Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comparing- Its not a good idea

Comparing- Its not a good idea

Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:06 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparing- Its not a good idea

Originally Posted by bstardo
I am new to this forum, found via my husband , mentioning it a few weeks ago, but he doesnt view them anymore due to his annoyance with some posts.

As a new comer, what I can see is too many people comparing one place with another, when its not like for like... you cant logically do it, and its not mathematically correct to do so.

All the polls are wrong, and comparison threads ill thought of, as that plants the seed of doubt, on whether you dont the wrong thing, as your intial though wont be "We have done the right thing" will it.

Land open your bag, settle down and make it your home, accept your new country and embrace it. If you dont like it go in peace, and take the positives, with you.

Its awful to read people bragging why one place is better tha the other, Id hate to live in perth say for the last 30 years and someone slag it off to the ninth degree.

just my say thats all
Id rather read most threads on here than some drivelling nob moaning innacurately about our forum.

Join your old man, on the couch, whack Corrie on and enjoy !
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:06 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

fluff,

dont get me wrong the name just come to me, maybe I cause reaction,
Think you have become sensitive about my post, I find it hard to understand comparisons, unless a set criteria has been set.

Ie- if you gave you and I $10k to go and buy the best possible car, and we had 2 days, to do it and bring it back, and we had to compare to find the best, within that budget, then its fair.

We could banter till the cows come home.

Here's one for you, perth is a goldfish bowl, you go around and around.

Did this chap or lady actually study the Australian history or demographics society or culture. I bet not, somewhere along the line the comparison will be with London New York or a made of utopia...

Whateva - g'night!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:08 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Whateva - g'night!
Some ppl are weird, its not like we are always comparing ffs.

Im sure my dick grew another 2 mm over night, how bout yours?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:09 am
Banned

bstardo will become famous soon enough

nice, those remarks were most welcomed.

7 o'clock in QLd and your sat behind your PC. enjoy.

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Id rather read most threads on here than some drivelling nob moaning innacurately about our forum.

Join your old man, on the couch, whack Corrie on and enjoy !
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:10 am
Banned

nice, those remarks were most welcomed.

7 o'clock in QLd and your sat behind your PC. enjoy.
Your point being?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:10 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

I am new to this forum, found via my husband , mentioning it a few weeks ago, but he doesnt view them anymore due to his annoyance with some posts.

As a new comer, what I can see is too many people comparing one place with another, when its not like for like... you cant logically do it, and its not mathematically correct to do so.

All the polls are wrong, and comparison threads ill thought of, as that plants the seed of doubt, on whether you dont the wrong thing, as your intial though wont be "We have done the right thing" will it.

Land open your bag, settle down and make it your home, accept your new country and embrace it. If you dont like it go in peace, and take the positives, with you.

Its awful to read people bragging why one place is better tha the other, Id hate to live in perth say for the last 30 years and someone slag it off to the ninth degree.

just my say thats all
black ,white,east ,west...

for fluck sake who gives a shite...

why cant we all just get along...
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we were. We love our lives, we loved it in the UK. It is human nature to do something or buy something or have something happen and imagine the same scenario in the UK. You'd learn nothing about life if you didn't. Why does what other people do bother you Do you not have conversations with your husband when something happens in a shop say, and laugh about what the reaction would be if the same thing happened in the UK? I think you'd be very very odd and unusual if you don't.

If you don't like the concept of a public forum where people chat and converse on stuff that holds no interest to you, perhaps find another forum that fulfills your requirements.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think we were. We love our lives, we loved it in the UK. It is human nature to do something or buy something or have something happen and imagine the same scenario in the UK. You'd learn nothing about life if you didn't. Why does what other people do bother you Do you not have conversations with your husband when something happens in a shop say, and laugh about what the reaction would be if the same thing happened in the UK? I think you'd be very very odd and unusual if you don't.

If you don't like the concept of a public forum where people chat and converse on stuff that holds no interest to you, perhaps find another forum that fulfills your requirements.
Karma sent !!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:24 am
Banned

ok, heres my point,

I am going to live on the GC. lets compare Sanctuary Cove and Nerang.

wOULD YOU NOT THINK THE FIRST QUESTION IS, WHATS YOUR BUDGET,

otherwise the diappointment sinks in that I cant afford to live in SC and Nerang as a 2nd option never meets my expectations......

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:25 am
Banned

Look Im not on here to wind people up, or troll around as you regulars put it.

Its an observation, maybe my intial post should have been tamer, appears some sensitive people on here assume I am slagging of the forum. This isnt the case.

Originally Posted by aston man
black ,white,east ,west...

for fluck sake who gives a shite...

why cant we all just get along...
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:30 am
Banned

ok, heres my point,

I am going to live on the GC. lets compare Sanctuary Cove and Nerang.

wOULD YOU NOT THINK THE FIRST QUESTION IS, WHATS YOUR BUDGET,

otherwise the diappointment sinks in that I cant afford to live in SC and Nerang as a 2nd option never meets my expectations......

Comparing ... Apples and Pears is never good...

Its an observation, maybe my intial post should have been tamer, appears some sensitive people on here assume I am slagging of the forum. This isnt the case.
Troll did spring to mind... Id hazzard a guess youve been here before under another guise.

If not.. then, compare apples for apples..

Ie 3 bed house OLDHAM for a 3 bed house PAC Pines.

Its a fair question, both large estates, with a minority of english..
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:34 am
Banned

you just answered the original thread, thank-you.

do you think poor comparisons then lead to deluded migrants slagging off Australia then or the place, as it doesnt meet there expectations and therefor its harder to settle....

thats when the opionions and forum discussions come into their own..if people were really honest...

Comparing ... Apples and Pears is never good...

Troll did spring to mind... Id hazzard a guess youve been here before under another guise.

If not.. then, compare apples for apples..

Ie 3 bed house OLDHAM for a 3 bed house PAC Pines.

Its a fair question, both large estates, with a minority of english..
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:38 am
Banned

you just answered the original thread, thank-you.

do you think poor comparisons then lead to deluded migrants slagging off Australia then or the place, as it doesnt meet there expectations and therefor its harder to settle....

thats when the opionions and forum discussions come into their own..if people were really honest...
Your original THREAD as you put it, is Comparing - its not a good idea

I think it best you perhaps dig deeper than the 2 or perhaps 3 weeks, you say , you guys have been visiting the site, and get to know some stuff.. cos your back peddaling against the tide !
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:40 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

mate,,you say what you like youve got as much right to post as someone who has posted 5000 times...

i was only saying ,jezuss we can all have a chat without calling each other stuff as has happen in another thread runnig now...

lifes to short...
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:44 am
Banned

comparing apples and pears is a bad idea like you said, and that is what I see alot in this forum.

My suggestion is find your baseline, and go for that, again like you said this forum offers you to find experiences etc.

Although I find it hard to believe ill decisions on the writers behalf have led to ill and misconcieved posts due to poor decisions which havent reflected the truth.

back pedallaing, whats that about?

Your original THREAD as you put it, is Comparing - its not a good idea

I think it best you perhaps dig deeper than the 2 or perhaps 3 weeks, you say , you guys have been visiting the site, and get to know some stuff.. cos your back peddaling against the tide !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.