Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Feb 24th 2012, 8:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I said "hike" not "bike".
She can walk can't she?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 8:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Shut yer mouth I can walk up Jessup Street without nearly dying now
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:19 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just like Christmas for some family in Windsor this morning.... Grace Brothers truck and a large container blocking the street, kids with very British accent running around! if the owners are on BE, welcome to north Brisbane
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:59 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just like Christmas for some family in Windsor this morning.... Grace Brothers truck and a large container blocking the street, kids with very British accent running around! if the owners are on BE, welcome to north Brisbane
And if yer on MBTTUK,see ya
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:00 pm
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
And if yer on MBTTUK,see ya
Hiya My Lovelies
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:11 pm
Home and Happy

Mornin'
How's the visa planning going?
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:50 am
Home and Happy

On 10 March 2012, thousands of Tibetans and Tibet supporters round the world will take to the streets to commemorate the Tibetan National Uprising......

http://www.freetibet.org/node/2550

Twas quite good fun actually, once I'd convinced myself that getting up earlyon a Saturday really was a Good Thing. Haven't been on a march since I was 17 and chaining myself to the Council railings to stop them taking the 6th Form away from our school
This was far more sedate, though I'm not sure some of the snootier looking residents of New Farm were impressed at the volume with which the kiddies were screaming "Get China out of Tibet" and the two guys that we passed who were trying to rustle up votes for some political party rather shot their leader's voting prospects in the foot by asking "where's Tibet then? Is it some Afrcan place?"

Then New Farm Park and a trip on the City Cat, I could almost imagine I liked being here......for a few hours at least
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-414012_3022581160941_1155074348_32432307_1268661239_o.jpg   Comfortably numb......-d.jpeg   Comfortably numb......-.jpeg   Comfortably numb......-b.jpg   Comfortably numb......-c.jpg  

Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:50 am
Home and Happy

This one's mainly for Lorna - I just got out my Lonely Planet phrase book, which I picked up from somewhere thinking I ought to learn how to say "please sell us a vat of cheap plonk so my mate and I can get ratted" in best Italian.
I opened it randomly and found myself on the pages containing little gems like
"do you have a condom?"
"shall we go outside?"
"Ï don't like it like that"
"Can I stay over"
Ï think we are good together my little fleshy thing"
and "Can we keep in touch?"
....all in that order?!!
Bit worried when I then turned over two pages by accident and found "I don't mind watching but I'd rather not join in"
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:59 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

This one's mainly for Lorna - I just got out my Lonely Planet phrase book, which I picked up from somewhere thinking I ought to learn how to say "please sell us a vat of cheap plonk so my mate and I can get ratted" in best Italian.
I opened it randomly and found myself on the pages containing little gems like
"do you have a condom?"
"shall we go outside?"
"Ï don't like it like that"
"Can I stay over"
Ï think we are good together my little fleshy thing"
and "Can we keep in touch?"
....all in that order?!!
Bit worried when I then turned over two pages by accident and found "I don't mind watching but I'd rather not join in"
If I hear phrases like that coming from your room, shall I leave you to get on with it or "watch but not join in"?

Who writes phrase books these days?
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:06 am
Home and Happy

If I hear phrases like that coming from your room, shall I leave you to get on with it or "watch but not join in"?

Who writes phrase books these days?
Wellll I do know that one of Bernie's mates works for Lonely Planet, maybe that explains it LOL
Some very usual phrases in here for me to learn....."Where is the health food section?" "You'll be charged with disturbing the peace" "Can I pay a fine to clear my name" and in the hotel section "Its OK, there is no need to change my sheets!"
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:10 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

If you do get charged with disturbing the peace you can pay your own bloody fine
I don't want to have any dealings with the local Carabinieri.

Does your phrase book include a section on how to deal with them and beg them "please do not arrest me and deport me"?
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:16 am
Home and Happy

If you do get charged with disturbing the peace you can pay your own bloody fine
I don't want to have any dealings with the local Carabinieri.

Does your phrase book include a section on how to deal with them and beg them "please do not arrest me and deport me"?
Ermmm I'm looking, I've found, "Its not mine" and " I didn't know I had to declare it" ...and another useful one fo me "Where can I park my bicycle "
"That bill is not mine, I didn't use the minibar" :rofl"
"Can I call a lawyer that speaks English?" , I'll bookmark that one and "I didn't do it I'm innocent" is the best I can do I reckon!!

Ah here's a useful one "My friend can speak Italian"
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:26 am

Ermmm I'm looking, I've found, "Its not mine" and " I didn't know I had to declare it" ...and another useful one fo me "Where can I park my bicycle "
"That bill is not mine, I didn't use the minibar" :rofl"
"Can I call a lawyer that speaks English?" , I'll bookmark that one and "I didn't do it I'm innocent" is the best I can do I reckon!!

Ah here's a useful one "My friend can speak Italian"
Don't be dragging me into any skirmishes with the law
I've managed to avoid them so far apart from one spot check on the roads that went like this:

"Signora - driving license and car log book."
I hand them over and they study them for 10 minutes.
"So you're a foreigner - where's your stay permit?"
- I have an Italian identity card so I'm not obbliged to carry my permit with me at all times as well.
"It is NOT for you to tell us what your obbligations are or are not Signora."

Thankfully, although I have a big gob, I know when it's in my best interest to keep it shut.

They pretended to study my papers for another 5 minutes and then just gave them back to me with a curt "you can go."

And so I slowly pulled out into the traffic when I really wanted to run them over.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:45 am
Home and Happy

Don't be dragging me into any skirmishes with the law
I've managed to avoid them so far apart from one spot check on the roads that went like this:

"Signora - driving license and car log book."
I hand them over and they study them for 10 minutes.
"So you're a foreigner - where's your stay permit?"
- I have an Italian identity card so I'm not obbliged to carry my permit with me at all times as well.
"It is NOT for you to tell us what your obbligations are or are not Signora."

Thankfully, although I have a big gob, I know when it's in my best interest to keep it shut.

They pretended to study my papers for another 5 minutes and then just gave them back to me with a curt "you can go."

And so I slowly pulled out into the traffic when I really wanted to run them over.
I'll just tell them I'm an Aussie, they'll treat me as a curiosity till they get bored and then I'm baffle them by throwing in the British bit - then won't know where to deport me to
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:48 am

I'll just tell them I'm an Aussie, they'll treat me as a curiosity till they get bored and then I'm baffle them by throwing in the British bit - then won't know where to deport me to
That's true.
They have a reputation of not being the smartest lot around.

One of the oldest jokes going is - why do Carabinieri trousers have a red stripe down the leg? So they know which way to put them on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.