The Cricket Thread

Old Aug 10th 2015, 11:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Grayling
Oh!... I thought you said wanker countries

So you get to see a lot of SA cricket games do you?...being a proper cricket fan and all
I said wanker teams - the cricket sides of England and Australia - not countries. Do keep up granddad

I don't watch many SA test cricket games as I got rid of Foxtel years ago but I certainly do listen avidly - stream SABC Radio 2000 FM, who have coverage of all the Proteas games, both home and away. I also read cricket news and follow scores on cricinfo and News24 (an SA news website)

Hope this helps
Old Aug 10th 2015, 11:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Seeing as the gap between the best team on the planet and the rest is clear, cold air, it certainly is a bit chilly on top

I do enjoy watching the Ashes (it's where the great game of international test cricket began and the only things that spoil it are the barmy army and the fanatics) but me, and the 2 billion fans of the other 8 teams that can't compete only have an outside view so I can't get excited about it and therefore it doesn't hurt

Saying that it is between the 2 wanker teams of world cricket - if you didn't have a vested interest you'd know what I mean

Enjoy the victory - your team deserves it and you and all the other part-time cricket fans can savour the moment
part time? how do you work that out exactly? by how much I post about it in here, come on mate I thought better of you.

There are 3 forms of the game, SA are ranked 1 in test cricket, and are famous chokers in the other 2. You're only a fan of the format you're #1 in, and you're calling me a fair weather fan, only reason you don't like the other 2 is cos you is shite at em
Old Aug 10th 2015, 11:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I don't watch many SA test cricket games as I got rid of Foxtel years ago but I certainly do listen avidly - stream SABC Radio 2000 FM, who have coverage of all the Proteas games, both home and away. I also read cricket news and follow scores on cricinfo and News24 (an SA news website)

Hope this helps
Much like the rest of us then

So what makes you so special as a fan?
Old Aug 10th 2015, 11:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Much like the rest of us then

So what makes you so special as a fan?
I'm not - just an average cricket fan - something you certainly are not

Cricket for you is just another thing to hate Australia with
Old Aug 10th 2015, 11:56 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Cricket for you is just another thing to hate Australia with
Don't forget South Africa as well.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 12:10 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
part time? how do you work that out exactly? by how much I post about it in here, come on mate I thought better of you.

There are 3 forms of the game, SA are ranked 1 in test cricket, and are famous chokers in the other 2. You're only a fan of the format you're #1 in, and you're calling me a fair weather fan, only reason you don't like the other 2 is cos you is shite at em
I replied to one of your posts with a bit of banter - that's all. The way the discussion between has progressed is entirely in your hands. I'm just reacting to what you post. None of it is serious BTW

I have been on this site for years and throughout that time I have posted about my general dislike of ODI cricket - nothing new there. The fact that we are shit at it doesn't help either! Same goes for T20, which I don't mind but can't get excited about. To me there are only 2 real sports in the world: test cricket and rugby union - all the rest are games

Cricket to you is England v Australia - nothing else. That's cool but just calling it like it is
Old Aug 10th 2015, 12:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Don't forget South Africa as well.
Party on Garth!

The fact that you hated Nelson Mandela is interesting - a big call and nothing wrong with that but speaks volumes
Old Aug 10th 2015, 1:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

The fact that you hated Nelson Mandela is interesting
Where have I ever said that that is pretty pathetic even by your standards.

He was the best thing that happened to SA.....sorted your sorry lot out.

Do you simply not bother with the truth then?

Why make things up to try to score a point?....are you that desperate?

Last edited by Grayling; Aug 10th 2015 at 1:34 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 5:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

To quote Cresta in another thread today, I have a ban button and a short temper.

Grow up the lot of you and discuss the cricket, leave your personal quibbles at the door.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 10:07 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
To quote Cresta in another thread today, I have a ban button and a short temper.

Grow up the lot of you and discuss the cricket, leave your personal quibbles at the door.
Indeed, the purpose of this thread is the merciless ridicule of the Australian cricket team, anything else is wasted bandwidth.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Indeed, the purpose of this thread is the merciless ridicule of the Australian cricket team, anything else is wasted bandwidth.
Yes, an astute observation...and the S.A. cricket team from time to time.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I wondered where you were 18 months ago

On a side note, I have a game in London this weekend. (I'm currently still in Sydney). I'm opening the batting for my old team and will have tooth picks holding up my eye lids. I might invite a couple of selectors down. If I was ever going to get a chance, this is it

Can't wait.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 4:37 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I'm opening the batting for my old team and will have tooth picks holding up my eye lids.
Do you intend to re-use the toothpicks as bats aswell, you know keeping in tradition with this current Aussie side?
Old Aug 11th 2015, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Do you intend to re-use the toothpicks as bats aswell, you know keeping in tradition with this current Aussie side?
I'm fine on English wickets. Its the Aussie wickets that give me a bit of trouble.

Besides, they don't doctor the pitches at the level I play
Old Aug 11th 2015, 12:34 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

SHUT UP YOU SILLY ENGLISH PERSON !!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.