The Cricket Thread

Old Sep 5th 2019, 10:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

England bowling like they don't want to win the Ashes. Making Australia look better than they really are - yet again. Their great White hope, Archer (the best new test bowling talent on the planet - apparently), wicketless. Poorly led too

Ho hum
Old Sep 6th 2019, 2:27 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, not impressed by the bowling intensity when they were two down for next to zip with the series on the line ...

Looks like a rearguard action to try and save it is in order.

Going to hammer down though, right? ....
Old Sep 6th 2019, 2:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yeh, not impressed by the bowling intensity when they were two down for next to zip with the series on the line ...

Looks like a rearguard action to try and save it is in order.

Going to hammer down though, right? ....

Some rain due this morning over there but Saturday and Sunday look clear.

https://www.bbc.com/weather/2643123
Old Sep 9th 2019, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

well done the baggy greens, they may be a one man side but they have made the mist of it
Old Sep 9th 2019, 5:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by mikemike
well done the baggy greens, they may be a one man side but they have made the mist of it
Maybe they are a one man side but they are a better team than England that's for sure

As usual, England under-performed - a very, very overrated side - legends in their own lunchtime with a terrible captain
Old Sep 9th 2019, 8:53 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I read that in the style of Officer Crabtree from Allo allo
Old Sep 9th 2019, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Bowlers win test matches. Haven't you been reading? And the English attack just haven't been good enough and let Smith score runs. You have to have 3 good quicks. Two just doesn't cut it when Australia have 5. Jimmy Anderson was an urn losing loss.
Old Sep 10th 2019, 6:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seeing this debacle as being the difference of one man is seriously mistaken.

Seriously dodgy batting (on both sides, admittedly), an opener that should never have been there, lack of attacking spin, the failure to exert pressure when Aus were two down for next to squat, etc ...
Old Sep 10th 2019, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seeing this debacle as being the difference of one man is seriously mistaken.

Seriously dodgy batting (on both sides, admittedly), an opener that should never have been there, lack of attacking spin, the failure to exert pressure when Aus were two down for next to squat, etc ...
Yep. Batting poor all round. But it's always like that in England Ashes series. Perhaps the public here expect better because of that flat tracks they roll out in Australia.

It was always going to come down to the team who could bowl when it counted.

Australia should have won at Headingly but bowled like crap in the final innings.

PS. Not that it matters but Warner should have been dropped after the last test. He's a walking wicket. If the selectors pick him for the Oval some serious questions must be asked. No doubt they will replace him with a Marsh. The selectors can't resist a Marsh.

Last edited by Beoz; Sep 10th 2019 at 9:10 am.
Old Sep 10th 2019, 11:39 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep. Batting poor all round. But it's always like that in England Ashes series. Perhaps the public here expect better because of that flat tracks they roll out in Australia.

It was always going to come down to the team who could bowl when it counted.

Australia should have won at Headingly but bowled like crap in the final innings.

PS. Not that it matters but Warner should have been dropped after the last test. He's a walking wicket. If the selectors pick him for the Oval some serious questions must be asked. No doubt they will replace him with a Marsh. The selectors can't resist a Marsh.
You may be right about the batting expectations, I hadn’t thought of it that way.

I’ve clearly been here a while ...

I don’t think they’ll drop Warner, he’ll survive to murder Pakistan, etc this summer in more favourable conditions. I hope not though because I’d like to see a competitive day or two at The Gabba for once ...
Old Sep 10th 2019, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You may be right about the batting expectations, I hadn’t thought of it that way.

I’ve clearly been here a while ...

I don’t think they’ll drop Warner, he’ll survive to murder Pakistan, etc this summer in more favourable conditions. I hope not though because I’d like to see a competitive day or two at The Gabba for once ...
I read Langer is hinting they will keep him for the final test. England will be salivating at that. See, Its Australa v England and the Australian selectors all over again.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 10:30 am
Mostly Harmless

After all the Tom Hanks Disease palaver it’s bloody raining ...
Old Jul 8th 2020, 11:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

After all the Tom Hanks Disease palaver it’s bloody raining ...
Typical

Can be watched for free on the CA app:
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/550349
Old Jan 14th 2021, 1:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

5 days of sitting in my apartment on my own watching test cricket starting tomorrow. Personally I thought the 3rd test was sensational India showed great character. I'm looking forward to this immensely.
Old Jan 17th 2021, 9:06 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
5 days of sitting in my apartment on my own watching test cricket starting tomorrow. Personally I thought the 3rd test was sensational India showed great character. I'm looking forward to this immensely.
Aus India has been a really good series. Two flawed teams make good entertainment.

India have done particularly well to rally after injuries.

Did day 1 at the Gabba, still have burnt knees ...

Hope England can limp over the line against SL ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.