Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by Wol
Our CP application had case officer Lilyana Taleski (Sp?) who was excellent - went out of her way to keep us up to dte and helped out when things went awry. We sent a glowing letter of reference to her superiors when we eventually got the visa!
Wow, that's quite a surprise. But were you in one of the early batches of CP applicants, when things seemed to be a lot quicker? When did you apply, and how long did it take then?

Nico
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:38 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nico
Wow, that's quite a surprise. But were you in one of the early batches of CP applicants, when things seemed to be a lot quicker? When did you apply, and how long did it take then?

Nico
We applied on day1 - 1st July 2003 or 4 - I forget!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Wol
We applied on day1 - 1st July 2003 or 4 - I forget!
OK, I think that explains it. Sadly it doesn't seem to be at all the same now and they must be inundated.

Nico
Old Jun 21st 2006, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Wol
Our CP application had case officer Lilyana Taleski (Sp?) who was excellent - went out of her way to keep us up to dte and helped out when things went awry. We sent a glowing letter of reference to her superiors when we eventually got the visa!
Hi, when did you get your visa? What was the time-line? Ours seems to be taking for ever!!! But hopeful that things will start moving in July. Lodged ours 10th October 05!! Did you use an agent?

Linda
Old Jun 21st 2006, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Found you all at long last, felt like I had lost my way and you had all gone and left me. Hope the visit is all you wish for and remember you can always put some pictures on so we can see your joy. Good to be back .
Linda and John
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:24 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi, when did you get your visa? What was the time-line? Ours seems to be taking for ever!!! But hopeful that things will start moving in July. Lodged ours 10th October 05!! Did you use an agent?

Linda
As I said, we applied the very first day it started. It took IIRC about nine months
but that was more than most at the time because we were jumping back and forth between the UK and the USA, and communications were not easy. Also we had to get UK and US fingerprints done: Uk was fine but the FBI kept sending Mrs Wol's back as "unreadable". After 3 goes it was obvious that they weren't going to cooperate so DIMIA just said to sign a letter saying she wasn't a criminal and that was OK! Does make you wonder.....
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Heard today that Perth are dealing with October lodgements!
So October applicants on this thread should hopefully be hearing something soon!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:54 pm
Banned

Gnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DerekM
So October applicants on this thread should hopefully be hearing something soon!

Excellent news!! Where did you hear this, please? Did you contact the POPC? (Better still, did they contact you?) Agog to know more, though my mother's application wasn't lodged till late November, but the slightest sign of movement is very welcome news all the same.

Very many thanks for letting us all know.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DerekM
Hi Derek, wow that was good news to see! Where did you get this info?
Our visa was lodged on 10th Oct 05 - so........ hopefully, just hopefully we might hear something soon!!!! A good piece of news to start the weekend, especially as we have just decided to put our house on the market!! Had two viewings so far, one of which sounds promising - so looks as though things might start moving for us - I really hope so and for the others on this thread who I know are waiting anxiously for some news from POPC. Linda
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:07 pm
Banned

Gnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Derek, wow that was good news to see! Where did you get this info?
Our visa was lodged on 10th Oct 05 - so........ hopefully, just hopefully we might hear something soon!!!! A good piece of news to start the weekend, especially as we have just decided to put our house on the market!! Had two viewings so far, one of which sounds promising - so looks as though things might start moving for us - I really hope so and for the others on this thread who I know are waiting anxiously for some news from POPC. Linda

Hi Linda

I was thinking of you and Carol when I read Derek's post earlier. I think Carol's application was lodged sometime in September last year, so she might hear something any day now, from Derek's news today.

And the Visa-Fairy may yet grant your own wish to be a PR in Oz by the time of your son's wedding, and all.

Keeping everything crossed for you both because I reckon you and Carol will be the first out of this group to hear from a CO. Hopefully you'll have a buyer for your house soon (preferably with nothing to sell, eh?!)

Cheers

Gnut
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

carol haycock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gnut Kracker
Hi Linda

I was thinking of you and Carol when I read Derek's post earlier. I think Carol's application was lodged sometime in September last year, so she might hear something any day now, from Derek's news today.

And the Visa-Fairy may yet grant your own wish to be a PR in Oz by the time of your son's wedding, and all.

Keeping everything crossed for you both because I reckon you and Carol will be the first out of this group to hear from a CO. Hopefully you'll have a buyer for your house soon (preferably with nothing to sell, eh?!)

Cheers

Gnut
Hello Gnut, its me Carol (lodgement 21 Sept 05) and today I received a letter from my CO-shock horror as I was keeping my fingers crossed for July so am in a dazed state at the moment. Here we go parents!!!!
Good luck everyone,
Carol
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi carol
wow what good news for you hey? is that just that you have a co or was it your visa granted. i am guessing that you have a co but that is good in itself just to have some news i think.
good luck
lorraine
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by carol haycock
Hello Gnut, its me Carol (lodgement 21 Sept 05) and today I received a letter from my CO-shock horror as I was keeping my fingers crossed for July so am in a dazed state at the moment. Here we go parents!!!!
Good luck everyone,
Carol
Dear Carol

This the VERY BEST NEWS that I have heard throughout 2006!! It is absolutely fantastic news. I am so, SO pleased for you, and Linda is plainly not far behind you now.

My sister and I spent an hour on the phone to each other this morning, agonising about the silence from the POPC, wondering whether there is anything more that we could/should usefully try to do on Mum's behalf at this stage. The mutual conclusion we reached (since we are both watching this thread) is that we should just watch the thread for a while longer in view of what Derek added to it yesterday.

I am just SO excited to hear that there is some movement at last!!

I'm not surprised that you feel dazed. Have a mini-celeb tonight, I suggest!

Thank you so, so, SO much for your kindness and thoughtfulness in letting the rest of us know so quickly. I just cannot tell you how much of a fillip your news gives me.

Thanks again

Gnut

Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Hi Carol,

What fantastic news for you, hopefully this is a step in the right direction for us parents who are waiting and especially for all you good people who are from 2005. Well done.

Linda and John
Old Jun 24th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news for Carol, seems to confirm what I had heard! My own lodgement date is 21 Dec so patience, 'cigar cigar' - slowly slowly as the Cypriots say! Anyway lets hope it all goes smoothly for Carol and that matters speed up a bit for everyone.
Best wishes to all, keep the info flowing it lifts us all up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.