Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by Beoz
9 runs from steynes first over. Mind you he's swinging it mile. I can see a wicket coming.
Yep, nothing new about conceding runs early on from S.A. It's a good ploy to make the BM think of easy runs and then wham.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yep, nothing new about conceding runs early on from S.A. It's a good ploy to make the BM think of easy runs and then wham.
Yep. Then Vern comes on. Awesome bowler.

And there's the predicted wicket
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha, told ya Johnson would have his tache, I'm a little disappointed in him if he thinks it's good luck
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Then Vern comes on. Awesome bowler.

And there's the predicted wicket

I have live audio commentary and Cricinfo.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I have live audio commentary and Cricinfo.
That sounds like hard work. I have a remote with a Back button. It allows me to flick instantly switch between the cricket and the babes on the half pipe.

Men's skiing slopestyle on tomorrow night. Can't see the cricket getting a look in. Best event of the winter Olympics.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:18 am
Account Closed

That sounds like hard work. I have a remote with a Back button. It allows me to flick instantly switch between the cricket and the babes on the half pipe.

Men's skiing slopestyle on tomorrow night. Can't see the cricket getting a look in. Best event of the winter Olympics.
you take that back this instant
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
you take that back this instant
I cannot Steve. 15 years ago I was popping heli's in Austria. That's one 360 with little height. It just amazes me what these kids can do today.

The girls were on last night. Commentators 'and this is Sally coming back from her 3rd ligament rupture' or 'this is Stephanie, she dislocated her shoulder in training yesterday, popped it back in and here she is today'

You got to admire the balls and the skill.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Get yourself over there. There's a crowd of about 15. I've seen more people at a county game.
I'd love to be there

It's sad that test cricket is not more popular over there but I think you will find it will be packed over the weekend
Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:59 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Australia 4 for 195. Saffas are bowling nicely, a real class act. If they keep this up we'll be all out by lunch tomorrow.

My tip: Saffas to win.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 2:53 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

4 for 297 at stumps. Nice recovery!
Old Feb 12th 2014, 3:22 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Something I am enjoying, is watching a young player , who got lambasted wrongly at the beginning of his career, from ex English players and disgustingly by bumble lloyd,
and Botham .Now maturing into a decent middle order batsman, and cricketer.
Steve Smith.
I am English so there is no bias, and like D.Gower mentioned a couple of seasons ago,
give the guy a chance and more tests.We dont have an up and coming player at present, to compare.So well done young man, youve made that position yours by
right, and teams are going to need to find out in getting you out for less than 30-40.
A score English middle order struggle even to reach.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Something I am enjoying, is watching a young player , who got lambasted wrongly at the beginning of his career, from ex English players and disgustingly by bumble lloyd,
and Botham .Now maturing into a decent middle order batsman, and cricketer.
Steve Smith.
I am English so there is no bias, and like D.Gower mentioned a couple of seasons ago,
give the guy a chance and more tests.We dont have an up and coming player at present, to compare.So well done young man, youve made that position yours by
right, and teams are going to need to find out in getting you out for less than 30-40.
A score English middle order struggle even to reach.
You mean Australia's future captain?
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Looks like a good batting surface. Good recovery by Oz. Early days still.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
An unassailable lead when you take into account the oppositions penchant for collapsing, oh hang on, wrong series, as you were
Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:23 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
No way. I would like to watch it but won't plumb those depths

Radio and Internet will have to do

http://www.oleoletv.me/

I watch it streaming from this site and connect laptop to tv. Who needs foxtel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.