Wikiposts

coral bay WA

Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:13 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default coral bay WA

what is the best time of year to go? what are the temps up there? have you been there- what info can you give me about it? Apart from the beach stuff what is there to do? ta
Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:18 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: coral bay WA

Best place in OZ in my opinion. Swim with the fish, laze away the days, pub. Go there to switch off, not to be entertained.

Go in the dry season......... cant remember the months. Some one else will come along after they have googled.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

That would be winter then

We'd love to go in March cos apparently thats when the whale sharks come in...
SIGH, one day
Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:29 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
what is the best time of year to go? what are the temps up there? have you been there- what info can you give me about it? Apart from the beach stuff what is there to do? ta
The water is too cold during winter but pretty much any other time of year is good. Easter is great.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:41 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I would echo Easter. We go every April school holidays and it is perfect.

Not a huge amount other than beach and fishing stuff. Short drive to Exmouth for a different scene and hiking. 4WD treks are good between Coral Bay and Exmouth.

I don't like Exmouth but others love it. I like Coral Bay because once you get there and pitch everything is walkable. Pub, beach, pub, beach etc etc

Last edited by northernbird; Aug 27th 2010 at 10:43 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Pretty much what Northernbird said. I love Coral Bay. Don't take lots of clothes with you. Swimmers and shorts and a t-shirt.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:52 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

we were wanting to book for next easter but it all looks booked up- any suggestions?
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:54 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

we were wanting to book for next easter but it all looks booked up- any suggestions?
waiting list is all you can do. You have to book when you leave one year for the next as there are only 2 campsites. Deposits have to be paid by the end of this month so usually if anyone is going to cancel this is one of the times that spaces come up. Other than that I can't suggest anything other than trying to get booked up for the year after.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 1:12 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

Thanks so much for that NB-helpful as always- its really difficult to get in eh? but once you have your foot in the door ....
Old Aug 28th 2010, 1:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

Thanks so much for that NB-helpful as always- its really difficult to get in eh? but once you have your foot in the door ....
Absolutely, foot in the door. Good luck.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

We wanted to go away somewhere over the xmas hols!!!! Hadn't thought of heading that direction, given us somewhere else to think about, so thank you everyone! I am guessing though it would be even more difficult to get in then do you think?

Also, do you always camp or have you tried any of the holiday homes? Just wondering about options?

Take care,
Claire xx
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by clairey b
We wanted to go away somewhere over the xmas hols!!!! Hadn't thought of heading that direction, given us somewhere else to think about, so thank you everyone! I am guessing though it would be even more difficult to get in then do you think?

Also, do you always camp or have you tried any of the holiday homes? Just wondering about options?

Take care,
Claire xx
Xmas holidays would be VERY hot. I would always head South at Christmas, not North unless you like it hot. Esperance, Albany, Denmark, Busselton.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

Thanks NB......go back to our south options then me thinks!!! and maybe look going there another time!

Do you always drive up? and if so how long does it take you...i just put it into google maps and said it was 13 odd hours

Thanks,
Claire x
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by clairey b
Thanks NB......go back to our south options then me thinks!!! and maybe look going there another time!

Do you always drive up? and if so how long does it take you...i just put it into google maps and said it was 13 odd hours

Thanks,
Claire x
Yes, we usually do it in 12 hours. We have DVD players for the kids. Take plenty of food. First year we stopped but now we just get up at 5am and get going. if you are camping it is the only way as you need the car for all your stuff.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Your'e a star....thanks for that. Will definately look at going sometime next year...when its not quite sooooo hot!!!!!!

Take care xx