Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Jan 27th 2007, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi
my application went in the end of feb and no sign of a co or meds request yet! i would not front load meds as they are different forms now and need to be coming from popc.
lorraine
Old Jan 27th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi
my application went in the end of feb and no sign of a co or meds request yet! i would not front load meds as they are different forms now and need to be coming from popc.
lorraine
When i spoke to POPC in Jan they told me there was no changes to the med forms due
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi
i know i thought that as well. i spoke to medical examiner that my daughter had used for her meds and they told me that now the medical requests had a stamp on the front of them with the persons photo on. so i am thinking if this is the case it might be a waste of money if you did them and then found out later that they were invalid. only what i was told so if anyone as had a recent meds request from popc maybe they can say what the form is like. it would help a lot of people i think to know this.
regards
lorraine
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We had our medicals in Dec and there was no photo on the forms and did not seem to be any different from the old forms. We applied at the beginning of Feb 2006 and now waiting to be asked to provide second payment.

Good luck to those waiting, and hope that Derek is near completion, glad your medical went well, how long do you reckon now until you get your visa Derek?

Best wishes
Linda and John.

Last edited by deci; Jan 28th 2007 at 8:22 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=deci;4334122]Hi,

We had our medicals in Dec and there was no photo on the forms and did not seem to be any different from the old forms. We applied at the beginning of Feb 2006 and now waiting to be asked to provide second payment.

Good luck to those waiting, and hope that Derek is near completion, glad your medical went well, how long do you reckon now until you get your visa Derek?

Best wishes
Linda and John.
I know the completed forms arrived in Perth on Sat so on Monday they can start processing them and by the time they have shuffled them about and written to me, I reckon another 3 weeks before I hear from them with the pre grant letter.
BTW my medical forms (Jan 07) arrived with photos enclosed, but other visa threads do say the new forms they receive have the photos embossed on them. Perhaps POPC have not geared themselves up yet.
Best wishes
Derek
Old Feb 1st 2007, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DerekM;4334526]
Originally Posted by deci
Hi,

Best wishes
Linda and John.
I know the completed forms arrived in Perth on Sat so on Monday they can start processing them and by the time they have shuffled them about and written to me, I reckon another 3 weeks before I hear from them with the pre grant letter.
BTW my medical forms (Jan 07) arrived with photos enclosed, but other visa threads do say the new forms they receive have the photos embossed on them. Perhaps POPC have not geared themselves up yet.
Best wishes
Derek
Hi everyone well we are on the move again the house we are renting has been sold and they are willing to let us out of our contract so we are of down to gosford terrigall area tomorrow to have a look around,I got quite a shock yesterday when we tried to log on to our UK internet banking and it was blocked so rang the bank up and they said there had been a problem and put us through to the fraud office and over the weekend someone had got into our account and taken £25,000 out of our account put it into our flexi account then moved it to 3 different bank accounts they realised something was wrong and blocked the account we have got the money back but it is still a shock they dont know yet how they got into the account we de bug the computer often and dont buy online so we are at a loss to know how they did it,the fraud people asked us if we used internet cafes and we did when we went to Aukland to get our visa just to check our mail,so were not sure if that has anything to do with it,I suppose we have to look on the bright side at least its not raining.
Janet
Old Feb 1st 2007, 5:41 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=FRAYNE;4349231]
Originally Posted by DerekM
Hi everyone well we are on the move again the house we are renting has been sold and they are willing to let us out of our contract so we are of down to gosford terrigall area tomorrow to have a look around,I got quite a shock yesterday when we tried to log on to our UK internet banking and it was blocked so rang the bank up and they said there had been a problem and put us through to the fraud office and over the weekend someone had got into our account and taken £25,000 out of our account put it into our flexi account then moved it to 3 different bank accounts they realised something was wrong and blocked the account we have got the money back but it is still a shock they dont know yet how they got into the account we de bug the computer often and dont buy online so we are at a loss to know how they did it,the fraud people asked us if we used internet cafes and we did when we went to Aukland to get our visa just to check our mail,so were not sure if that has anything to do with it,I suppose we have to look on the bright side at least its not raining.
Janet
gosh janet, thats awful. there are some scumbags about arent there?

so we wont be neighbours anymore?
Old Feb 1st 2007, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=FRAYNE;4349231]
Janet
Hello Janet
Good heavens, so they must have put a tracker on your email address at the internet cafe and that would follow you about whereever you used your email! And the bank must have been on the ball as well, good for them. Nasty shock tho, but all has turned out ok. Hope you find something suitable in Gosford/Terrigal area, we have been looking at that as well, there are some threads on it lying about, try the Central Coast as well if you do a search. The Cental Coast Express Advocate property mag is available online. I check it every so often. Trouble is its often 120 pages long, bit of an ar** to read online!
I am still waiting of course but should not be long now.
Bye
Derek
Old Feb 1st 2007, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=FRAYNE;4349231]
Janet
BTW Janet, better have a very good clean up on your pc, try Trend Housecall which is a free scan, there are several others, Windows also do a free scan as well. I use AD Aware and Spybot every day for spyware checks.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DerekM;4349298]
Originally Posted by FRAYNE
BTW Janet, better have a very good clean up on your pc, try Trend Housecall which is a free scan, there are several others, Windows also do a free scan as well. I use AD Aware and Spybot every day for spyware checks.
Hi Derek thanks for that we use spybot as well, the chap from the fraud department said a lot of people now buy a second computer and only use it for banking seems a bit extreem but you get a bit paranoid when it happens to you.
Janet
Old Feb 1st 2007, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Sleeping Beauty;4349272]
gosh janet, thats awful. there are some scumbags about arent there?

