Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:54 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
we have 3 spare rooms and a jetty if you want to sleep under the stars
..............how lovely, being able to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean. bliss
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi
ok now i am getting a complex someone reply to me please!
i don't seem to get any responses to my threads anymore and wondered why?
perhaps because i forget i have become part of the furniture and i feel the same, but the thread is gaining newbies all the time which is great.
lorraine
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi jane keeping my fingers crossed still for your parents that you make that flight together.
we have the shippers booked to put our stuff in storage next friday and will be in rented until we get the meds etc finally done so like you will not be about as much on here.
one question in general please. i know it as probably been covered but our thread is sooooo long now i am thinking newbies might like to know anyway.
what is the best way to deal with the funds from sale of house etc? we do not want to transfer anything to oz yet until we have the visa in our sticky mitts but want to be as ready as we can be when it finally happens.
also what is the best way to send the payment to oz? the quickest way for it to be cleared i mean. we are on the temporary visa so we will not be doing the centre link interviews etc.
thanks lorraine
Hi Lorraine
Iwould like to know thw answer to your question as well as we are new.
All the best for next Friday
Thanks Jan
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi jan
welcome and good luck with everything. you would think it gets easier this waiting game and the longer you wait realistically the closer it is getting but it is tough so it is nice to chat with someone in the same situation.
regards lorraine
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

hi jan
welcome and good luck with everything. you would think it gets easier this waiting game and the longer you wait realistically the closer it is getting but it is tough so it is nice to chat with someone in the same situation.
regards lorraine
Hi We are doing the temporary contributory visa as well it was lodged last july 2006 but have not heard anything since we were told they had received it
your life seems to be in limbo waiting to know if you will get in or not fingers crossed
Thanks Jan

t
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we are sooo close ....and yet so far! I anticipated receiving our pre grant letter this week following confirmation of the bond payment. A letter arrived on Monday from our Case Officer ...........requiring me to have another medical!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why why why, whats gone wrong? Upon enquiring it transpires that because I had to sign a Medical Undertaking Form 815 although I was given full clearance, that the medical only lasts 6 months and as it was carried out last June..........Arrgh!! Anyway another medical is arranged for Tuesday so we have lost 2/3 weeks but forging ahead again.
So it just goes to show that trying to expedite matters by frontloading does not always work in your favour. When we started our process things were taking 9 months so I thought there was plenty of time and of course normally medicals and PCC's are valid for 12 months. I will have had to repeat the PCC's and one medical during the application process, my wife of course is as fit as a flea!

Last edited by DerekM; Jan 18th 2007 at 5:48 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DerekM
Well we are sooo close ....and yet so far! I anticipated receiving our pre grant letter this week following confirmation of the bond payment. A letter arrived on Monday from our Case Officer ...........requiring me to have another medical!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why why why, whats gone wrong? Upon enquiring it transpires that because I had to sign a Medical Undertaking Form 815 although I was given full clearance, that the medical only lasts 6 months and as it was carried out last June..........Arrgh!! Anyway another medical is arranged for Tuesday so we have lost 2/3 weeks but forging ahead again.
So it just goes to show that trying to expedite matters by frontloading does not always work in your favour. When we started our process things were taking 9 months so I thought there was plenty of time and of course normally medicals and PCC's are valid for 12 months. I will have had to repeat the PCC's and one medical during the application process, my wife of course is as fit as a flea!
Hi Derek
I thought i read in one of the threads that they could extend the medicals for 6 months but i might be wrong but good luck on tuesdayWe have decided to wait until they request them just in case Regards Jan
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:39 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

why did you have to sign a medical undertaking derek?
Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
why did you have to sign a medical undertaking derek?
Not sure, the Dr's here dont know cause I asked but my suspicion is a scar on the lung from a pulmonary embolism years ago following a menisectomy (cartilage in the knee) operation. Toooooo much football and squash!! Does it pay to keep fit??
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:50 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hiya Derek

Sorry to hear this - but that's why they advise not to frontload the medicals - especially as this visa class is now taking around the 12 month mark. Easy said in hindsight especially as you want to give the whole process the hurry-up ! Good luck anyway with your 2nd one.

Regards

Jim

Last edited by Jimclevs; Jan 20th 2007 at 8:51 pm. Reason: did it wrong !
Old Jan 20th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ragtag
Hi Derek
I thought i read in one of the threads that they could extend the medicals for 6 months but i might be wrong but good luck on tuesdayWe have decided to wait until they request them just in case Regards Jan
This is true if you get classed as 'A' on the meds they will extend

Martin
Old Jan 20th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hiya Derek

Sorry to hear this - but that's why they advise not to frontload the medicals - especially as this visa class is now taking around the 12 month mark. Easy said in hindsight especially as you want to give the whole process the hurry-up ! Good luck anyway with your 2nd one.

Regards

Jim
IMO I think it does not make sense to 'frontload ' at the start of app but wait til the 5ish month stage (if you know you are healthy) as the pcc can take a month to come through and this will then give you 17 months for the process to be complete in .

This is along drawn out visa process but it is one the faster ones, as there are people who have to prove there trade and get it passed before they can even apply !

My advice if you know you meet all the critera to get in just apply wait 5 months do meds and pcc on the 7 month stage move to Aus on a 676 tourist visa ( might aswell wait in the sun )
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:15 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

hi
ok now i am getting a complex someone reply to me please!
i don't seem to get any responses to my threads anymore and wondered why?
perhaps because i forget i have become part of the furniture and i feel the same, but the thread is gaining newbies all the time which is great.
lorraine
Hmmm same here...not had an email notice of a post for a long time....just assumed I had stood on too many toes!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

hi jane keeping my fingers crossed still for your parents that you make that flight together.
we have the shippers booked to put our stuff in storage next friday and will be in rented until we get the meds etc finally done so like you will not be about as much on here.
one question in general please. i know it as probably been covered but our thread is sooooo long now i am thinking newbies might like to know anyway.
what is the best way to deal with the funds from sale of house etc? we do not want to transfer anything to oz yet until we have the visa in our sticky mitts but want to be as ready as we can be when it finally happens.
also what is the best way to send the payment to oz? the quickest way for it to be cleared i mean. we are on the temporary visa so we will not be doing the centre link interviews etc.
thanks lorraine
Don';t know about were to put money really I would say just high intrest account but which has internet banking so you can move the cash around between accounts and make sure it the same bank as you normal account as that will make it an instant transfer no waiting 2 - 3 days

As far as the quickestway to pay I would say a debit/credit card as you can tell on your account when it clears which will give idea of when they will grant , I phone them after they had taken the money and the visa grant came 2 days later

Martin
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

hi martin
thanks for that. i will soon be without my pc and will be relying on using friends etc so i just wanted to refresh in my mind the things i have yet to tackle.
i have read about ozforex and think i will move the money that way when we have the visa but until we have it, just want to make sure i am covering what is probably going to be the biggest amount of money we will ever have in our bank account being in the right place! also as you can imagine once we get asked for the money from popc there is no way we want any delays from us!!!
so sorry derek that you are set back by a few weeks it does mean so much at this late stage hang in there we are all thinking of you.
regards
lorraine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.