Wikiposts

Cricket

Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Default Cricket

Don`t watch it myself but OH & son tell me England won yesterday. Congratulations cricketers.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket

Wish i'd put money on it, apparently UK bookies were offering odds of 200-1 at the start of the ODI series... oh the benefit of hindsight eh?!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:56 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridie
Wish i'd put money on it, apparently UK bookies were offering odds of 200-1 at the start of the ODI series... oh the benefit of hindsight eh?!
Are you sure it was 200-1?

Those odds seem unbelievable.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, correct according to this http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...251052,00.html
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:20 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridie
Ah, two weeks ago. I thought you meant right at the start of the finals.
2 weeks ago England could not win a raffle.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
Are you sure it was 200-1?

Those odds seem unbelievable.
Believe it. My husband meant to place a bet but never got round to it.The best laid plans eh!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah, two weeks ago. I thought you meant right at the start of the finals.
2 weeks ago England could not win a raffle.
Isn`t it particularly wonderful that they did win tho!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Isn`t it particularly wonderful that they did win tho!
It has been a great day to be a POM here in Australia. The blokes at work took a pounding off me today, it felt great too, all that pent up stuff came out after i took a shedfull over the course of the summer.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

It has been a great day to be a POM here in Australia. The blokes at work took a pounding off me today, it felt great too, all that pent up stuff came out after i took a shedfull over the course of the summer.
My sons all said it was not mentioned at school at all today. Yet since term began the other children have been talking about cricket lots.My sons too gentlemanly to mention it. Showing off is just not cricket.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

As I have posted before elsewhere hereabouts I am a happy man, not only do I get to return some fire at work (and home, my wife is an Aussie and so is my daughter, but she is only 2 so is exempt from the fun) I also had some cash on them ... but ... I'd like to take this opportunity to paraphrase a quote by Simon Barnes of The Times (a great writer) ... and this is by far the best sports-related analogy I've heard in a long time ...

It's like a fireman has gone into a burning house to rescue a baby and come out with a cat ... it's a very nice cat and he loves it but it's not exactly what he went in for.

World Cup? Bring It On.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
As I have posted before elsewhere hereabouts I am a happy man, not only do I get to return some fire at work (and home, my wife is an Aussie and so is my daughter, but she is only 2 so is exempt from the fun) I also had some cash on them ... but ... I'd like to take this opportunity to paraphrase a quote by Simon Barnes of The Times (a great writer) ... and this is by far the best sports-related analogy I've heard in a long time ...

It's like a fireman has gone into a burning house to rescue a baby and come out with a cat ... it's a very nice cat and he loves it but it's not exactly what he went in for.

World Cup? Bring It On.
Well done for having faith and placing a bet. So, exactly what are you worth today????????
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

My sons all said it was not mentioned at school at all today. Yet since term began the other children have been talking about cricket lots.My sons too gentlemanly to mention it. Showing off is just not cricket.
That's the Aussie attitude all over in my experience, shout it from the rooftops when winning (3 pages in the sports section of the paper) and then back to swimming when they are not (1 column).

I was always taught that you shouldn't celebrate too much when you win and you shouldn't dispair too much when you lose because success and failure are both flip-sides of the same coin , and now a bit of Kipling ...

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;"

Anyway that is all bollards, we should freaking give it to Aussies big time, it's a new world with new rules and the buggers will hear about every 'pommy' victory!

Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

Well done for having faith and placing a bet. So, exactly what are you worth today????????
$75 more than I was before ... I think I may have to spend it on something frivolous.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:54 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

I was there.....

It was wet, I had no umbrella or jacket, but it was a classic. Unfortunately I was ill today (now got a cold!!) so could not rub it in to all those arrogant Aussies in my office to get revenge for 5 months of smugness!
As per Gone With The Wind - "Tomorrow is another day..."

Steve
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:01 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
I was there.....

It was wet, I had no umbrella or jacket, but it was a classic. Unfortunately I was ill today (now got a cold!!) so could not rub it in to all those arrogant Aussies in my office to get revenge for 5 months of smugness!
As per Gone With The Wind - "Tomorrow is another day..."

Steve
lets just hope the kiwis smash them aswell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.