Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comparing- Its not a good idea

Comparing- Its not a good idea

Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:40 am
Banned

bstardo will become famous soon enough
Default Comparing- Its not a good idea

I am new to this forum, found via my husband , mentioning it a few weeks ago, but he doesnt view them anymore due to his annoyance with some posts.

As a new comer, what I can see is too many people comparing one place with another, when its not like for like... you cant logically do it, and its not mathematically correct to do so.

All the polls are wrong, and comparison threads ill thought of, as that plants the seed of doubt, on whether you dont the wrong thing, as your intial though wont be "We have done the right thing" will it.

Land open your bag, settle down and make it your home, accept your new country and embrace it. If you dont like it go in peace, and take the positives, with you.

Its awful to read people bragging why one place is better tha the other, Id hate to live in perth say for the last 30 years and someone slag it off to the ninth degree.

just my say thats all
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:44 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Comparing- Its not a good idea

Originally Posted by bstardo
I am new to this forum, found via my husband , mentioning it a few weeks ago, but he doesnt view them anymore due to his annoyance with some posts.

As a new comer, what I can see is too many people comparing one place with another, when its not like for like... you cant logically do it, and its not mathematically correct to do so.

All the polls are wrong, and comparison threads ill thought of, as that plants the seed of doubt, on whether you dont the wrong thing, as your intial though wont be "We have done the right thing" will it.

Land open your bag, settle down and make it your home, accept your new country and embrace it. If you dont like it go in peace, and take the positives, with you.

Its awful to read people bragging why one place is better tha the other, Id hate to live in perth say for the last 30 years and someone slag it off to the ninth degree.

just my say thats all
I would rather read a thread about someones experiences/ thought/ opinions on a particular place as opposed to reading this kind of pointless drivvel!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:46 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

just my say thats all
Well that's how this forum works. If you don't like different opinions, then maybe you shouldn't post.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:47 am
Banned

just my say thats all
I find some of the posts drivel, but if you like to read about how a beach in Perth or Brisbane is better than Southport, hos does that stack it.

or how someone was robbed, its like crimewatch on here. Some one has a pipe leak, they report it to BE, whats happened to picking up the white pages, and sorting it out.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:48 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Well that's how this forum works. If you don't like different opinions, then maybe you shouldn't post.
Posting is ok...if you don't like different opinions just don't read
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
No dont mistake me, I like the opionions, just you cant compare somethings, as there is no competition between them.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

No dont mistake me, I like the opionions, just you cant compare somethings, as there is no competition between them.
I can't help compare though, it's human nature...mines bigger than your's
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:55 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

I find some of the posts drivel, but if you like to read about how a beach in Perth or Brisbane is better than Southport, hos does that stack it.

or how someone was robbed, its like crimewatch on here. Some one has a pipe leak, they report it to BE, whats happened to picking up the white pages, and sorting it out.
It's called a community Bstardo! It's about networking, communicating with others and - heaven forbid[!] making friends!(interesting name by the way - wondering if it was created purely for the purpose of causing trouble)?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:55 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

*head scratching*

So, if you dont compare the differences how will you know which place suits you best?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:56 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
*head scratching*

So, if you dont compare the differences how will you know which place suits you best?
Eeny Meeny Miny Mo....
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:58 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Eeny Meeny Miny Mo....

dont post the punchline you'll get banned
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:59 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

dont post the punchline you'll get banned
I'm probably getting banned anyway
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:02 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
I'm probably getting banned anyway
Oh! Well nice knowing you...briefly
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:03 am
Banned

fluff,

dont get me wrong the name just come to me, maybe I cause reaction,
Think you have become sensitive about my post, I find it hard to understand comparisons, unless a set criteria has been set.

Ie- if you gave you and I $10k to go and buy the best possible car, and we had 2 days, to do it and bring it back, and we had to compare to find the best, within that budget, then its fair.

We could banter till the cows come home.

Here's one for you, perth is a goldfish bowl, you go around and around.

Did this chap or lady actually study the Australian history or demographics society or culture. I bet not, somewhere along the line the comparison will be with London New York or a made of utopia...

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
It's called a community Bstardo! It's about networking, communicating with others and - heaven forbid[!] making friends!(interesting name by the way - wondering if it was created purely for the purpose of causing trouble)?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:05 am
Account Closed

fluff,

dont get me wrong the name just come to me, maybe I cause reaction,
Think you have become sensitive about my post, I find it hard to understand comparisons, unless a set criteria has been set.

Ie- if you gave you and I $10k to go and buy the best possible car, and we had 2 days, to do it and bring it back, and we had to compare to find the best, within that budget, then its fair.

We could banter till the cows come home.

Here's one for you, perth is a goldfish bowl, you go around and around.

Did this chap or lady actually study the Australian history or demographics society or culture. I bet not, somewhere along the line the comparison will be with London New York or a made of utopia...

Hey, come on, it's Sat night, chill

Have some of my home brew...gives you great wind. It'll be a breeze.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.