Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comparing- Its not a good idea

Comparing- Its not a good idea

Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:45 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparing- Its not a good idea

Originally Posted by aston man
mate,,you say what you like youve got as much right to post as someone who has posted 5000 times...

i was only saying ,jezuss we can all have a chat without calling each other stuff as has happen in another thread runnig now...

lifes to short...
your stealing my lines ya bugga !!!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:48 am
Banned

bstardo will become famous soon enough

a,

agree with you my firend, I havent done any name calling.

Heres my dig tho.

Perth.

from what I can summarise, its a overun british enclave, with rampant rapists, gun and drug crime rife, muderers on every corner, expensive houses, nothing to do, shops open 5 hours a day, billions of flies, force ten gales, crap airport, 3 tourist attractions, and its bases in the galaxy far far far away from any civilisation you have to get captain kirk to transport you....

oh and thats not including the 1 million alcholics slumped in the pacement gutters 24 hours a day....

and when you dont like that you head to Brisbane, which is becoming more pronounce

Originally Posted by aston man
mate,,you say what you like youve got as much right to post as someone who has posted 5000 times...

i was only saying ,jezuss we can all have a chat without calling each other stuff as has happen in another thread runnig now...

lifes to short...
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:52 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bstardo
a,

Heres my dig tho.

Perth.

from what I can summarise, its a overun british enclave, with rampant rapists, gun and drug crime rife, muderers on every corner, expensive houses, nothing to do, shops open 5 hours a day, billions of flies, force ten gales, crap airport, 3 tourist attractions, and its bases in the galaxy far far far away from any civilisation you have to get captain kirk to transport you....

oh and thats not including the 1 million alcholics slumped in the pacement gutters 24 hours a day....

and when you dont like that you head to Brisbane, which is becoming more pronounce
OK...i'll bite....you talking bout Perth or Manchester?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

nice, those remarks were most welcomed.

7 o'clock in QLd and your sat behind your PC. enjoy.
mmm 7 o'clock in Qld and its dark and its blowing a cyclone outside. In front of the pc seems an excelelnt place to be.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:02 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

a,

Heres my dig tho.

Perth.

You got it in one, except the bit about the pavements (I assume that's what you meant), 'cos Perth doesn't have many of those.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:03 am
Banned

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
OK...i'll bite....you talking bout Perth or Manchester?

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

a,

Heres my dig tho.

Perth.

You think this because???? Overrun compared to what? rampant rapists? gun and drug crime rife? compared to what?

Sanctuary Cove or Nerang - compare - sorry but it's not just down to budget. it down to what YOU want, what you have come from and what you expect to get. You could have several million in the bank but not want to be near the water. You may want to be closer to the motorway and to the Hinterland and have acreage.

Other people base their decisions on other stuff. Just because you don't like how they make their decisions doesn't make them wrong and you right.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:15 am
Banned

see your comparing, the only place you can compare Perth with is Perth..

Think I have exhausted this thread as its going no-where...my point is not a valid one, and the replies have pretty much summarised my feeling of perceptions and feelings of expats living down under.

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You think this because???? Overrun compared to what? rampant rapists? gun and drug crime rife? compared to what?

Sanctuary Cove or Nerang - compare - sorry but it's not just down to budget. it down to what YOU want, what you have come from and what you expect to get. You could have several million in the bank but not want to be near the water. You may want to be closer to the motorway and to the Hinterland and have acreage.

Other people base their decisions on other stuff. Just because you don't like how they make their decisions doesn't make them wrong and you right.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Think I have exhausted this thread as its going no-where...my point is not a valid one, and the replies have pretty much summarised my feeling of perceptions and feelings of expats living down under.
Are you actually English? Just wondering because the articulation - or lack thereof - in your posts would suggest that English may not be your first language.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:25 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

You've had about 20 replies....how can that summarise your feelings about expats living down under unless those feelings were already set?

The best thing about BE is the networking. You can gain great friends in real life, get great support, advice and encouragement and have a good laugh.

However, nothing is set in stone, there are no right or wrongs, pretty much just like in real life. Loads of opinions to be cyphered through, some of which you may heed and some of which you may think are a load of tosh....again, just like in real life.

Don't worry about the odd argument....give BE a go, and good luck on your emigration
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Look Im not on here to wind people up, or troll around as you regulars put it.

Its an observation, maybe my intial post should have been tamer, appears some sensitive people on here assume I am slagging of the forum. This isnt the case.
Comparing like for like is perfectly valid and I'd also recommend people did this.

It's probably just the way you came across.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by rabsody
Are you actually English? Just wondering because the articulation - or lack thereof - in your posts would suggest that English may not be your first language.

That's what I thought too - I think it's just a wind-up
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rabsody
This is one of those I am high and mighty educated responses, I expected.

Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Comparing like for like is perfectly valid and I'd also recommend people did this.

It's probably just the way you came across.
I would say this is valid too, its when you compare apples with pears like someone pointed out a few replies further up.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:16 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Your point being?
Don't feed the hairy toed creatures that live under the bridge waiting for Billy Goat Gruff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.