Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:31 pm
Banned

Gnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Hi again everyone

HELP urgently needed, please!!!

I have had a PM from a lady who, with her husband, is in the process of completing the paperwork for a Contributory Parent application. They have not chosen to join in with this thread, through I have sent them a link to it and hope that they will.

The couple concerned are using an agent, but I don't know which one. Their query to me is about their employment history. Whatever the agent has sent them, they are trying to fill out some sort of questionnaire about their entire employment histories since the day each of them left school, and apparently it wants the dates and details of/with each employer. The say the problem is that they can remember the employers, but not the exact dates since they are now in their 60s and retired.

I've just had a look at both of Forms 47PA and Form 40. The latter asks about the sponsor's employment - but only in the last 2 years. I can't find anything at all about the parent-applicants' employment histories in Form 47PA - unless I'm reading it wrongly.

Is there some other form that is relevant to Parent applications that requires completion of some sort of employment history? If so, can anyone tell me which one, please, because I can't remember havaing to say anything about Mum's employment history. (Not so far, anyway.)

Alternatively, is it possible that the Agent might have sent them the wrong set of forms, do you thnk?

I don't want to cause alarm if I am the one who is missing something here, obviously. But at the same time, I don't think that what the parent does or did for a living is relevant to CP applications, is it?

Please help if you can.
Many thanks

Gnut
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:36 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DerekM
I understand that the meds and pcc are valid for 12 months so if you anticipate that you will be dealt with within the 12 months there should be no problem. Plus also if you are checked early you can resolve any problems in advance.
Derek
Just be aware that if you have to give a health undertaking then the validation time is usually 6 months rather than 12 months.

G
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

carol haycock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Just be aware that if you have to give a health undertaking then the validation time is usually 6 months rather than 12 months.

G
Only form 80, Question 20 Gnut, thats the only one I can think of.
I have until 3rd week of Nov 06 according to G to validate our visa then, interested to follow POPC timelines after 1st July on visa issue, I will keep you all posted,
Regards
Carol
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:26 pm
Banned

Gnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carol haycock
Only form 80, Question 20 Gnut, thats the only one I can think of.
I have until 3rd week of Nov 06 according to G to validate our visa then, interested to follow POPC timelines after 1st July on visa issue, I will keep you all posted,
Regards
Carol
Hi Carol

Thanks very much for the bit about Form 80. I must admit, I haven't bothered with that yet. I skimmed through it very quickly about 10 months ago now, saw that it wasn't crucial to the validity of Mum's application, so I decided it could wait till we all had more time. And then completely forgot about its existence until you mentioned it.

It is a completely ludicrous document for an old dear in her 80s to be expected to have to complete in any case. I'm more than slightly tempted to put replies like Great Train Robber, Axe-Murderer and so forth in Q20. Luckily for Mum, she's in Oz at the mo with my sister who is very placid unlike my irascible self, so my sister can have the pleasure of completing Form 80, I think!

I think Grayling is likely to be right about them giving you 6 months from your meds in which to validate. When they send you the pre-grant letter, they will tell you what the validation date will be. This document is essential reading for you at this stage I think (if you haven't seen it already):

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORM...evidencing.pdf

There is to be a meet-up in the evening on Saturday 1st July. Venue is the Solent Hotel in Whiteley, just off Junction 9 of the M27. Are you thinking of going to it? I'm undecided about it.

This will be a romp to the finishing post for you from here onwards, I am sure.

Take care and thank you again for the info about Form 80 Q20. Do you think it is enough if you just put Approx and just do your best with which year?

Many thanks

Gill

Last edited by Gnut Kracker; Jun 27th 2006 at 1:22 am.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:48 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gnut Kracker
Hi Carol

Thanks very much for the bit about Form 80. I must admit, I haven't bothered with that yet. I skimmed through it very quickly about 10 months ago now, saw that it wasn't crucial to the validity of Mum's application, so I decided it could wait till we all had more time. And then completely forgot about its existence until you mentioned it.

It is a completely ludicrous document for an old dear in her 80s to be expected to have to complete in any case. I'm more than slightly tempted to put replies like Great Train Robber, Axe-Murderer and so forth in Q20. Luckily for Mum, she's in Oz at the mo with my sister who is very placid unlike my irascible self, so my sister can have the pleasure of completing Form 80, I think!

I think Grayling is likely to be right about them giving you 6 months from your meds in which to validate. When they send you the pre-grant letter, they will tell you what the validation date will be. This document is essential reading for you at this stage I think (if you haven't seen it already):

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORM...evidencing.pdf

There is to be a meet-up in the evening on Saturday 1st July. Venue is the Solent Hotel in Whiteley, just off Junction 9 of the M27. Are you thinking of going to it? I'm undecided about it.

