Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by tabby
Hi everyone.

Just wanted you to know that Mum and Dad's Case Officer phoned today to say that Visa is ready to be granted. They now have to book their flights to NZ and fax details back to POPC so they can issue the Visa.

Great news is that it took 11 months, almost to the day:

Acknowledgement 14/02/2006 and Visa Grant 15/01/2007

Tracy
Congrats to your parents Tracy, bet you've had a few

I've got my fingers crossed that Mum & Dad will be this month too. We have flights provisionally booked for the 9th Feb and as i've said be4 we all want to fly out together .

My Dad's 2nd lot of meds should arrive today/tomorrow and we have been told that the CO will rush to process it...... after all the problems they've caused us

Cheers
Jane
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.

Just wanted you to know that Mum and Dad's Case Officer phoned today to say that Visa is ready to be granted. They now have to book their flights to NZ and fax details back to POPC so they can issue the Visa.

Tracy
Hi Tracy tell your mum congratulations from me seems a lifetime ago since we left poole.
Janet
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi kathy, is there just you and your brother?
where does your brother live?
you have had to have lived in australia fro 2 years before you can become a sponsor (your parents would need sponsoring, if they meet all the other criteria, balance of family etc).
the DIMA website is good place to have a look and get all the facts. look for family type visa, and then just follow the links.
let me know your circumstances, and i will see if i can help you any further.
hope i can help, as we too are hoping our parents can come over to live.
Hi

My husband, myself and our two children are permanent residents and live in Brisbane. My brother, his wife and their two children live in the UK (I would like them over here as well, greedy aren't I My brother works in telecommunications but he is over 45 so could not come out as skilled.

I did look at the DIMA website but it can be a minefield in there. My parents might not want to move here anyway and I have only been here a year so I am really planning ahead for something that might not even happen. I do hope I can get them out here as they seemed forever young when I was in the UK but distance has changed everything and now I see them as getting old .

Thanks for your help and I do hope you manage to get your parents out here as soon as possible.

Kathy
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi Kathy

You are at least in the right thread! The Contributory Parent visa - either Temp or Permanent - would appear the way to go. You will need to be here for 2 years yourself before their application would be assessed
- and meet some financial requirements in order to be their sponsor/assurer.

There is a lot to take in which could confuse you at this stage and Booklet 3 in the DIMA website - www.immi.gov.au - is essential reading. Its all in there and, together with churning through this thread, you'll get all the info you need. This is one particular visa which I believe you can do yourselves - ie an agent is not required (in usual circumstances).

Assume that you are a PR? If you only have the one brother - no matter where he lives - your parents should satisfy the Balance of Family Test - the first step!

The current visa fee is approx Au$30k each and the AOS for a couple is approx Au$14k - I think! The visa fee is non-refundable (!) but the AOS should be repaid after 10 years. Still interested ?

I am sure that once the UK "waiters" are up and about, there may be a response from there also.

Good luck - but get to read Booklet 3.

Regards

Jim
Hi Jim

Thanks for that information.

That's very good news about my brother (who lives in England). We are permanent residents and we did not use an agent so hopefully we will be able to avoid using an agent for the contributory parent visa as well.

The fees sound different to what I thought they would be. I think what confused me is people I know whose parents live here telling me that their parents have to regularly undergo medical tests every 4 years and to prove that they still have extremely large amount of assets in order not to be removed from Australia.

What worries me about being their sponsors/assurer is that our employment has been very erratic since we have been here and I have not been able to find any work so that might be a problem.

Thank you very much for all the help you have provided and I will definitely look at booklet 3 in more detail than I did before.

Kathy
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:46 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kt.2006
Hi Jim

Thanks for that information.

That's very good news about my brother (who lives in England). We are permanent residents and we did not use an agent so hopefully we will be able to avoid using an agent for the contributory parent visa as well.

The fees sound different to what I thought they would be. I think what confused me is people I know whose parents live here telling me that their parents have to regularly undergo medical tests every 4 years and to prove that they still have extremely large amount of assets in order not to be removed from Australia.

