Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Old Jul 10th 2021, 8:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I think you'll find that NSW will have the final say on this. They have up till now. What they want, ScoMo will make happen. There's a general election next year as well, so they will love to have the borders open before then. Sydney is missing its world city status. Melbourne is missing it's Asian punters, students and property speculators. There's a lot of overseas money to be made up for.

My insider is in the Justice and Corrections system and privy to some fairly high level emails.
I daren't repeat most of the views and emails that I'm privy to, I value my job!
However I think National Cabinet will lay the law down, whatever they decide the law to be, regardless of the State Premiers
Old Jul 10th 2021, 9:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I daren't repeat most of the views and emails that I'm privy to, I value my job!
However I think National Cabinet will lay the law down, whatever they decide the law to be, regardless of the State Premiers
I think it's time they did just that, some of the premiers are on a power trip, revelling at the prospect of getting one over on eachother. I wish morrison would grow some balls I really do.
Old Jul 10th 2021, 1:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I think it's time they did just that, some of the premiers are on a power trip, revelling at the prospect of getting one over on eachother. I wish morrison would grow some balls I really do.
Totally agree. Morrison should be in charge but he's not
Old Jul 10th 2021, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Totally agree. Morrison should be in charge but he's not
Man up Scomo. Too much democracy, voter sucking crap from Scomo. I am very disappointed. As for Gladys, she needs to find her nuts too. She's started locking shit down here. Thats not how we roll with these apparent "world class contact tracers". There will be a mutiny if they can't find the links and they ban golf, or shut Harvey Norman. Send in the cops to drag the truth out of these pricks in South Western Sydney.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, in NSW, the Delta variant has 'laid the law down', in a rather oppositional fashion. Exponential growth in both total daily case counts (112 today, at the time that I've posted), and new "active in the community while infectious" stats ("at least 34").

There's not a chance in Hell that ScoMo, Gladys, "the National Cabinet", or anyone else will be able to force open state borders until NSW gets its own outbreak under control, and the feds get the overall vaccination initiative onto a much accelerated mRNA-based track.

In other words, having enough Pfizer / Moderna jabs for all *and* the logistics to get those shots into arms *and* a far more compelling program to get those arms to show up. Nationally.

Not many signs of that all happening just yet.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, what about Dr. Kerry Chant's pitch to those unfortunates who recently took one jab of the AZ vaccine...?

[paraphrasing]Yeah, it'll compromise the long-term effectiveness to take the second AZ shot early, but it might help a little with the current outbreak, we think, maybe.[/paraphrasing].

But no studies or data supporting that premise, nor any hope provided in terms of a fix for the longterm compromise in protection outcomes being suggested. (Because mixed-vaccine regimes were Not Invented Here... )

Wow, sign me up for that one, not.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Meanwhile, what about Dr. Kerry Chant's pitch to those unfortunates who recently took one jab of the AZ vaccine...?

[paraphrasing]Yeah, it'll compromise the long-term effectiveness to take the second AZ shot early, but it might help a little with the current outbreak, we think, maybe.[/paraphrasing].

But no studies or data supporting that premise, nor any hope provided in terms of a fix for the longterm compromise in protection outcomes being suggested. (Because mixed-vaccine regimes were Not Invented Here... )

Wow, sign me up for that one, not.
It's not about you.

What about the limo driver who refused an AZ vaccine through fear he "might" get a blood clot and die. Sure one may have died today from a blood clot which may have been linked, but so what.

Well so far his me me me me attitude, just like yours, has killed one person already, likely to be a few more, and sent Covid through 600 odd people and growing, not to mention the unaccountable other damage to people, their freedoms and livelihoods.

You are a special person.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 6:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

So what if someone died, I think we all have an idea of who the special person is in here.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 10:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
It's not about you.

What about the limo driver who refused an AZ vaccine through fear he "might" get a blood clot and die. Sure one may have died today from a blood clot which may have been linked, but so what.

