The Cricket Thread

Old Apr 2nd 2018, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by mikemike
''finally been admitted by mentally ill former English opening batsman'' yep that should do it
England gets a bit of home sickness. How Trotts doing?

Hope you have your eyes on the NZ test. Could be England's first win in a long time.
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcqCOA0EeNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfqlz7tM61A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfyaryBWWws

The only one I feel bad for in all this is Bancroft, he was between a rock and a hard place. Play along or not, his place in the team was in danger, plus his press conference seemed much less contrived than the other two.
You will feel for Steve Smith when the real story comes out.
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Very anti-English that article, almost as if the author had some sort of axe to grind. Bozo could've written it himself, except there were no spelling mistakes

But this is how the Aussies work, they act out scenarios which leave them looking like angels, and everyone else like assholes and it's like reading a cheap novel. Clearly intended to stir up strong national pride amongst mullett wearing hoons, and it works. It's kind of laughable because 10 years after the article was written, the tables have turned and it's Australia who are a disgrace to their forebears. .

The barmy army have got material to keep them going for years now, if Smithy ever comes back I bet he doesn't go out field for long, he'll have to do some major growing and hardening up. If they're ever told to lay off him, it'll just get worse haha
Truth hurts eh. Read the autobiography if you don't like that article.

We should have a Jimmy Anderson special coming out soon with retirement pending.
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 9:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
You will feel for Steve Smith when the real story comes out.
I very much doubt it, unless his family was kidnapped by Warner to ensure his silence
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Truth hurts eh. Read the autobiography if you don't like that article.

We should have a Jimmy Anderson special coming out soon with retirement pending.
I'd hardly say hurts old chap, what's hilarious is that you now defend Australian cheats because apparently everyone else cheats worse. If Australia's dad caught it drinking, it'd point at NZ and say 'well she smokes'.

This whole thing is being played out like an episode of Neighbours, and by jove the guy that everyone was comparing to the Don in actual fact did nothing wrong and is in actual fact a hero, who'd have thought?
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I very much doubt it, unless his family was kidnapped by Warner to ensure his silence
That is a possibility but I doubt very much Steve Smith would roll anyone under a bus, unlike Trescothwick did to Vaughan.
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 9:32 am
Account Closed

That is a possibility but I doubt very much Steve Smith would roll anyone under a bus, unlike Trescothwick did to Vaughan.
So it's all based on your personal opinion of someone you don't know, interesting but unreliable

Myself and my leadership team, isn't that who he said hatched the plan? Sounds very much like taking others down with him, certainly not taking a bullet. Must be your rose tinted glasses
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So it's all based on your personal opinion of someone you don't know, interesting but unreliable

Myself and my leadership team, isn't that who he said hatched the plan? Sounds very much like taking others down with him, certainly not taking a bullet. Must be your rose tinted glasses
Not the way I see it. Warner was going down anyway. Remember it was CA who announced Warner as the ring leader. They could have put Warner out there for the first press conference, but Smith took the bullet and rightfully so, he didn't have control of Warner .... no one does. And that's why he will never be welcome back. His street kid rage has affected many.
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

Not the way I see it. Warner was going down anyway. Remember it was CA who announced Warner as the ring leader. They could have put Warner out there for the first press conference, but Smith took the bullet and rightfully so, he didn't have control of Warner .... no one does. And that's why he will never be welcome back. His street kid rage has affected many.
He's not Steve the Courageous because he did his job for a change, although give him credit for finally manning up.

If this is Warners' street kid rage (a ridiculous term by the way) coming back to bite him then you may aswell tell all council estate lads that it's time to give up trying to better yourselves, the stigma is with you forever.
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He's not Steve the Courageous because he did his job for a change, although give him credit for finally manning up.

If this is Warners' street kid rage (a ridiculous term by the way) coming back to bite him then you may aswell tell all council estate lads that it's time to give up trying to better yourselves, the stigma is with you forever.
Ah so this comes back to your roots from the council estate? Its not about you Stevie.

They worked on Warner for years, to cool his temperament. He was nearly there, but one foul statement against his family sent him into the anger spiral. And now look where we are.

Do you keep forgiving guys like this? You can forgive, but never put them in a position of leadership.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 12:14 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah so this comes back to your roots from the council estate? Its not about you Stevie.

They worked on Warner for years, to cool his temperament. He was nearly there, but one foul statement against his family sent him into the anger spiral. And now look where we are.

Do you keep forgiving guys like this? You can forgive, but never put them in a position of leadership.
He's now more of an embarrassment to his family than Candice's testicle tampering toilet tryst with Sonny
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 12:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What statement about his family? Haven't heard about that.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
What statement about his family? Haven't heard about that.
His wife had a toilet liaison with a very well known rugby player 10 years ago before they hooked up. A SA player used it in sledging then the SA crowds and to some degree Cricket South Africa jumped on that liaison to embarrass Warner and his family.

What Warner should have said was "well she ended up marrying me rather than the pint sized cock of Sonny Bill Williams". No not Warner, he has to take it to the next level, have a stairwell confrontation, tamper with the ball, to seek revenge. He is just a firework with no understanding of consequence.

If you are going to marry the Coogee bike and you are going to be a chief sledger, you've got to expect consequence. Don't worry, I doubt you will ever see him again.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

His wife had a toilet liaison with a very well known rugby player 10 years ago before they hooked up. A SA player used it in sledging then the SA crowds and to some degree Cricket South Africa jumped on that liaison to embarrass Warner and his family.

What Warner should have said was "well she ended up marrying me rather than the pint sized cock of Sonny Bill Williams". No not Warner, he has to take it to the next level, have a stairwell confrontation, tamper with the ball, to seek revenge. He is just a firework with no understanding of consequence.

If you are going to marry the Coogee bike and you are going to be a chief sledger, you've got to expect consequence. Don't worry, I doubt you will ever see him again.
Oh that, I thought you meant something recent that would explain him wanting to **** up his and other people's careers.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Oh that, I thought you meant something recent that would explain him wanting to **** up his and other people's careers.
CA are worried that he might try and roll other team mates under the bus, but I think CA would have already dug out those involved as they don't want to be caught down the track. However, he might roll England and SA under the bus. All teams know what the other teams get up to. Ball tampering to a degree is accepted practice. Pulling out the sandpaper is taking it a bit far. ..... but that's Warner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.