Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Common sense and fairness at last!

Wikiposts

Common sense and fairness at last!

Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:04 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Common sense and fairness at last!

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
unfortunately my other policy of a 9mm round to the head for convicted paedophiles might not go down too well in Limp Dem land :-)
My Dad caught a bloke with a very young girl on a tip.He battered him,broke the guy's ribs and made a right mess of him.After dragging him to the police station ,Dad was promptly thrown in the cell for assault.
Now Dad was a bare knuckle boxer and and the police knew him from his reputation as a fighter.A senior policeman let him out and told him to go home and they would take care of it.That was in the 50s.
You'd get sent down for that now without a doubt.
At least one pedo got his comeuppance.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 5:07 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CEM
Exactly the rant I had with my friends on our walk this morning!! It took us two hours to discuss - you've done better than us!
Now all we have to do is get elected.....
You don't want him as PM......Trust me
Old Oct 6th 2010, 5:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thousands of bereaved parents could lose out on widows’ pensions worth hundreds of pounds a month after being stripped of their child benefit payments, it has emerged. Charities warned that an estimated one in 20 widowed parents has an income of more than £44,000, meaning that they would be hit by the decision to withdraw child benefit from higher rate tax payers.
In addition, they may also now miss out on more than £5,000-a-year in Widowed Parents Allowance, which is paid only to those who are also claiming child benefit.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 5:53 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thousands of bereaved parents could lose out on widows’ pensions worth hundreds of pounds a month after being stripped of their child benefit payments, it has emerged. Charities warned that an estimated one in 20 widowed parents has an income of more than £44,000, meaning that they would be hit by the decision to withdraw child benefit from higher rate tax payers.
In addition, they may also now miss out on more than £5,000-a-year in Widowed Parents Allowance, which is paid only to those who are also claiming child benefit.
further proofit was thought up 5 mins before on the back of a fag packet
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

further proofit was thought up 5 mins before on the back of a fag packet
Exactly. Not a lot of thought went into that plan, did it
Old Oct 6th 2010, 7:43 am
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rasen78
You don't want him as PM......Trust me
Oh no, he's in charge of social justice!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 7:49 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CEM
Oh no, he's in charge of social justice!
can I not just be in charge of justice? Judge Dredd would be a suitable role model
Old Oct 6th 2010, 8:00 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

can I not just be in charge of justice? Judge Dredd would be a suitable role model
Ken's giving him a run for his money

Not seen him shuffling round Morrisons lately tho
Old Oct 6th 2010, 8:05 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Originally Posted by rasen78
Ken's giving him a run for his money

Not seen him shuffling round Morrisons lately tho
disagree, Ken's turned into a pussy all thatcrap about only locking up really bad offenders and letting people jailed for less than 6 months do community loafing instead

now if they had to do CS in pink jumpsuits cleaning out cesspits etc then maye
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:04 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Common sense and fairness at last!

(Source).

Good to see Cameron making the tough decisions.
    Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:11 pm
    Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
    • British Prime Minister David Cameron has urged the public to "pull together" ahead of stinging public sector cuts, saying there was "no other way" to firm up the economy.

In his first speech as premier to his Conservative party's annual conference, Mr Cameron acknowledged Britons were "anxious" about the cuts, which will be fully unveiled on October 20. But dismissing the fears of "cynics", he voiced optimism that the nation could handle the tough times ahead, echoing the World War I rallying call: "Your country needs you."

"I know how anxious people are," Mr Cameron told the conference in Birmingham, central England. "I wish there was another way. I wish there was an easier way. But I have to tell you: there is no other responsible way."

The Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition inherited a record deficit of $256 billion from the outgoing Labour government led by Gordon Brown. Mr Cameron said Britain would spend $71 billion on debt interest payments alone this year.

The government's public sector cuts are expected to average around 25 percent over four years in many departments and Mr Cameron's plans have prompted threats of co-ordinated strike action by trade unions.
    (Source).

Yes, one thing that gives me hope for the UK is that the new government there is really trying to take strong action to reduce this debt - unlike a lot of other countries ie the US. He needs to go further though and take a chainsaw to welfare, the civil service etc.
    Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:16 pm
    Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
    Yes, at last Britain has hope
    Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:23 pm
    BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
    Yes, at last Britain has hope
    I agree. If there is any hope for the UK then it is to be found in the hard choices like massive cuts. British debt is awesome, practically impossible to pay off, and this is a good start. I read somewhere that Labour's legacy to the British people is that now the interest on British debt - just the interest payments - is now bigger than the entire defence budget, and the British defence budget is not small either, it's one of the world's biggest as a percentage of GDP.

You have to be nervous about what October 20 will bring though.
    Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:32 pm
    Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seneca21
    I agree. If there is any hope for the UK then it is to be found in the hard choices like massive cuts. British debt is awesome, practically impossible to pay off, and this is a good start. I read somewhere that Labour's legacy to the British people is that now the interest on British debt - just the interest payments - is now bigger than the entire defence budget, and the British defence budget is not small either, it's one of the world's biggest as a percentage of GDP.

You have to be nervous about what October 20 will bring though.
    It's criminal what Liebour did to our country. Hopefully they'll never be elected again

I agree, October 20th is around the corner but it's really laying out the detail of all that's been talked about this last few months. OH's last day at work on that day and mine is 2 days after that. At least we can't be laid off . Oops, OH already has been.
    Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:01 pm
    ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by LouiseR
    Why should you have to pay more tax for having 3 children? Especially if you're not receiving any benefits for them.
    Maybe to cover the extra education costs ? ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.