This will be a romp to the finishing post for you from here onwards, I am sure.

Take care and thank you again for the info about Form 80 Q20. Do you think it is enough if you just put Approx and just do your best with which year?

Many thanks

Gill
Hi

DIMA is really not interested in the exact date of employment possibly 20 years ago - an approximation will suffice.

As to your (?) earlier post re POPC staff and their Position Number - when our CP visa was granted in December 2004, the grant letter was signed by our case officer (who I had spoken to on the phone on a couple of occasions) although this wasn't known from the letter - just her name and position number were given. All the case officers have assistants who do the majority of the donkey-work and may have occasion to write to you for further info etc. They will also only have their name and position number on any correspondence - ie no job title.

They are not a large team, probably all work in one room and can cover for each other for absences etc.

.............. unless, of course, everything has changed over the last 18 months !!

Regards

Jim
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

DIMA is really not interested in the exact date of employment possibly 20 years ago - an approximation will suffice.

As to your (?) earlier post re POPC staff and their Position Number - when our CP visa was granted in December 2004, the grant letter was signed by our case officer (who I had spoken to on the phone on a couple of occasions) although this wasn't known from the letter - just her name and position number were given. All the case officers have assistants who do the majority of the donkey-work and may have occasion to write to you for further info etc. They will also only have their name and position number on any correspondence - ie no job title.

They are not a large team, probably all work in one room and can cover for each other for absences etc.

.............. unless, of course, everything has changed over the last 18 months !!

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim

Thank you so very much for taking the trouble to respond. Your points are so obviously totally accurate that they are immensely reassuring, I doubt if anything within the POPC has changed since "your day." They are blaming the current delays on a shortage of staff because demand for CP visas has been rising steadily in the last year or so, they told me.

Regards and thanks again

Gnut
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:16 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jim

Thank you so very much for taking the trouble to respond. Your points are so obviously totally accurate that they are immensely reassuring, I doubt if anything within the POPC has changed since "your day." They are blaming the current delays on a shortage of staff because demand for CP visas has been rising steadily in the last year or so, they told me.

Regards and thanks again

Gnut
Ah... the Civil Service... the same the world over:

Too much work....... but too many holidays

Not enough staff......... because not enough pay !!

Regards

Jim
Old Jun 28th 2006, 7:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Ah... the Civil Service... the same the world over:

Too much work....... but too many holidays

Not enough staff......... because not enough pay !!

Regards

Jim

Hahahahaha

You are a Treasure, Jim. I think you have hit the nail on the head, as always.

Regards

Gnut
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

Hi again everyone

HELP urgently needed, please!!!

I have had a PM from a lady who, with her husband, is in the process of completing the paperwork for a Contributory Parent application. They have not chosen to join in with this thread, through I have sent them a link to it and hope that they will.

The couple concerned are using an agent, but I don't know which one. Their query to me is about their employment history. Whatever the agent has sent them, they are trying to fill out some sort of questionnaire about their entire employment histories since the day each of them left school, and apparently it wants the dates and details of/with each employer. The say the problem is that they can remember the employers, but not the exact dates since they are now in their 60s and retired.

I've just had a look at both of Forms 47PA and Form 40. The latter asks about the sponsor's employment - but only in the last 2 years. I can't find anything at all about the parent-applicants' employment histories in Form 47PA - unless I'm reading it wrongly.

Is there some other form that is relevant to Parent applications that requires completion of some sort of employment history? If so, can anyone tell me which one, please, because I can't remember havaing to say anything about Mum's employment history. (Not so far, anyway.)

Alternatively, is it possible that the Agent might have sent them the wrong set of forms, do you thnk?

I don't want to cause alarm if I am the one who is missing something here, obviously. But at the same time, I don't think that what the parent does or did for a living is relevant to CP applications, is it?

Please help if you can.
Many thanks

Gnut

I think you've already had replies on this, but for what it's worth, I certainly didn't have to complete anything about employment for the CP visa application, although I am currently working, so it seems baffling. I'm beginning to get the feeling that agents and DIMIA are all floundering. Not too reassuring.

Nico
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Re Graylings post about Health Undertaking forms, does everyone get this and what is involved? My reading of the form states that you must report to the relevant health authority within 4 weks of arrival? I cant see anything that relates to a time limit of 6 months?
Also the form and letter is confusing (I suppose that it does not help that we frontloaded) in that the letter refers to both of us in general but to me also specifically. I presume my wife will receive an individual notification??
Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 9:33 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Re Graylings post about Health Undertaking forms, does everyone get this and what is involved? My reading of the form states that you must report to the relevant health authority within 4 weks of arrival? I cant see anything that relates to a time limit of 6 months?
Also the form and letter is confusing (I suppose that it does not help that we frontloaded) in that the letter refers to both of us in general but to me also specifically. I presume my wife will receive an individual notification??
Derek

Hello.

