British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   complain or grin & bare it? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/complain-grin-bare-478115/)

black cat Aug 31st 2007 1:27 pm

complain or grin & bare it?

what would you do?:confused: As some of you know we went for our meds yesterday. Our appt was for 3.30 for xrays (2 of us) then on to see the Dr. Had our x rays pretty much on time, then sat in waiting room with 2 bored small kids for ages waiting to see the Dr. oh went of with the nurse for height weight etc etc. He comes back i expect to be called next for the same treatment, no, more waiting. Finally Dr comes to get us for our meds to find out me and the kids havent been sorted.:frown: She goes off, finally nurse comes and gets the rest of us. To cut a long story short we finally get to see the Dr at 5.30( dr very angry as we were ment to be her last appt of the day at 4.20!) not leaving the clinic till gone 6, 2 very hungry ratty kids in tow. But never mind we think thats the ( hopefully last ) hurdle to getting the visa. :unsure:
Ring up the clinic today to say we are going to arrange a courier to pick up the results next thursday to be told... Dr has gone on holiday and they wont be ready till a week next tuesday. On the basis this has cost over £500 would you complain about the level of service?:mad:
Sorry rant over!!;)

GinaUK Aug 31st 2007 1:33 pm

Re: complain or grin & bare it?

I would definitely not "bare" it, or you might find yourself getting arrested - and then you run into trouble with the police check ;).

Gina

penky Aug 31st 2007 1:37 pm

Depends how strongly you feel about it I guess, you have paid a lot of money to them and if you had paid that amount of money anywhere else you prob wouldn't think twice about complaining. I think if you write a letter - politely stating your case, you get a better response that being angry with them.

So I would say yes, but Im bias today, coz I complained to my bank that Im remortgaging with for the shoddy service and the mistakes they made with my mortgage and not only did they refund me money for the last few months, today I recieved a gift hamper from them, so go for it girl!! :thumbsup:

black cat Aug 31st 2007 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by GinaUK (Post 5256791)
I would definitely not "bare" it, or you might find yourself getting arrested - and then you run into trouble with the police check ;).

Gina

oh cr** , forgot to spell check!! thank goodness have the police checks all ready!!:rofl::rofl:

black cat Aug 31st 2007 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by penky (Post 5256801)
Depends how strongly you feel about it I guess, you have paid a lot of money to them and if you had paid that amount of money anywhere else you prob wouldn't think twice about complaining. I think if you write a letter - politely stating your case, you get a better response that being angry with them.

So I would say yes, but Im bias today, coz I complained to my bank that Im remortgaging with for the shoddy service and the mistakes they made with my mortgage and not only did they refund me money for the last few months, today I recieved a gift hamper from them, so go for it girl!! :thumbsup:

Well done,:thumbsup::thumbsup:( what did your hamper have in?) In any other circumstances I would complain, just worried if i complain now they will either fail our meds or delay them even more!! ( bit like complaining in a restaurant you know they're going to spit in your food or something equally as nasty!:confused_smile:)

Wendy Aug 31st 2007 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by black cat (Post 5256907)
Well done,:thumbsup::thumbsup:( what did your hamper have in?) In any other circumstances I would complain, just worried if i complain now they will either fail our meds or delay them even more!! ( bit like complaining in a restaurant you know they're going to spit in your food or something equally as nasty!:confused_smile:)

They have absolutely bearing on thr outcome of your medicals. All they do is record your details, the LCU do all the analysing and stuff and ultimately if you aren't going to pass it's up to the LCU and your CO not your panel doctor :)

hitchcock71 Aug 31st 2007 2:04 pm

i would complain if it was me

............ i gather you did not wear your friday night undies then ?????:;)

did they ask you for the red bks at the med's ???

black cat Aug 31st 2007 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5256924)
They have absolutely bearing on thr outcome of your medicals. All they do is record your details, the LCU do all the analysing and stuff and ultimately if you aren't going to pass it's up to the LCU and your CO not your panel doctor :)

can't they recomend the lcu to pass or fail you?:confused:

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5256933)
i would complain if it was me

............ i gather you did not wear your friday night undies then ?????:;)

did they ask you for the red bks at the med's ???

No just found a vaguely matching set:rofl:,as to the red books, Dr thought they were quite handy but not a necessity.

hitchcock71 Aug 31st 2007 2:23 pm

so oh knew he was not on a promise then:rofl:;););)

Wendy Sep 1st 2007 12:21 am

Originally Posted by black cat (Post 5257006)
can't they recomend the lcu to pass or fail you?:confused:

Nope :)

Not unless they put something untrue on your form :sneaky: but then they'd be sacked :D

penky Sep 1st 2007 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by black cat (Post 5256907)

thanks! :D
its got wine, cheese , dips, breadsticks and crackers in it.

in that case, why not wait till they post it if your worried and then write a complaint, maybe they'll reimburse you something?? :)

black cat Sep 1st 2007 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by penky (Post 5260508)
thanks! :D
its got wine, cheese , dips, breadsticks and crackers in it.

in that case, why not wait till they post it if your worried and then write a complaint, maybe they'll reimburse you something?? :)

No caviar or fancy choccies?
Definitely going to write a strongly worded letter once everything has been sent, it just such a pain in the a*** that meds going to arrive a week later then we'd hoped- with the delays all ready at LCU, sooo frustrating.:curse::curse: