Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Conversation with my missus ...

Wikiposts

Conversation with my missus ...

Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:48 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conversation with my missus ...

Originally Posted by jon and alex
I second that - mind you, I always have mine before surfing (but then I'm still in 7 Celsius waters!!!)
lol - don't miss those days at alllllllllllllllll....

Had a great surf yesterday. Pissing down with rain and 19 degrees, so had the beach to myself - not that it ever gets like Brighton Beach on the August bank holiday, but still. Just me, a couple of fishermen and two pods of dolphins... Certainly needed me Red Bull afterwards ...
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:11 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just back from the Super IGA, after we've put it all away, the missus does her regular routine of checking the receipt. She goes to me, "Do you know what the most expensive item on here is?" I look at her, "The Mortein outdoor spray?" She frowns, "Apart from that!" "Don't know then," I say. She raises her eyebrows and says, "Your four pack of Red Bull." "And?" I say. "Why did you buy it?". I sigh. "Because I like it?" She pauses for a moment, looks at me with that 'What sort of genetic experiment gone wrong is this thing called man' and says, "I like caviar - do you see any of that on the shopping list?" I'll be the first to remind her of this the next time we're in the bottle shop and she sees some Wolfblass Red Label.
She is lucky she gets you in the supermarket. I can't get my old man near one.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:14 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
She is lucky she gets you in the supermarket. I can't get my old man near one.
God help me - I'd far rather do it on my own. When she does it, it takes her half an hour to get any further than the fruit and veg aisle. She has to umm and ahh for 10 minutes over every flipping purchase. Drives me bonkers.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
Just remind her where the term "rule of thumb" comes from.
I prefer the term "under the thumb" myself.

Red Bull is foul crap - IMHO But I don't drink wine either, half a glass and I will be sick for a week. why would you drink RB after the surf
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:58 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why would you drink RB after the surf
Rehydrates me, peps me up etc etc. It's just a little ritual I got into when I started surfing in Cornwall.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:01 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Rehydrates me, peps me up etc etc. It's just a little ritual I got into when I started surfing in Cornwall.
Have you tried 'V' yet ? ....it's lovely, I think more refreshing and does the same job
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:30 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by CasG
Have you tried 'V' yet ? ....it's lovely, I think more refreshing and does the same job
Yep - I alternate between that and Red Bull ... gave that new one 'Mother' a go the other day and it tasted like brake fluid (I was young and a student ...).
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - I alternate between that and Red Bull ... gave that new one 'Mother' a go the other day and it tasted like brake fluid (I was young and a student ...).

I tried that today, it tastes like a cross between Tizer and Benylin for chesty coughs