Lawman
Quatermass
Original Doctor Who's
Hawaiian Eye
Wagon train (as you can see I love westerns and cop shows lol)

Plus a whole lot more
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:40 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Cult TV programmes of old and even older.

That prison show with Googie Withers I think she was called I used to watch with my Gran...think it was called 'within these walls' and they didn't wobble like some other shows walls.

Soap with the crazy American family was brill my other half's family never watched anything like that so he used to come to our house to have cultured TV.

Bell and Sebastian for kids TV that dog got around... .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.