Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Could do with a job....

Could do with a job....

Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:26 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Could do with a job....

....by profession I'm a Mental Health Nurse - but want a complete break from that.
Trouble is that all the work experience I've had is nursing.

What the hell can I do that doesn't involve further prior training.

Everything I look at says...experience essential - and I'm fed-up with it ! How are you supposed to get experience if they don't give you the work ??

All I want is a bit of money...and to do something.

All suggestions welcome

Cas
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could do with a job....

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
....by profession I'm a Mental Health Nurse - but want a complete break from that.

Everything I look at says...experience essential - and I'm fed-up with it ! How are you supposed to get experience if they don't give you the work ??

All suggestions welcome

Cas
Ca why do you want a change?
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:32 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

All suggestions welcome

Cas
God i know just how you feel!!

I want to train to do something, have no idea WHAT, and even if i did i'd probably be told i'm too old or its going to cost me zillions of dollars to train
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by glittababe
Ca why do you want a change?
To be honest after 10 years of MH nursing..in a very stressful field - I'm burnt-out.
I was beginning to resent going to work....and while I love the clients - felt that I couldn't give them 100% - and they deserve better than that.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
God i know just how you feel!!

I want to train to do something, have no idea WHAT, and even if i did i'd probably be told i'm too old or its going to cost me zillions of dollars to train
Yeah..tell me about it !!
I want to do a Sports Massage course...but at $3000 there is no way I can afford it at the moment.

I want an easyish job - so I can save up....and in the meantime feel useful and meet more people.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest after 10 years of MH nursing..in a very stressful field - I'm burnt-out.
I was beginning to resent going to work....and while I love the clients - felt that I couldn't give them 100% - and they deserve better than that.
ummm its very difficult. Perhaps you need to extend your field of nursing? I started to get bored of general nursing so I moved to trauma and resus in A&E, then onto the Minor Injuries Unit which is nurse led.

Discussing my future plans with friends at work yesterday, I realised that I'm STILL not happy! My ideal job would be forensics, scenes of crime etc When I enquired about it, its a 16 week residential course. It would mean being away from the kids for 4 mths and I can't do that! Ah well X

(oh and I'd also like to own a glittery sparkly shop, but thats when I really start to day dream)
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:39 am
Account Closed

ummm its very difficult. Perhaps you need to extend your field of nursing? I started to get bored of general nursing so I moved to trauma and resus in A&E, then onto the Minor Injuries Unit which is nurse led.

Discussing my future plans with friends at work yesterday, I realised that I'm STILL not happy! My ideal job would be forensics, scenes of crime etc When I enquired about it, its a 16 week residential course. It would mean being away from the kids for 4 mths and I can't do that! Ah well X

(oh and I'd also like to own a glittery sparkly shop, but thats when I really start to day dream)
Extending my field briefly went through my mind....but what I really want is to get away from nursing..for the forseeable future at least.
(Mental health nursing is way behind here anyway from my experience)

Do you want to go into business....?
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Extendin my field briefly went through my mind....but what I really want is to get away from nursing..for the forseeable future at least.

Do you want to go into business....?
would love too! I'd love to own my own shop, similar to Claires Accessories here. All girly and pink, lots of sparkly stuff. It would be fab! Mark and I briefly looked at this option, then realised that we just wouldn't be able to afford it. Everything has to be shipped in and the cost would be too much. we even checked out wholesalers across Aus and found there weren't hardly any. Never mind......
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:44 am
Account Closed

would love too! I'd love to own my own shop, similar to Claires Accessories here. All girly and pink, lots of sparkly stuff. It would be fab! Mark and I briefly looked at this option, then realised that we just wouldn't be able to afford it. Everything has to be shipped in and the cost would be too much. we even checked out wholesalers across Aus and found there weren't hardly any. Never mind......
So I still need to job to save up for that...

So - what can I do ?
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:46 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Become a wholesaler then. Gap in the market
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:47 am
Banned

So - what can I do ?

Bus driver..PMSL
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

So - what can I do ?
have you looked at local government jobs? They always pay fairly well? What about looking round at the different hospitals in the area, asking about different fields of nursing, theres so much you can do including drug rep'ing! Don't despair yet. Try looking at some pharamacy web pages/pharmacy companies in your area. My mate's a drug rep and loves it.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Become a wholesaler then. Gap in the market
yeah an expensive gap due to customs costs for importing etc
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:53 am
Account Closed

have you looked at local government jobs? They always pay fairly well? What about looking round at the different hospitals in the area, asking about different fields of nursing, theres so much you can do including drug rep'ing! Don't despair yet. Try looking at some pharamacy web pages/pharmacy companies in your area. My mate's a drug rep and loves it.
Maybe drug rep'ing, I'll look into it ........but not the nursing -- REALLY want a break from that.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Bus driver..PMSL
I'd get lost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.