Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Old Aug 21st 2020, 5:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Hope it goes to plan.
me too, the boss is pretty good at booking stuff, I'm not overly bothered about coming back this side of Christmas. I'll be writing a course for them while I'm home, and the restrictions are only one way, let me put it this way, it'd better not bloody go wrong
Old Aug 21st 2020, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Enjoy!
cheers squire, I intend to
Old Aug 21st 2020, 10:48 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

The scamdemic is wearing on a bit eh?

Oh well, at least I have a Chinese Health Organisation mask to sport when the government completely loses it’s mind and makes those compulsory.

A few cases in some detention centre in QLD and now back to ‘restrictions’. Sigh.

Someone high up needs to wise up or this will be with us forever.

Do we want to focus to preventing EVERY death (It’s a bad flu, people will die, but it’s not the Black Death) or actually allow healthy people to live a life worth living?

I have shit to do, gigs to go to. We booked tickets for a Big Pineapple music festival in November recently, optimism!

WFH is still sweet tho ...
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Do we want to focus to preventing EVERY death (It’s a bad flu, people will die, but it’s not the Black Death) or actually allow healthy people to live a life worth living?
Well, on round numbers, there'd be about a million unnecessarily dead Aussies if we just let 'er rip. And, an even greater number of survivors with nasty longterm health issues.

Wait for the vaccine, champ, then you can get back to 'flouncing' all you like...
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
The scamdemic is wearing on a bit eh?

Oh well, at least I have a Chinese Health Organisation mask to sport when the government completely loses it’s mind and makes those compulsory.

A few cases in some detention centre in QLD and now back to ‘restrictions’. Sigh.

Someone high up needs to wise up or this will be with us forever.

I have shit to do, gigs to go to. We booked tickets for a Big Pineapple music festival in November recently, optimism!

WFH is still sweet tho ...
Plenty of countries and jurisdictions are succeeding with a good balance of freedoms, sensibilities and technology. Physical distancing, contact tracing, hygiene, leave your name and number when entering a bar, protect the vulnerable.

Clearly closed borders don't stop the virus and even worse leave the people complacent and damage livelihoods. That tactic is doing more harm than good ...... however its a vote winner.

Taiwan, Iceland, NSW, just to name a few. Even places like Greece are having a small second wave but they crack on with minor changes to the way they live, testing arrivals for example.

Sadly many high up are not wising up

As for outdoor gigs, agree, it can and should be done.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/sci...concert-venue/
Old Aug 30th 2020, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

Elephant in the room time, bongo said something quite sensible in his second paragraph above, and it has clearly left other posters in shock. It's ok guys we can get through this together, I'm sure normal service will be resumed soon. Thoughts and prayers.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 9:49 am
Account Closed

Guvnor booked my flights home, Hedland to Sydney via Perth and Melbourne. And yes I would have to quarantine, you can imagine my reaction. Nope, not happening . Why would that route even be an option?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Sep 17th 2020 at 9:55 am.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 11:03 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Guvnor booked my flights home, Hedland to Sydney via Perth and Melbourne. And yes I would have to quarantine, you can imagine my reaction. Nope, not happening . Why would that route even be an option?
Home sounds wonderful. The rest sounds shite! When are you off?

Old Sep 17th 2020, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Home sounds wonderful. The rest sounds shite! When are you off?
first week in October, and to be honest it's only since there's been an end date that the cracks have started showing, I'm a bit of a wreck at the moment lol.

Old Sep 18th 2020, 2:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
first week in October, and to be honest it's only since there's been an end date that the cracks have started showing, I'm a bit of a wreck at the moment lol.
That's to be expected Steve, it's been a long hard road. Your life has been one thing for so long, and now it's going to be something completely different. That brings its own brand of stress, even if (or maybe because) it's something you've been looking forward to for so long.

Try to just coast through the last couple of weeks, once you're home and settled in again you'll probably look back and think 'how the f**k did I survive that?'. Onwards and upwards mate.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That's to be expected Steve, it's been a long hard road. Your life has been one thing for so long, and now it's going to be something completely different. That brings its own brand of stress, even if (or maybe because) it's something you've been looking forward to for so long.

Try to just coast through the last couple of weeks, once you're home and settled in again you'll probably look back and think 'how the f**k did I survive that?'. Onwards and upwards mate.
cheers missus, it'll be a bit strange for sure, and my wife isn't having the whole week off when I get home. We'll be off together weeks 2 and 3 so I've had the chance to let it sink in a bit. Now there's an end in sight I'm really struggling to stay interested lol
Old Sep 20th 2020, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, my husband probably spent half our married life away from home. It can be quite a strange time readjusting to the family dynamics when you are back together. My husband felt a bit of an outsider, as the family unit was working ok without him, and I found it hard as I had been in charge, making all the decisions in his absence, so wasn’t happy when he took over. Take your time, it can work out if you both work at it.
We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary this week!!!
Old Sep 20th 2020, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tomar
Steve, my husband probably spent half our married life away from home. It can be quite a strange time readjusting to the family dynamics when you are back together. My husband felt a bit of an outsider, as the family unit was working ok without him, and I found it hard as I had been in charge, making all the decisions in his absence, so wasn’t happy when he took over. Take your time, it can work out if you both work at it.
We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary this week!!!
Ah yes, the adjustment. I stopped FIFO about 4 years ago for the first time, and neither of us knew what to expect and we had a bit of a hard time of it. This time I'll be making a conscious effort to fit in rather than take over. I only started FIFO again last year, but only after we spoke at length about the pros and cons, and what we expected from each other. I've got our en suite to finish off when o get home so I'll be occupied enough to keep me out of the pub, most of the time . Happy anniversary, that's some achievement
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

So it looks like NSW and NT will be opening up to kiwis and more importantly to their kiwi pesos on October 16. Does this mean this arrangement, which has been arranged with the New Zealand govt, will allow the All Blacks to skip quarrentine for Xmas?
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 5:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz
So it looks like NSW and NT will be opening up to kiwis and more importantly to their kiwi pesos on October 16. Does this mean this arrangement, which has been arranged with the New Zealand govt, will allow the All Blacks to skip quarrentine for Xmas?
wrong thread bongo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.