Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

And so here I am, entering my second decade as an expat.......

Old Nov 12th 2013, 9:42 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little note for all those posters who have spent years trying to convince me that Emikrap, and Dubai Airport, are much better than they were in 2000.
Well, I've got news for you - they aren't

Dubai is a pit, big, nfriendl,y they could learn a lot from Changi. And Emikrap.....well if t wasn't for the points I'd desert the alliance, as it is I shall try and avoid Emikrap operated sectors.
Food was disgusting, nowhere near Qantas standards. After calling the crew four times to try and get a bottle of water I ended up just walking to the galley which was a bit tricky with people kneeling in the aisles praying
The 14 hours DXB - BNE leg ran out of beer somewhere near India
And I ended up telling one crew member that if I am asleep its because I want to be asleep so please do not wake me up every hour to offer me something. I use the flights to catch up on sleep, being woken up every hour for 6 hours just makes me VERY grumpy....as he found out!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 9:53 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just a little note for all those posters who have spent years trying to convince me that Emikrap, and Dubai Airport, are much better than they were in 2000.
Well, I've got news for you - they aren't

Dubai is a pit, big, nfriendl,y they could learn a lot from Changi. And Emikrap.....well if t wasn't for the points I'd desert the alliance, as it is I shall try and avoid Emikrap operated sectors.
Food was disgusting, nowhere near Qantas standards. After calling the crew four times to try and get a bottle of water I ended up just walking to the galley which was a bit tricky with people kneeling in the aisles praying
The 14 hours DXB - BNE leg ran out of beer somewhere near India
And I ended up telling one crew member that if I am asleep its because I want to be asleep so please do not wake me up every hour to offer me something. I use the flights to catch up on sleep, being woken up every hour for 6 hours just makes me VERY grumpy....as he found out!
I didn't know Ryanshite were doing long haul.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 9:58 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I didn't know Ryanshite were doing long haul.
I reckon even they would be better than Emikrap!!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 10:08 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon even they would be better than Emikrap!!
Think i'll stick to Singaporalotof beer
Old Nov 12th 2013, 10:10 pm
Home and Happy

Think i'll stick to Singaporalotof beer
If it hadn't taken me so long to get a decent status with Qantas I would probbly do the same. Just a general attitude of superiority and rudeness - as if the passengers were just an annoyance, not the people paying the crew's wages!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:24 am
Home and Happy

A few pics from NZ........fantastic scenery!
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-5-boattrip-rotoiki-7-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-5-boattrip-rotoiki-18-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-5-boattrip-rotoiki-21-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-4-golden-bay-12-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-6-queen-charlotte-sound-4-.jpg  

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 31st 2014 at 9:26 am.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:27 am
FREE TIBET

I would be on that boat,on my own,with a fridge full of beer
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:29 am
Home and Happy

And.......
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-6-queen-charlotte-sound-32-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-6-queen-charlotte-sound-79-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-5-boattrip-rotoiki-37-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-6-queen-charlotte-sound-82-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-6-queen-charlotte-sound-84-.jpg  

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 31st 2014 at 9:35 am.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:32 am
FREE TIBET

And.......
Did you fall over on the second one
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:33 am
Home and Happy

Did you fall over on the second one
They're from the ipad so they upload sideways!! Turning them round now!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:36 am
Home and Happy

I would be on that boat,on my own,with a fridge full of beer
It was such a peaceful trip, really lovely, nice scenery, nice beer, nice company!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:40 am
Home and Happy

And some mad Witch.......
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-6-queen-charlotte-sound-36-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-6-queen-charlotte-sound-153-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-6-queen-charlotte-sound-167-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-6-queen-charlotte-sound-96-.jpg  

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 31st 2014 at 9:43 am.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 10:18 am
FREE TIBET

And some mad Witch.......
Oh dear,THREAD CLOSED for humane reasons
Old Mar 31st 2014, 10:47 am
Home and Happy

Oh dear,THREAD CLOSED for humane reasons
I'll put (another) spell on you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.