Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cracking thunderstorm

Cracking thunderstorm

Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cracking thunderstorm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
A five minute heavyish shower here.
Yep, it missed you I think, went over further north. Actually there was a zone marked on the radar map with barbed wire and a warning "Moneypen lives 'ere, don't wake her" so I guess that scared it away
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:19 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is another one brewing at the moment.

G
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:22 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I think there is another one brewing at the moment.

G
Yep, some nasty ones south end of the Gold Coast at the moment, more cells near Gympie too. They are expecting storms most afternoons/evenings this week, so be warned. (and as I'm on duty again tonight and seem to be cursed, my money is on an eventful evening!)
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, some nasty ones south end of the Gold Coast at the moment, more cells near Gympie too. They are expecting storms most afternoons/evenings this week, so be warned. (and as I'm on duty again tonight and seem to be cursed, my money is on an eventful evening!)
I'm off to Noosa for a few days tomorrow......I think they are forecast there as well......never mind....they are usually late on in the day.

G
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

We had what seemed like the full impact last night- at one point I thought that the house had been hit!

Very humid and windy at the mo - so what will tonight bring?

T x
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:35 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Grayling
I'm off to Noosa for a few days tomorrow......I think they are forecast there as well......never mind....they are usually late on in the day.

G
Yep, you'll likely get them up there too
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:39 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
We had what seemed like the full impact last night- at one point I thought that the house had been hit!

Very humid and windy at the mo - so what will tonight bring?

T x
There are little spots popping up all over the radar map so I reckon we are in for a bit.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.shtml
Old Nov 4th 2008, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

There are little spots popping up all over the radar map so I reckon we are in for a bit.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.shtml
Thanks Pollyana, I will pop my ear plugs in and put my eye mask on - I have a real fear of storms!!!!! Not a good thing when you live here

T x
Old Nov 4th 2008, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

It was over Gympie about 1.30pm - very sudden! All the kids were having a school swimming lesson at the time so had to quickly get them all out of the pool quickly!

Am I the only one who is petrified of storms???? I was a jibbering wreck by the time I got home! Please tell me there is no more over Gympie tonight Polly as OH is away! If there is I'm gonna start drinking now!!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 5:22 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, is looking very grey and windy out there.... summit is brewing! Might tell the OH to try and leave work a bit early since he'll be riding home (on a bicycle) in a storm at this rate!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 5:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

This thread title needs the word 'Grommit' after 'thunderstorm'.

You may now go about your business.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:32 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew there'd be someone woken up by it and posting! That is, apart from our staff all over the south-east who were rung by me at 2.15am and warned they were about to get hit by a storm with hail and wind! Funnily enough I didn't get many "thanks for the call" comments!!
Got back to bed about 5ish just in time to get up at 6:30, at least so far tonight looks calm but then so did last night.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it missed you I think, went over further north. Actually there was a zone marked on the radar map with barbed wire and a warning "Moneypen lives 'ere, don't wake her" so I guess that scared it away
I do have some power then Had the odd heavy shower every now and then, nothing more. I'm convinced that my hill/ridge whatever it's called has it's own weather system to everywhere else. I drive down the hill and say it's rained and people look confused
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:43 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
It was over Gympie about 1.30pm - very sudden! All the kids were having a school swimming lesson at the time so had to quickly get them all out of the pool quickly!

Am I the only one who is petrified of storms???? I was a jibbering wreck by the time I got home! Please tell me there is no more over Gympie tonight Polly as OH is away! If there is I'm gonna start drinking now!!
Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Hmm, is looking very grey and windy out there.... summit is brewing! Might tell the OH to try and leave work a bit early since he'll be riding home (on a bicycle) in a storm at this rate!
There's a lot of little bits of drizzle around at present but nothing big at the moment. WOuldn't be surprised though, the Bureau are quite expecting cells to build quickly - like the ones last night, and the ones over Gympie today.

Originally Posted by Hutch
This thread title needs the word 'Grommit' after 'thunderstorm'.
It does really, doesn't it

Originally Posted by annqldau
Got back to bed about 5ish just in time to get up at 6:30, at least so far tonight looks calm but then so did last night.
Mmmm, I wouldn't bank on it staying quiet all night.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:08 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a lot of little bits of drizzle around at present but nothing big at the moment. WOuldn't be surprised though, the Bureau are quite expecting cells to build quickly - like the ones last night, and the ones over Gympie today.

It does really, doesn't it

Mmmm, I wouldn't bank on it staying quiet all night.
All quiet on the western front tonight though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.