What worries me about being their sponsors/assurer is that our employment has been very erratic since we have been here and I have not been able to find any work so that might be a problem.

Thank you very much for all the help you have provided and I will definitely look at booklet 3 in more detail than I did before.

Kathy
Hello Kathy

The CP visa was introduced in July 2004 - I think - to supplement the ordinary Parent Visa which costs very little financially but approx 12 years of your life waiting for it The CP visa basically allows you to "jump" that queue.

It looks like you have been talking with people who are out here on one of the retirement-type visas, the rules for which I think changed last year. Yes - a very large amount of money was relevant for those.

Again - the rules for those are also on the DIMA website.

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:50 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone.

Tracy
Congratulations
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Congratulations
Hi everyone as you know we are renting in Forster ,but we now realise its to far away from our son who is in Sydney,and also there is no work not that Derek has to work full time but he is going a bit stir crazy at the moment,we are going to Sydney for Australia day has our son gets his citazenship that day and we are going to look round Gloster does anyone have any opinion on the suburbs around there thanks for any input
Janet
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:21 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi everyone as you know we are renting in Forster ,but we now realise its to far away from our son who is in Sydney,and also there is no work not that Derek has to work full time but he is going a bit stir crazy at the moment,we are going to Sydney for Australia day has our son gets his citazenship that day and we are going to look round Gloster does anyone have any opinion on the suburbs around there thanks for any input
Janet
we went to forster a few weeks ago, we are about an hour/hour and half drive south from there along the coast. when you say gloster, do you mean gloucester? (the one near forster), or is it another one nearler to sydney. we have a very good family friend at gloucester, it is a one horse town, so i should imagine the job situation would be worse than forster.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

we went to forster a few weeks ago, we are about an hour/hour and half drive south from there along the coast. when you say gloster, do you mean gloucester? (the one near forster), or is it another one nearler to sydney. we have a very good family friend at gloucester, it is a one horse town, so i should imagine the job situation would be worse than forster.
When I said gloster I really meant gosford must of had to much wine on my cornflakes no wonder i am allways getting lost
Janet
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:39 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

When I said gloster I really meant gosford must of had to much wine on my cornflakes no wonder i am allways getting lost
Janet
AAAHHH gosford?.............ignore my previous comments about gloucester then janet

gosford, sorry no idea. there was a post a week or so ago about the central coast. i think gosford was mentioned. try doing a search for gosford, and see what it throws up. i must admit, i am finding it hard to find a job here, so relocation for us may be the answer.

here you go, knew i had seen one......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=gosford

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Jan 16th 2007 at 12:42 am.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

AAAHHH gosford?.............ignore my previous comments about gloucester then janet

gosford, sorry no idea. there was a post a week or so ago about the central coast. i think gosford was mentioned. try doing a search for gosford, and see what it throws up. i must admit, i am finding it hard to find a job here, so relocation for us may be the answer.

here you go, knew i had seen one......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=gosford
Thanks for that SB if you come to Forster again PM me and you could call in and have a glass or 2 of wine
Janet
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi jane keeping my fingers crossed still for your parents that you make that flight together.
we have the shippers booked to put our stuff in storage next friday and will be in rented until we get the meds etc finally done so like you will not be about as much on here.
one question in general please. i know it as probably been covered but our thread is sooooo long now i am thinking newbies might like to know anyway.
what is the best way to deal with the funds from sale of house etc? we do not want to transfer anything to oz yet until we have the visa in our sticky mitts but want to be as ready as we can be when it finally happens.
also what is the best way to send the payment to oz? the quickest way for it to be cleared i mean. we are on the temporary visa so we will not be doing the centre link interviews etc.
thanks lorraine
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:26 am
Never going back

Thanks for that SB if you come to Forster again PM me and you could call in and have a glass or 2 of wine
Janet
aahhh, thanks janet. might be there all night tho ?

xx
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

aahhh, thanks janet. might be there all night tho ?

xx
we have 3 spare rooms and a jetty if you want to sleep under the stars
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

we have 3 spare rooms and a jetty if you want to sleep under the stars
Under the stars...on a jetty. Ahh, er what happens if you roll off? Any sharks about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.