Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Old Jun 23rd 2020, 11:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Looks good Steve - 28C sounds good right now too LOL
Haha, I was down in Scarborough last week, pretty chilly and I'd left my hoodie up here, being a tight arse I decided to shiver lol.
Old Jun 24th 2020, 11:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bournemouth Beach - WTF!!!

Grow the f**k up Souties:
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9584961.html

Old Jun 24th 2020, 11:51 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of Aussie Wuhan flu humour:

The only time that Belt and Roads Comrade Dan has made any sense
Old Jun 25th 2020, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bournemouth Beach - WTF!!!

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The UK will be in total lock down by mid August.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 3:17 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I see the toilet roll rush is on again. Went to the shops yesterday evening just in time to see someone filling their car boot with packs of toilet rolls and then on the way into the shop everyone had at least one big pack of rolls and the aisle almost out of stock. Same with rice and pasta. The in-laws in Sydney were saying this evening that they've noticed the same behaviour there.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 8:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
I see the toilet roll rush is on again. Went to the shops yesterday evening just in time to see someone filling their car boot with packs of toilet rolls and then on the way into the shop everyone had at least one big pack of rolls and the aisle almost out of stock. Same with rice and pasta. The in-laws in Sydney were saying this evening that they've noticed the same behaviour there.
unreal ain't it? Supermarkets at fault this time, everyone saw this second wave coming
Old Jun 26th 2020, 10:49 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of Aussie Wuhan flu humour:

https://youtu.be/7hOK5JF5XGA

The only time that Belt and Roads Comrade Dan has made any sense

South Africa's answer to the Wuhan flu. Spot the Aussie bush hat

Old Jun 26th 2020, 1:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bournemouth Beach - WTF!!!

I do not know what a Soutie is. Bmth though is my home town and I have seen and witnessed crowded scenes in Bmth Bay before. The problem seems to be the overall lack of respect and self respect some people showed plus that the facilities and roading was unable to deal with this amount of people. That is also not new. It has been a growing problem for decades. Too many people on too small a land mass.

From what is being related to me , it wasn't only Bmth beach. Other beaches and open spaces got the crowd hit also. Bmth often gets chosen for photo shots of this nature because of the way the bay is as the cliffs rise to both sides from Bmth pier.

Unfortunately the COVID19 message from the UK top has been wishy washy, mixed and muddled throughout, with no real set firm rules. The nation was told it was coming out of hibernation and come out on the hottest day it certainly did. It has been told restrictions are lessening so many of the nation, it seems, felt all was A OK despite that the country really isn't on top of this virus and community spread.

Oh well. I am glad I am not in the UK with its chaos or Bmth. I love my home town and county but something for the country as a whole doesn't smell healthy .
Old Jun 27th 2020, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

What is happening in Victoria is insane. 30% in quarantine refusing testing? Really? That is allowed to stand?

Reminds me of those videos from China back in February, of people gloating about "evading detection."

If I was in a COVID-19 hotspot or a returning traveller, I would want to know if I had it, I would want multiple testing and I would want to make sure I was absolutely COVID-free before returning to my family, work and community.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 3:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by carcajou
What is happening in Victoria is insane. 30% in quarantine refusing testing? Really? That is allowed to stand?

Reminds me of those videos from China back in February, of people gloating about "evading detection."

If I was in a COVID-19 hotspot or a returning traveller, I would want to know if I had it, I would want multiple testing and I would want to make sure I was absolutely COVID-free before returning to my family, work and community.
Agree. Anyone refusing testing in quarantine should be immediately charged the full amount of the cost of their stay
Old Jun 27th 2020, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou

Yep not sure what that is about. I am even more mystified why the Vic govt has taken until today to knock the "pro-choice" thing on the head.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 4:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

God forbid Australia behave any differently to the US or UK. ****wits everywhere. I wish stupidity killed.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 6:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I am not sure what the legislation would be , if legislation would be at all possible given Human Rights , but I feel that if testing seems to be required then it should be mandatory somehow. If not then refusal should come with consequences , not as a punishment but as a double lock protection for the populace of said country.. One chooses the long road or the short road. Take the test or choose payment for quarantine which comes with service and facilities plus maybe also a much longer quarantine period given the vagaries of this killer virus.

We have 71 people who arrived into NZ who have refused testing. So self centred for what is a momentary discomfort.

Anyone able to tell me what a Soutie is please?
Old Jun 27th 2020, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BEVS
I am not sure what the legislation would be , if legislation would be at all possible given Human Rights , but I feel that if testing seems to be required then it should be mandatory somehow. If not then refusal should come with consequences , not as a punishment but as a double lock protection for the populace of said country.. One chooses the long road or the short road. Take the test or choose payment for quarantine which comes with service and facilities plus maybe also a much longer quarantine period given the vagaries of this killer virus.

We have 71 people who arrived into NZ who have refused testing. So self centred for what is a momentary discomfort.

You wait. If a vaccine gets developed you watch the "Pro-Choice" morons give that a publicity beating. BLM debacles all over again.

Can't assist on a Soutie
Old Jun 27th 2020, 9:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by BEVS
It's a South African term for British people - same as Pom, Limey etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.