Well so far his me me me me attitude, just like yours, has killed one person already, likely to be a few more, and sent Covid through 600 odd people and growing, not to mention the unaccountable other damage to people, their freedoms and livelihoods.

You are a special person.
Hey, sometimes, it has to be about "you".
We have no idea about the medical hostory of that driver, maybe he was scared of a blood clot, maybe he has a family or personal history that makes him scared.

I had a near-fatal anaphylactic reaction to a previous vaccine. It took a lot of soul searching for me to go ahead with the AZ (or in fact any) COVID vaccine. Call it selfish if you like, but putting yourself at risk of death isn't something most people do easily.

Unless you know his story, don't judge him.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We have no idea about the medical hostory of that driver, maybe he was scared of a blood clot, maybe he has a family or personal history that makes him scared.

I had a near-fatal anaphylactic reaction to a previous vaccine. It took a lot of soul searching for me to go ahead with the AZ (or in fact any) COVID vaccine. Call it selfish if you like, but putting yourself at risk of death isn't something most people do easily.

If there is a risk you follow the advise and speak to a GP.

ATAGI advise:

COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca can be used in adults aged under 60 years for whom Comirnaty is not available, the benefits are likely to outweigh the risks for that individual and the person has made an informed decision based on an understanding of the risks and benefits.

After the Sydney and surrounding area saga I would alter this advice further: (in fact I think they are altering it for 40-60's in Sydney. GO GET IT is todays new message)

COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca can be used in adults aged under 60 years for whom Comirnaty is not available, the benefits are likely to outweigh the risks for 7 million people and the person has made an informed decision based on an understanding of the risks and benefits.

This is pretty simple. If you are a risk to yourself and 7 million people you have 2 choices.

1. Don't transport international flight crew.
2. Speak to your GP about the risk AstraZeneca poses to you. If it poses a great enough risk, see point 1.

The risk is 1 in 1,000,000.

Question, if you, decided AZ wasn't for you, would you be transporting international flight crew? I know people are going to say he needed a job - he was a driver, he could be ubering of delivering amazon parcels.

Old Jul 12th 2021, 5:00 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Pollyana, sometimes it has to be about you. You never know what somebody is going through or has experienced in the past. Over here nowadays AZ is only available for ages 60-64, with free choice of Pfizer/Moderna. All others get Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson Johnson, the latter if they choose to and sign and/or agree to an indemnity clause. I hope you’ll be able to meet up with your mum soon if needed, I understand the stress this brings
, just the fact you just can’t. And that loudmouth colleague of you….very entitled and probably never experienced anything outside of his or her comfort circle. Take care.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/head...mmunity-cases/
Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And of course, right on cue

Old Oct 14th 2021, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
I agree Pollyana, sometimes it has to be about you. You never know what somebody is going through or has experienced in the past. Over here nowadays AZ is only available for ages 60-64, with free choice of Pfizer/Moderna. All others get Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson Johnson, the latter if they choose to and sign and/or agree to an indemnity clause. I hope you’ll be able to meet up with your mum soon if needed, I understand the stress this brings
, just the fact you just can’t. And that loudmouth colleague of you….very entitled and probably never experienced anything outside of his or her comfort circle. Take care.
I agree, sometimes it has to be about you. Each person has to balance the risks of taking a vaccine against the risks associated with catching Covid, especially if one has had an adverse reaction to a vaccine in the past.

One benefit of so many people exercising their right to choice (aka vaccine hesitancy) is that the mRNA vaccines are now widely available to all of the population and age restrictions have now been lifted. Its just a shame that its taken so long to get to that stage, and at such a cost to human life and wellbeing.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
I agree, sometimes it has to be about you. Each person has to balance the risks of taking a vaccine against the risks associated with catching Covid, especially if one has had an adverse reaction to a vaccine in the past.
Nonsense. It is almost impossible in NSW to receive exemption from receiving a COVID vaccine. There is no balancing required, and this check list for doctors removes all the anti vax waffle.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...indication.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.