Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cracking thunderstorm

Cracking thunderstorm

Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:39 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cracking thunderstorm

Yeah it was great wasn't it! I'm loving the storms over here.

We'd just got to the Suncorp Stadium for the Socceroos game when it came over - it was great! (if somewhat wet). Delayed the kickoff by half an hour too but it was all good, 4-0 win in the end. And an opportunity to introduce all my in-laws to football (I can't bring myself to call it soccer).
Old Oct 16th 2008, 2:09 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Yeah it was great wasn't it! I'm loving the storms over here.

We'd just got to the Suncorp Stadium for the Socceroos game when it came over - it was great! (if somewhat wet). Delayed the kickoff by half an hour too but it was all good, 4-0 win in the end. And an opportunity to introduce all my in-laws to football (I can't bring myself to call it soccer).
I left at halftime,im sorry but the aussies cant play football to save their lives,piss poor game.Mind you the storm was first class entertainment
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:42 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I left at halftime,im sorry but the aussies cant play football to save their lives,piss poor game.Mind you the storm was first class entertainment
Yeah it wasn't the best footy I've ever seen in my life, but we had a great time Bit weird without any singing as well! I tried to start a few things off but for some reason it didn't catch on
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah it wasn't the best footy I've ever seen in my life, but we had a great time Bit weird without any singing as well! I tried to start a few things off but for some reason it didn't catch on
Last time we went the stewards were 'evicting' people if they started chanting etc. Plus no Mexican waves LOL.

T
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:22 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was sat next to a few irish and scots lads and have to say the banter was great,felt sorry for two aussies lads in our section for they took some serious stick
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

I was sat next to a few irish and scots lads and have to say the banter was great,felt sorry for two aussies lads in our section for they took some serious stick
LOL
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:31 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
LOL
I tell you im pretty thicked skinned but i think i might have gone for a pee and not come back
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

I tell you im pretty thicked skinned but i think i might have gone for a pee and not come back
Is that what all the Ozzies do at Suncorp when the 'songs' start - go hide in the loo's ?

Especially as they would so not be used to the 'banter' at a good old footty match
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
Anyone else not got their TV back, it's not foxtel just general FTA... we've only got Ch7 but it's very jumpy.
Got The Bloke's Foxtel back about 11pm, but only after rebooting the box several times. I think it was probably me calling it "a piece of typical Australian useless kak" which did the trick
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

You can tell the tickets were for nowt mate
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:53 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Here comes the next lot, severe thunderstorms, large hailstones and damaging winds likely - south east Qld - Gold Coast, Brisbane, and the southern end of the Sunshine Coast.
Should wake a few people up with a start!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:45 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Here comes the next lot, severe thunderstorms, large hailstones and damaging winds likely - south east Qld - Gold Coast, Brisbane, and the southern end of the Sunshine Coast.
Should wake a few people up with a start!
Mmm... could be why I'm on here and not asleep...
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:11 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by annqldau
Mmm... could be why I'm on here and not asleep...
I knew there'd be someone woken up by it and posting! That is, apart from our staff all over the south-east who were rung by me at 2.15am and warned they were about to get hit by a storm with hail and wind! Funnily enough I didn't get many "thanks for the call" comments!!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:23 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We were woken up several times last night.

The first was at 2am when he heard the power flick back on after it went out. Something in the kitchen beeped really loudly.

Then we were aware of the loud thunder and rain. Not too bad, but had a hard time getting back to sleep.

Just nodding off again then at 3am heard a massive crack of thunder. I would have sworn it hit the end of our driveway, it was just that loud. Yet again the power was out..... I have no idea what time it came back on again. Took me a while to get to sleep after that one!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

A five minute heavyish shower here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.