Wikiposts

Cosmetic Surgery

Old Jun 1st 2008, 5:41 am
Just Joined

mrs bubbly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cosmetic Surgery

Hello

Could anyone advise me on the above I am considering have liposuction in the UK but I am hoping to move to oz soon and I was wondering if anyone as had or considered having liposuction in oz. I am thinking it would be better to have it done in oz so I get the after care, but could anybody give any idea of a reputable clinic or hospital and a rough idea of costs in the queensland area.
I have had a quote of £4,200 for 3 area's by a well known london clinic.
and £3,600 by a clinic in bromsgrove.

Thank you

Mrs Bubbly
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cosmetic Surgery

I googled Australia Cosmetic Surgery and this came up! Cant comment on how accurate or reliable but might give you a starting point.

http://www.cosmeticsurgeryaustralia.com.au/
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:55 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs bubbly
Hello

Could anyone advise me on the above I am considering have liposuction in the UK but I am hoping to move to oz soon and I was wondering if anyone as had or considered having liposuction in oz. I am thinking it would be better to have it done in oz so I get the after care, but could anybody give any idea of a reputable clinic or hospital and a rough idea of costs in the queensland area.

Thank you

Mrs Bubbly
If I had the money I'd go for smartlipo. It's a laser that breaks down the fat - just search it on google.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs bubbly
Hello

Thank you

Mrs Bubbly
I would get it done here. Queensland has one of the highest rates of cosmetic surgery in the world I believe (per capita - think large % of that is on the Gold Coast) so you would think they'd be pretty good at it! My mum was going to get eyes done (she backed out in the end) but it was about half the price she would have paid in UK. Terrence Scamp on Gold Coast is supposed to be pretty good - google him to find his site. I used Robert Reed for boob job and he stuffed it up and had to have them redone. :curse:

Have a play around on the net and you should easily be able to get an idea of costs for the procedure. Word of mouth is usually best to find a decent surgeon so if you can hold off until you get here and ask around that may be best.

Good luck!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
I would get it done here. Queensland has one of the highest rates of cosmetic surgery in the world I believe (per capita - think large % of that is on the Gold Coast) so you would think they'd be pretty good at it! My mum was going to get eyes done (she backed out in the end) but it was about half the price she would have paid in UK. Terrence Scamp on Gold Coast is supposed to be pretty good - google him to find his site. I used Robert Reed for boob job and he stuffed it up and had to have them redone. :curse:

Have a play around on the net and you should easily be able to get an idea of costs for the procedure. Word of mouth is usually best to find a decent surgeon so if you can hold off until you get here and ask around that may be best.

Good luck!
I have had a tummy tuck which also incorporated lipo in Sydney. I would def wait til you come out here for the after care. I searched on the net for my surgeon and was worried sick that he could be dodgey, but since I have had him he has appeared on today tonight (to talk about a boob job that went wrong in Bali not anything about him) and womans day magazine and both gave him glowing reports. I was lucky I suppose. Dont regret it at all, in fact I have since lost 24 kg and because I had the tummy tuck done before I have no loose skin at all really and no overhang. Still would like to loose another 10kg though.

Jo
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

This guy is supposed to be one of the best around. Email him for as quote.

http://www.drlayt.com/html/liposuction.html

I know a few ladies who have used him for lipo, it's a shame he couldn't do much for their faces at the same time!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NedKelly
This guy is supposed to be one of the best around. Email him for as quote.

http://www.drlayt.com/html/liposuction.html

I know a few ladies who have used him for lipo, it's a shame he couldn't do much for their faces at the same time!
Hi,

Thanks for the link. I have emailed for a quote. We are waiting for our visa and I was looking into getting my boobs done and maybe a tummy tuck as I have lost 70lbs and could really do with the proceedures. I was quoted 7,500
euro for just a breast lift God only knows what a tummy tuck would cost here in Ireland. Anyway, thanks again
Helena (with the druppy boobs )
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks all

Now I just have to sit back and see what the cost will be.

Mrs Bubbly
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi,

Thanks for the link. I have emailed for a quote. We are waiting for our visa and I was looking into getting my boobs done and maybe a tummy tuck as I have lost 70lbs and could really do with the proceedures. I was quoted 7,500
euro for just a breast lift God only knows what a tummy tuck would cost here in Ireland. Anyway, thanks again
Helena (with the druppy boobs )
Its also worth mentioning that if you pay into a fund for a year, some cosmetic surgery is covered by them and will reduce your cost significantly. A tummy tuck for loose skin is covered I believe, a boob job isn't unless its a reduction. Worth looking into this and all surgeons will know and quote accordingly.

Jo
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future

Get in touch with the Lotus Institute in Southport, i was recomended them by my gp 8 years ago and had an eye lift, he did a fantastic job and i beleive quite a few people from overseas come over and get things done there, they have been around for a number of years and also your first consultation is free so nothing to loose really, he did a full face lift on my gp and she looked great very natural . they used to have quite a good website to. regards annie
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi all

Thank you for your replys. I have recieved a couple of estimates from different clinics, From these it looks like I will be having it done over there.
Thanks again

Mrs Bubbly