Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Criminal Corrupt Police

Wikiposts

Criminal Corrupt Police

Old Mar 8th 2013, 11:17 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal Corrupt Police

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I have always had respect for the Police, especially the Brits, and especially the Scottish Police.

Not had good or bad experiences with Aussie Police so far. Been stopped for RBT's is all, but blimey, you can't even have a joke.
Same here with the UK police, I have a lot of respect for them. Over here I find that more than 50% of the time they are aggressive for no good reason when they stop me for RBTs.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 11:20 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Same here with the UK police, I have a lot of respect for them. Over here I find that more than 50% of the time they are aggressive for no good reason when they stop me for RBTs.
it's true, I agree.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:37 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Growing up in the north of Ireland,i always found the protestant ooops i mean 'impartial' police force kindly and always very helpful to a poor wee fenian b'stard,ooops sorry again i was just remembering what they used to call me,so all in all they were firing live rounds,ooops i mean fine.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 8:04 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

You drove nude over there as well?
Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Growing up in the north of Ireland,i always found the protestant ooops i mean 'impartial' police force kindly and always very helpful to a poor wee fenian b'stard,ooops sorry again i was just remembering what they used to call me,so all in all they were firing live rounds,ooops i mean fine.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

It is always easy to throw your weight around knowing that you can pull out your gun/tazer and use it only a few times.

However, if you only have a batton, and decent training, you are more likely to negotiate a situation down first, for no other reason than self preservation.

Remember the history (and I am talking generally here)... in the UK, the enforcement authority was requested by the people, but in Australia, they were used to control the masses from the start. This principle of control/enforcement rather than protection still stands, as far as I can see.

In my experience, (cos I'm reasonably law abiding), Mr & Mrs average do not seem to appreciate the constant control on minor things, but recognise that some limitations have to apply. The general public get penalised and hence become alienated.

In modern Australia, the old tradition of having a healthy disregard for authority has been replaced by the requirement of almost total compliance to irritating and irrelevant petty rules - which you can see as an outsider, but the population at large seem to be unaware of.

Yet I still like it here - just goes to show how tolerant I am!!

TD
Old Mar 9th 2013, 11:09 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toe Dipper
It is always easy to throw your weight around knowing that you can pull out your gun/tazer and use it only a few times.

However, if you only have a batton, and decent training, you are more likely to negotiate a situation down first, for no other reason than self preservation.

Remember the history (and I am talking generally here)... in the UK, the enforcement authority was requested by the people, but in Australia, they were used to control the masses from the start. This principle of control/enforcement rather than protection still stands, as far as I can see.

In my experience, (cos I'm reasonably law abiding), Mr & Mrs average do not seem to appreciate the constant control on minor things, but recognise that some limitations have to apply. The general public get penalised and hence become alienated.

In modern Australia, the old tradition of having a healthy disregard for authority has been replaced by the requirement of almost total compliance to irritating and irrelevant petty rules - which you can see as an outsider, but the population at large seem to be unaware of.

Yet I still like it here - just goes to show how tolerant I am!!

TD

That's a very good analysis of the situation and it's origins.

As a law abiding citizen I don't appreciate aggressive behaviour from people who are supposed to be on my side.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
A minority of police commit crimes, are corrupt and bash the public.

The public wants protection. Law enforcement is one tool for that end. The police are public servants. Physical force is needed, but needs to be proportionate and the minimal necessary.

The police also need to obey the law if they are to uphold the law.

All true, however, every time a cop takes hold of someone or uses force, there will always be those that think he is being heavy handed, usually based on the fact that they have a limited appreciation of what has gone on and or, have absolutely no experience in dealing with aggressive/violent individuals

Equally, there will be those who view exactly the same incident, who will criticise that the police have not dealt with that violent person robustly enough.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Britain

Believe me, the British police are no more or less likely to behave in a thuggish manner, than their Australian counterparts
Old Mar 9th 2013, 10:18 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Dude had it coming to him. I think it shows the cops in a good light. If it had been me I'd have tazed him.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 3:02 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I personally had to deal with thuggish cops in London once