Health undertaking form - we certainly didn't get one of these and did not have to report to any health authority. Mind you we didn't frontload and didn't have any known medical problems - not suggesting for a minute that you have.

G wil probably pick up on this point for you.

We did get to the local Medicare office a couple of weeks after arrival to register - but that is standard practice - even if you intend to take up some sort of private health insurance as well.

When your visa grant letter is eventually issued it will cover all of you who applied at the one time on the one form - presumably yourself and your wife only ?! What we found interesting was that my wife could not enter Australia before me - not even by one day - and her visa specifically stated this! Don't ask me why - perhaps it is because there is a main applicant and a secondary one (whichever way round you have chosen to do it). We just thought it funny.

Stay cheerful - it will soon be the new visa (and tax!) year.

Regards

Jim
Old Jun 28th 2006, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

I beleive what G is saying is when you go to the panel doctor inyour countrry for your meds you will be marked on the form as class a or class b if you get 'a' you have 12 months from date of med if you get 'b' you only get 6 months from meds which to enter Aus , unless PCC exprie before this date
Old Jun 28th 2006, 12:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tabby
I beleive what G is saying is when you go to the panel doctor inyour countrry for your meds you will be marked on the form as class a or class b if you get 'a' you have 12 months from date of med if you get 'b' you only get 6 months from meds which to enter Aus , unless PCC exprie before this date
Hi all

Not quite, Tabby

You can be marked Cat B on the meds but get a 100% all-clear from the MOC without being asked for a Health Undertaking. The Undertaking is only required in a situation where the MOC thinks it is in your own best interests to be made to go and get checked over by a doctor within a specific time of arrival in Oz. For example, I think Carol said that her husband had pneumonia some years ago. I suspect that the reason why they want another squint at him soon after arrival is to ensure that the long flight, upheaval etc has not given even a glimmer of a pneumonia or other chest-germ to have a go at him.

I suspect (though I'm not sure) that shortening the validation period in these circumstances is really only a device to force the person to go out to Oz reasonably promptly post-grant, so as to ensure that a doctor who is qualified in accordance with Australia's own rules takes a look at the person concerned.

Meanwhile, thank you, Nico. Yep. I'm pretty sure that the only form that asks about one's employment history is Form 80, Question 20. Nico, your agent may not have asked you to complete Form 80 as yet. I found it in the section about Character assessment on the DIMA website. It is a heck ofa document, wanting all sorts of details (but fortunately not proof as well!) Just when I thought we had done all except one of the documents, it turned out that there are several MORE forms to fill in.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/family/character.htm

Does it ever end with these wretched forms? I blame Windows and Bill Gates for the sudden population explosion in Forms.

Cheers

Gnut
Old Jun 28th 2006, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

Hi all

Not quite, Tabby

You can be marked Cat B on the meds but get a 100% all-clear from the MOC without being asked for a Health Undertaking. The Undertaking is only required in a situation where the MOC thinks it is in your own best interests to be made to go and get checked over by a doctor within a specific time of arrival in Oz. For example, I think Carol said that her husband had pneumonia some years ago. I suspect that the reason why they want another squint at him soon after arrival is to ensure that the long flight, upheaval etc has not given even a glimmer of a pneumonia or other chest-germ to have a go at him.

I suspect (though I'm not sure) that shortening the validation period in these circumstances is really only a device to force the person to go out to Oz reasonably promptly post-grant, so as to ensure that a doctor who is qualified in accordance with Australia's own rules takes a look at the person concerned.

Meanwhile, thank you, Nico. Yep. I'm pretty sure that the only form that asks about one's employment history is Form 80, Question 20. Nico, your agent may not have asked you to complete Form 80 as yet. I found it in the section about Character assessment on the DIMA website. It is a heck ofa document, wanting all sorts of details (but fortunately not proof as well!) Just when I thought we had done all except one of the documents, it turned out that there are several MORE forms to fill in.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/family/character.htm

Does it ever end with these wretched forms? I blame Windows and Bill Gates for the sudden population explosion in Forms.

Cheers

Gnut
Thanks, Gnut, I've checked that out and had a basketful of kittens trying to think where I worked when. Oh what fun.

Cheers
Nico
Old Jun 28th 2006, 3:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nico
Thanks, Gnut, I've checked that out and had a basketful of kittens trying to think where I worked when. Oh what fun.

Cheers
Nico

Hi Nico

Its a real bundle of joy, Form 80, isn't it? Poor old Mum is in her eighties. Form 80 wishes to know the addresses of her parents and all of her siblings. The answer for the most part is, "Six ft Under: Various Cemeteries." They'll be wanting the exact grave numbers next, forsooth!!

Cheers

Gnut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.