Wikiposts

Cricket NZ V UK

Old Feb 6th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all
Default Re: Cricket NZ V UK

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Yes, we need a new captain, but who?
I think that Strauss should be captain and Cook should be made vice captain and also be included in the ODI side. Strauss is not in great form currently but is a good player and a good captain for his county. Cook will more than likley be a future England captain so lets get him in both forms of the game now and get him some leadership exposure....
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Well done England today. I didn't think I'd see the day (particularly against this England team) when defeat would be snatched from the jaws of victory at 1/170.

I reckon it's a ploy to get some revenue from a 3rd final and to breathe a bit more interest into the comp.

Today proved that some of the players are capable of delivering even without Vaughan's presence (and lack of runs). Ponting, like Flintoff, wasn't too 'flash' to begin with as captain. Persist with Freddie and there's no need to keep looking backwards for Michael and feeling that the ship sinks without his helmanship.

OzTennis
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:06 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Well done England today. I didn't think I'd see the day (particularly against this England team) when defeat would be snatched from the jaws of victory at 1/170.

I reckon it's a ploy to get some revenue from a 3rd final and to breathe a bit more interest into the comp.

Today proved that some of the players are capable of delivering even without Vaughan's presence (and lack of runs). Ponting, like Flintoff, wasn't too 'flash' to begin with as captain. Persist with Freddie and there's no need to keep looking backwards for Michael and feeling that the ship sinks without his helmanship.

OzTennis
Hah... A fortuitous result, but one we'll happily accept... Still don't think Freddie's anywhere near as good as Vaughan, and judging from the Aussie commentators today, nor do they...
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Hah... A fortuitous result, but one we'll happily accept... Still don't think Freddie's anywhere near as good as Vaughan, and judging from the Aussie commentators today, nor do they...
what a finish though, I couldn't sit down
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

England showed the character that has been missing on this tour. Colly was brilliant - a really classy innings and superb fielding. Oz were aweful in the field and a collapse worthy of England.
If England win the toss at Sydney they could yet win the series!!! Plunkett will swing the ball at 90mph under the lights so anything can happen.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

When I saw 'Pigeon' drop Bell I said to my wife, 'that's it', England will win, even though they were 3/33 or something like that. In tennis we call it the 'moment of truth'. You can see someone with the upper hand and the 'moment of truth' comes and they don't take it.

You can say 9 times out of 10 that person won't win and usually you are right. There are more turning points in a ODI but I just had that feeling Bell, Collingwood and Flintoff would get to what was a modest total. Overs 45, 46, 47 and 48 were killers for Australia - few runs, 4 wickets, pinch hitter Watson out, 250 odd not a good enough total, 9 balls not used, 270 would have been probably been beyond England. Symonds (and White) were missed. Anyway, it makes it interesting for Sydney (and Melbourne again is it for game 3 if needed)?

I personally don't agree on Vaughan. If Flintoff was given a decent run and more experience as captain a better batsman than Vaughan could come in (not the Vaughan of 2 yrs or more ago, the ageing body, current form Vaughan). I feel a more experienced captain in Flintoff and a better batsman than Vaughan (eg Cook, mysteriously not used in ODI's) is England's answer. I, for obvious reasons, hope England keep looking back and not forward.

What did they say? Over 70 ODI's for Vaughan, no centuries, an average in the 20's, recent average below 20? Doesn't matter how good a captain you are, that's a passenger to me.

What concerns me slightly from an Aussie perspective is Gilly's form as an opener. He's capable of too much to be dropped but he'll need to pick up his game with the WC in mind. I would like Clarke in for Bracken and I'd also fit in Watson, White and Symonds if he's fit.

OzTennis
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:01 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
When I saw 'Pigeon' drop Bell I said to my wife, 'that's it', England will win, even though they were 3/33 or something like that. In tennis we call it the 'moment of truth'. You can see someone with the upper hand and the 'moment of truth' comes and they don't take it.

You can say 9 times out of 10 that person won't win and usually you are right. There are more turning points in a ODI but I just had that feeling Bell, Collingwood and Flintoff would get to what was a modest total. Overs 45, 46, 47 and 48 were killers for Australia - few runs, 4 wickets, pinch hitter Watson out, 250 odd not a good enough total, 9 balls not used, 270 would have been probably been beyond England. Symonds (and White) were missed. Anyway, it makes it interesting for Sydney (and Melbourne again is it for game 3 if needed)?

I personally don't agree on Vaughan. If Flintoff was given a decent run and more experience as captain a better batsman than Vaughan could come in (not the Vaughan of 2 yrs or more ago, the ageing body, current form Vaughan). I feel a more experienced captain in Flintoff and a better batsman than Vaughan (eg Cook, mysteriously not used in ODI's) is England's answer. I, for obvious reasons, hope England keep looking back and not forward.

What did they say? Over 70 ODI's for Vaughan, no centuries, an average in the 20's, recent average below 20? Doesn't matter how good a captain you are, that's a passenger to me.

What concerns me slightly from an Aussie perspective is Gilly's form as an opener. He's capable of too much to be dropped but he'll need to pick up his game with the WC in mind. I would like Clarke in for Bracken and I'd also fit in Watson, White and Symonds if he's fit.

OzTennis

Only caught the first 3 overs of the UK innings (think it was 3 for 15 ) now wake up to a great victory Well done England now I dont feel so bad after the Kiwi loss
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:37 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Cricket NZ V UK

England beat Australia by 4 wickets

Australia won the toss and decided to bat

Australia Innings
252 all out (48.3 overs)

England Innings
253 for 6 (49.3 overs)
Were we really playing England today?

Congratulations to the Poms on a nailbiting finish and a well deserved victory!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:01 am
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

England beat Australia by 4 wickets

Australia won the toss and decided to bat

Australia Innings
252 all out (48.3 overs)

England Innings
253 for 6 (49.3 overs)
Were we really playing England today?

Congratulations to the Poms on a nailbiting finish and a well deserved victory!
now that, is cricket..^^^^^

recently england have had injuries and dont really have the strength in depth to fill them.
in the ashes tests, some wickets were lost with some bad decisions. (strauss) that might' have let england scrape one test.. maybe.

i dont think england are that bad a team, rather i think that theaussie test team is an all time great team! they may be getting on a bit but they looked as good as the viv richards era west indians..

the aussies looked a little casual today i thought, same as when they lost the ashes in england..
freddies boys might have been a bit lucky today but it makes for interesting games now..

i dont think the english are that bothered about cricket now days. football is king. thats why we havent got two 'freddies'
sad i think
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

3-15 what a match and advert for cricket,
oh and the worst EVER England team!!!!!!!!!!!
(redemption)
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:31 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, but what a win eh? Brilliant! I am on a high today and praying we win the toss tomorrow.

Well done Colly. Whoopee..................
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thebears
Only caught the first 3 overs of the UK innings (think it was 3 for 15 ) now wake up to a great victory Well done England now I dont feel so bad after the Kiwi loss
ENGLAND innings please ... the jocks have their own team ...
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:37 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
ENGLAND innings please ... the jocks have their own team ...
Now that is funny.....It's England & Wales btw., but you can say England.

'COME ON ENGLAND'
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Now that is funny.....It's England & Wales btw., but you can say England.

'COME ON ENGLAND'
Take your point about Wales.

I'll run a sweep on the first person to mention the word 'Joyce'
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:51 pm
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Take your point about Wales.

I'll run a sweep on the first person to mention the word 'Joyce'
That's my beautiful mothers name, so I'll say it. "Joyce"...there you go and hello mummy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.