The Cricket Thread

Old Aug 11th 2015, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
SHUT UP YOU SILLY ENGLISH PERSON !!!!!!
Does that mean my Welsh side is OK to speak?!!

Get out there and have a beer to toast my departure to Convict-land
Old Aug 11th 2015, 1:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I wondered where you were 18 months ago

On a side note, I have a game in London this weekend. (I'm currently still in Sydney). I'm opening the batting for my old team and will have tooth picks holding up my eye lids. I might invite a couple of selectors down. If I was ever going to get a chance, this is it

Can't wait.
He was at the Gabba, having a beer with me!
Old Aug 11th 2015, 1:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
To quote Cresta in another thread today, I have a ban button and a short temper.

Grow up the lot of you and discuss the cricket, leave your personal quibbles at the door.
Wot, no more full tosses, grubbers and no balls? Howzat!
Old Aug 12th 2015, 9:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not too sure anyone was getting at all narky to be honest, the two Aussie fans were having a 'my sport's better than yours' kind of pissing contest, but not a lot else other than a bit of banter really, Everyone knows England are destined for the top spot again, I personally would like to thank the Saffas for keeping it warm while we sorted our extended hiccup out, it'll take a while to catch you up but it'll happen, the more you struggle the more humiliating it will be..
Old Aug 12th 2015, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
He was at the Gabba, having a beer with me!
Did you 2 get lost in the Gabba for the rest of the series

Well I've been offered some work for the first day of the Oval test. It pays very well. Not sure what to do.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 8:50 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've been offered some work for the first day of the Oval test. It pays very well. Not sure what to do.
Take it, I say!

Any help in that batting middle order will help the Aussies
Old Aug 13th 2015, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Take it, I say!

Any help in that batting middle order will help the Aussies
Yeah but I like the Oval and I like cricket. Its a tough one.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 9:06 am
Account Closed

If the job doesn't start til lunch time it's win win for you
Old Aug 14th 2015, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Australia are looking like regaining the Ashes in England!! Ladies that is. (England 5 for still needing another 200 after tea on last day) Ladies lose at home and regain away; Men vice-versa.

Why such a big break between 4th and 5th tests? I know that's the schedule laid down a year or two in advance but just wondered?
Old Aug 14th 2015, 10:04 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I see Aus have put the Village Idiot in charge of the village finances.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:15 am
Account Closed

It all seems to have gone quiet...Does that mean all the Aussie fans are now deeply into netball?

Old Aug 18th 2015, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

There's only 2 of us and one is a Pom who spends all his time arguing with me anyway.

England won, well played, deserved victors, move on (like you all did with 1966).
Old Aug 18th 2015, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
It all seems to have gone quiet...Does that mean all the Aussie fans are now deeply into netball?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htobTBlCvUU
You wish.

I played in London on Sunday. Oppo bowled out for 146. in 26 overs on a green top. It just took some nice accurate bowling from our boys. The pitch did the rest.

Fortunately the oppo couldn't bowl straight, the runs knocked of in 23 overs with 3 down. I will blow my own trumpet here. Opened the batting, patiently exercised my right to leave the good ones and block a bunch more, which were few and far between fortunately, 67 NO. Good sledging from the wicket keeper all day about the Ashes. Think he was surprised to see an Aussie not thrashing the thing.

Again bowling won the day on the green tops.

Not sure what they are going to roll out at the Oval. Usually good for a bit of bounce and lots of spin. My bet is another green monster.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Think he was surprised to see an Aussie not thrashing the thing.
....but you are not an Aussie

....but you can tell any tales you like, or be anyone you want on the internet can't you?

You can even pretend to be a good cricketer
Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling
....but you are not an Aussie

....but you can tell any tales you like, or be anyone you want on the internet can't you?

You can even pretend to be a good cricketer
Lets pretend for a minute that I am a pom. For that minute defection gets up your nose so badly ........ its priceless. You don't even like cricket. You just like having that little contest ..... England v the rest of the world. To be that patriotic must be so irritating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.