Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Old Mar 21st 2020, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus - how's everyone doing?

Hey guys. Bumbling along here. I'm back at work, have no choice but to have public contact, pregnant mothers need to be seen by a midwife. The hospitals have put huge measures in place ie; waiting in their car until they are rung to come in for their appointment. Most appointments will be home visits, prior to the visit we call them and do the majority of the assessment over the phone before heading into their home to listen to the babies heartrates.

Mums where possible are to go home a few hours after birthing etc.

baby Clacfart is well so far. He had breathing difficulties at birth and I've been warned his lungs are not strong so a little worried about that if he gets it. Cant believe he is 3 months old now.... (I'll attach a picture)

Hope everyone is going okay.

Old Mar 21st 2020, 1:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clacfart
Hey guys. Bumbling along here. I'm back at work, have no choice but to have public contact, pregnant mothers need to be seen by a midwife. The hospitals have put huge measures in place ie; waiting in their car until they are rung to come in for their appointment. Most appointments will be home visits, prior to the visit we call them and do the majority of the assessment over the phone before heading into their home to listen to the babies heartrates.

baby Clacfart is well so far. He had breathing difficulties at birth and I've been warned his lungs are not strong so a little worried about that if he gets it. Cant believe he is 3 months old now.... (I'll attach a picture)

He's gorgeous! Look at those chubby cheeks.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 2:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Aww he's a chunk!
Old Mar 21st 2020, 2:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful baby...but the mum...wow what a stunner.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 2:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

He is lovely is baby Clacfart. Hopefully his lung strength will improve with time. You keep safe out there on a front line. Baba Clacfart and Mr Clacfart, you stay healthy & out of harms way.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I have what I think is a cold or virus, but different symptoms from Coronavirus (ie, my cough is productive, not dry, and I have post-nasal drip and a hoarse throat). Still, doctor didn't want me anywhere near work - was told at first that when I got to the doctor's office, I shouldn't come in and instead "tap on the glass" and then they called back and said don't come in at all, and they did a consultation over the phone. A kind of stomach bug etc is ripping through my area which ironically, is reassuring me. Doctor told me I was "low risk" to have COVID-19 and it sounded to me like they were just triaging people into "maybe has COVID-19" and "not likely to have COVID-19" and if you were in the latter group, just stay at home and wait for whatever you have to pass . . . particularly as I never brought it up, the doctor did and rabbited on about it.

There are no confirmed cases where I live but everyone on edge. Tour buses with Perth locals have been going to regional towns like mine - perhaps bringing virus with them - to raid the IGAs and the shops, to make up for shortages in Perth - that is not just rumour, it is actually happening - locals incensed about it - there is talk of "carding" people at the check-out to make sure they actually live in the area, if they are making big buys. Some towns in the Northern Wheatbelt are already doing that, you have to produce ID at checkout so they can check your address if they don't know you. The farms around the area are taking direct orders and making home deliveries to help locals, which most have never done before. So we won't have food shortages here but we will have manufactured goods shortages. I can still find toilet paper - not every day, but maybe once or twice a week. I live on an isolated property and with an independent water supply, and the neighbours run cattle, so we're well positioned for any lockdown if it comes to that. My wife and I are just making sure the vehicles never dip below half a tank of petrol, though I don't know where people would flee to if it comes to that. Perth? It will be much worse there.

I just can't believe the schools are still open. Schools are petri dishes, cases are popping up at schools in the Eastern States and the ones around here now have a massive absentee rate (almost half) and growing every day as parents pull their kids out. Kids may be asymptomatic but they can pass it on to others, and the idea that they need to be in school so they are kept away from shopping centres etc is ridiculous. Where does the government think kids go after school?
Old Mar 21st 2020, 5:19 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy, those cheeks were made for squidging.

The baby's aren't bad either

Old Mar 21st 2020, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

What a cute young man! Take care of yourself!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2020, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Oh boy, those cheeks were made for squidging.

The baby's aren't bad either
hahaha!!

He really is a chunk. Can't believe how in love I am with him.

I've just been watching the news on what the plans are. It seems as they are going to follow Singapore's regime of checking temperatures before school. Healthcare is going to be majorly impacted.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha!!

He really is a chunk. Can't believe how in love I am with him.

I've just been watching the news on what the plans are. It seems as they are going to follow Singapore's regime of checking temperatures before school. Healthcare is going to be majorly impacted.
They should certainly have been doing thermal imaging of all incoming passengers this week (and for several weeks beforehand too!) but they hadn't even got that off the ground
Old Mar 21st 2020, 10:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Coles in Kalamunda had toilet paper this afternoon - unusual as it's usually all gone 5 minutes after opening!

We may have reached the peak of the bog roll crisis
Old Mar 21st 2020, 10:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Coles in Kalamunda had toilet paper this afternoon - unusual as it's usually all gone 5 minutes after opening!

We may have reached the peak of the bog roll crisis
I'll give you 3 packets of pasta, 2 bottles of hand sanitiser and my first born child for a 12 pack of Kleenex loo paper. For Quilton I'll thrown in the second born child and a partridge in a pear tree (pears not included in offer)
Old Mar 21st 2020, 10:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Worse thing for me at the moment is that my daughter has become unemployed for reasons beyond her control, she has no money and no chance of finding hospitality/retail work in the UK at the current time. We can't send her money as she's applying for rent assist and job seekers so she can't be having random amounts of money going into her account. Not that we can afford to send her much anyway. She's hugely stressed and so are we.
Really sorry to hear this MP, what a nightmare for you I hope the UK's 3 month ban on tenant evictions will help your daughter a bit, and that her income support application is processed quickly.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'll give you 3 packets of pasta, 2 bottles of hand sanitiser and my first born child for a 12 pack of Kleenex loo paper. For Quilton I'll thrown in the second born child and a partridge in a pear tree (pears not included in offer)
This actually made me laugh out loud! Coles here had toilet paper today for the first time in ages! Must be the police in store scaring everyone off panic buying 😂
Old Mar 21st 2020, 11:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Really sorry to hear this MP, what a nightmare for you I hope the UK's 3 month ban on tenant evictions will help your daughter a bit, and that her income support application is processed quickly.
Thanks. Now she's got over the initial panic and off loaded to her mother she's good again. Now I've got over the initial panic and off loaded to friends I'm good again. The three month ban on evictions was a huge relief. I did ask if she wanted to hop on a flight home and see it out here but there's no real point and no where for her to self isolate after the flight. She's staying put. I could really do with a cuddle from her though. Hey ho shit happens, she's safe and healthy and has a roof over her head, that's all that matters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.