so we wont be neighbours anymore?
Hi SB no we wont be neighbours, we have got a month to find somewhere at least we are getting around a bit.
Janet
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:13 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DerekM;4349298]
well, i have now just installed those two. i used to have them on the computer back in the UK, but i have got out of the habit. time to get back in the habit again............
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=FRAYNE;4349231]
they said there had been a problem and put us through to the fraud office and over the weekend someone had got into our account Janet
Hi,

Just a thought on the bank scam.
Phishing for details is common on the net, ie the fake email and the "urgent" need by the XXXXX bank for you to confirm your details etc,. NEVER reply, banks dont contact you by email for this info.
I am sure you have all known that anyway but, many on BE are new to computers due to contacting and keeping in touch with family who moved to Oz or other countries.
Also, I wondered - maybe paronia, but apart from this thread which indicates we all have or intend selling up to move to Oz...most threads for all kinds of visa show up folk who are selling up.
I wonder if monitoring BE and other forums is a source of info, although I cannot imagine how anybody could "find" email info other than from ones own computer.
Most victims have used Internet Cafes or have downloaded from dubious websites, ie music, videos, hacks and cracks etc,.

I think you are lucky it was spotted and your money returned, many have lost fortunes, Ricky Gervaise (sic) ( him of The Office) Lost GBP 200,000p plus and as far as I remember...never got it back. Others have taken months and years to get money back.

We are told that if we see the little padlock icon on the base bar, it shows a secure connection, I have not used an Internet cafe so I dont know if that applies.

Your experience is a warning to us all and maybe you should start a thread on the main Aussie forum warning others - many of whom will need to use Internet cafes for the first time when they do reccies etc,.

Pleased to see you were not cleaned out...and your new life in Aussie was not blighted.

BTW,
We looked at and liked Port McQuarie, found a nice property in Lighhouse beach area... then decided that its a bit far out from daughter in Sydney. We were around Gosford/Terrigal last week looking at properties and we also looked at The Entrance, all have nice properties..the hard part is deciding which to buy!
Really bad sad news is...we have had ourthree months and come next Monday 5.30pm its Emirates food and squashed legs back to UK!
Roll on August...we hope to be back for good..via Aukland ofcourse!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:33 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=FRAYNE;4349231]
Janet
Hello Janet

Glad you've got over your shock and all has ended well.

Pity you are not down here this evening - as we are at last having our 1st meet-up at the Terrigal Crowne Plaza bar.

As Derek said, there are a few threads re this area spread around the BE forums - have a dig - and good luck.

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Vinny van Gogh;4351963]

Hi,

Just a thought on the bank scam.
Phishing for details is common on the net, ie the fake email and the "urgent" need by the XXXXX bank for you to confirm your details etc,. NEVER reply, banks dont contact you by email for this info.
I am sure you have all known that anyway but, many on BE are new to computers due to contacting and keeping in touch with family who moved to Oz or other countries.
Also, I wondered - maybe paronia, but apart from this thread which indicates we all have or intend selling up to move to Oz...most threads for all kinds of visa show up folk who are selling up.
I wonder if monitoring BE and other forums is a source of info, although I cannot imagine how anybody could "find" email info other than from ones own computer.
Most victims have used Internet Cafes or have downloaded from dubious websites, ie music, videos, hacks and cracks etc,.

I think you are lucky it was spotted and your money returned, many have lost fortunes, Ricky Gervaise (sic) ( him of The Office) Lost GBP 200,000p plus and as far as I remember...never got it back. Others have taken months and years to get money back.

We are told that if we see the little padlock icon on the base bar, it shows a secure connection, I have not used an Internet cafe so I dont know if that applies.

Your experience is a warning to us all and maybe you should start a thread on the main Aussie forum warning others - many of whom will need to use Internet cafes for the first time when they do reccies etc,.

Pleased to see you were not cleaned out...and your new life in Aussie was not blighted.

BTW,
We looked at and liked Port McQuarie, found a nice property in Lighhouse beach area... then decided that its a bit far out from daughter in Sydney. We were around Gosford/Terrigal last week looking at properties and we also looked at The Entrance, all have nice properties..the hard part is deciding which to buy!
Really bad sad news is...we have had ourthree months and come next Monday 5.30pm its Emirates food and squashed legs back to UK!
Roll on August...we hope to be back for good..via Aukland ofcourse!
Hi thanks for all the replys we have been downt to gosford and so many other places my head is spinning we looked at so many house most of them were grotty lovely photos but when we got there not so nice we are only looking for a rental at the moment we havent sold our house yet there were lots of nice ones to buy,we have to be out of here by the end of the month and its a pain going down to the central coast and back all the time we stayed over night this time and we will have to go back down next week,we too want to be nearer Sydney our son lives there and we are going to be grandparents for the first time in august.
Janet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.