British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   COVIDSafe successfully installed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/covidsafe-successfully-installed-932387/)

Beoz Apr 26th 2020 10:16 am

COVIDSafe successfully installed

Jump on board everyone and help us work towards freedom.

Leave your self interest conspiracy theories at the door.

Beoz Apr 26th 2020 10:27 am

Re: COVIDSafe successfully installed

Battery

The good news is, it's way down on the list. 19th battery hogging app. 0.3% here.

Nothing

the troubadour Apr 26th 2020 11:22 am

Freedom being of course, the ability of everyone to come to their own conclusions on the matter .

DeadVim Apr 26th 2020 11:53 am

Balls to that, I’m stringing this gravy train out.

Beoz Apr 26th 2020 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12844408)
Freedom being of course, the ability of everyone to come to their own conclusions on the matter .

If you like staying at home and living off welfare then you have a point.

Amazulu Apr 26th 2020 2:04 pm

Installed

Retirednow Apr 27th 2020 8:29 pm

Installed and registered

Beoz Apr 27th 2020 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Retirednow (Post 12845089)
Installed and registered

..... and well done to the other plus 2 million who want to be part of the solution.

Amazulu Apr 28th 2020 12:22 am

My wife and son have installed it too. Whole household done

moneypenny20 Apr 28th 2020 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12844433)
If you like staying at home and living off welfare then you have a point.

Your thought processes are very strange at times.

paulry Apr 28th 2020 3:41 pm

:thumbup:

I've installed and registered it but since I have no need or intention of being nearer than 1.5m to anyone (except my immediate family) for 15 mins, it feels a bit pointless.

Beoz Apr 29th 2020 7:36 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12845477)
:thumbup:

I've installed and registered it but since I have no need or intention of being nearer than 1.5m to anyone (except my immediate family) for 15 mins, it feels a bit pointless.

I think it's so you can be with someone for more than 15 mins. Once there is a good number of users, the restrictions can be relaxed so any flare ups can be traced.

paulry Apr 29th 2020 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12845754)
I think it's so you can be with someone for more than 15 mins. Once there is a good number of users, the restrictions can be relaxed so any flare ups can be traced.

It sounds a bit limited to me. within 1.5 metres sounds right but 15 mins? Surely there isn't a time related element to this other than the longer you are near a person with the CCP virus greater the risk of infection, but transmission can occur in seconds. And it doesn't do anything about potential infection from touching things like sitting on a park bench with you hand on the arm rest, or opening a door. The more I think about it, the app seems like just a gimmick designed to make people feel like they're doing the right things. I would much rather see it made mandatory for people to wear masks in public and for there to be hand sanitiser gel strategically placed at the entrances of all shops, shopping malls, public buildings. Even at traffic lights pedestrian crossings, lift lobbies, etc.

Meanwhile:

https://www.innovationaus.com/questi...ng-deal-husic/

Mr Husic on Tuesday afternoon said the government needs to explain the role of AWS in its contact tracing app and whether this data centre would store any of the private information. “There are still big questions about the way in which the data will be managed. There have been questions raised about one of [AWS’] local partners that’s used to store data, and that’s Global Switch, a Chinese firm,” Mr Husic told ABC News 24. “If there wasn’t a problem with this firm storing data locally why is it that federal agencies have been trying to exit out of their arrangements with Global Switch because of the fact it is a Chinese firm?

Pollyana Apr 29th 2020 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12845952)
It sounds a bit limited to me. within 1.5 metres sounds right but 15 mins? Surely there isn't a time related element to this other than the longer you are near a person with the CCP virus greater the risk of infection, but transmission can occur in seconds. And it doesn't do anything about potential infection from touching things like sitting on a park bench with you hand on the arm rest, or opening a door. The more I think about it, the app seems like just a gimmick designed to make people feel like they're doing the right things. I would much rather see it made mandatory for people to wear masks in public and for there to be hand sanitiser gel strategically placed at the entrances of all shops, shopping malls, public buildings. Even at traffic lights pedestrian crossings, lift lobbies, etc.

Meanwhile:

https://www.innovationaus.com/questi...ng-deal-husic/

The reasons why it is not mandatory to wear a mask are well documented elsewhere, as you will know - its robably about as effective as this dodgy app. As for providing hand sanitiser - buy your own and carry it with you. I have for years and nOw I am pleased I was in the habit as I am allergic to the god-awful stuff they provide at work. Amazes me that more people don't have some with them. Its all very well to moan abut the nanny state but then when it comes to something as simple as this they expect the state to provide!

carcajou Apr 29th 2020 9:32 pm

I have downloaded it on my phone. It won't work on my wife's phone.